Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    I was playing around with the PWR predictor on the
    THG site and even with a Tech sweep this week, I could not get us to move up. Still at 23.
    the ND series/GLI is going to be key to getting a chance at an at-large
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Chris Bergeron talks about Huskies -vs- Falcons ( https://youtu.be/2N5BMy_QFGM ) beginning at 6:15 of video.

Comment

Nice win. We are now @ #22 in PWR. Go Lakers, help us to move higher and close the gap in the WCHA.
        MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
        2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
          Nice win. We are now @ #22 in PWR. Go Lakers, help us to move higher and close the gap in the WCHA.
          I guess they helped you by one point which is better than none.

I have watched a couple of Bemidji games this year and at this point have been more impressed watching Bowling Green and Michigan Tech. I think Tech will pass Bemidji by the end of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
            I guess they helped you by one point which is better than none.

I have watched a couple of Bemidji games this year and at this point have been more impressed watching Bowling Green and Michigan Tech. I think Tech will pass Bemidji by the end of the year.
            Thanks for the point, one is better than nothing. Your Lakers are a year or 2 away from really being in the thick of things in my opinion. You may even get home ice for playoffs this year if things shake out right for you. Nice team when you played up here earlier this year.
            Bemidji's Bitzer is a great goalie, he can carry them.

Comment

Big sweep by the Huskies. I didn't think they'd get that going into the weekend, but they recovered from two different 1-0 deficits to sweep...now if LSSU can get another point (or more) tonight in Bemidji.
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Big sweep this weekend. They looked pretty good in the 3rd and Jackson's speed really showed.

Mel's postgame with Dirk:
                It wasn't a masterpiece, but we'll take it
                They're physical, a good team, it took us awhile to get going
                This team is night and day from where we've come from early in the season, without Steman and Baltus too
                We're getting to unselfish on offensive, but overall a big 6 points
                Told the guys how proud I am of them, may be the only team that hasn't had a weekend off, plus 15 road gams vs. 7 at home, proud of them
                Well needed break, physically and mentally get rested up
                Incredible Tech fans this weekend

Comment

This is going to be a fun ride after the holidays. BSU gets a home and home next weekend with Duluth before they get their first weekend off of the year. Then the Beavers go to Anchorage and Bowling Green on back to back weekends.
                  Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                  FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                  NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                  NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                  NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                  NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                  Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                  Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Feeling good about the last dozen games.
                    We really need the next 4; Michigan, Western (MSU?), ND, ND.
                    The pairwise depends on the remaining non-conference performance. Hopefully we get a shot at a NCHC win.
                    The WCHA won'thelp us much anymore for an at-large.
                    Go Huskies!

Comment

Originally posted by Redridge View Post
                      The pairwise depends on the remaining non-conference performance. Hopefully we get a shot at a NCHC win.
                      The WCHA won'thelp us much anymore for an at-large.
                      BSU and MTU appear to be the only two teams with a chance at an at-large bid yet with both having 4 NC games left against (mostly) quality opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by Redridge View Post
                        The WCHA won't help us much anymore for an at-large.
                        Yeah, we need to go at least 3-1, preferably getting to at least the GLI final. While I usually hate bye weeks, I'm rather worried that we haven't had any prior to this. Nice momentum here in the last 3 games, but it'll be tough to stay "on" with 19 days until our next game.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Yeah, we need to go at least 3-1, preferably getting to at least the GLI final. While I usually hate bye weeks, I'm rather worried that we haven't had any prior to this. Nice momentum here in the last 3 games, but it'll be tough to stay "on" with 19 days until our next game.
                          The team does need a break though. I think it is finals week coming up also.
                          Michigan State is the only team playing before GLI. It is against Northeastern on the 18th (only 1 game) Michigan and Western next games are GLI along with Tech.
                          The break will reenergize Tech I would hope.

Comment

Nice pasty dinner last night in BG to go along with a very exciting end to end game. Great win for the Huskies, a much need sweep. A very well deserved break, but still, can't wait for the GLi to get here. Should be some great hockey. Hope they can get Steman healed up and back in the line up for the second half run. Got a little help from LSSU over the weekend, Gonna be an interesting 2nd half...

Comment

A few notes from the Mel P show:
                              Mel overall happy about the team, number of road games, overcoming some injuries etc
                              Mel sought out Mr. Slater on Saturday to thank him for this support of college hockey in general($2M gift to BGSU), pretty nice of Mel
                              Mel's pushing here for our admin/fundraising people, we want to make major renovations to the back wall, would like to get it done before Mel's hangs it up

Main focus is exams this week, a few practices too
                              Students can go home Thursday night, players report back to Detroit on 12/26

Want to get guys healthy, see if Steman will be ready for GLI
                              Prayers and thoughts to Matt Roy, did not make trip back to Houghton, family had a medical emergency on their way to BG

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                                we want to make major renovations to the back wall, would like to get it done before Mel's hangs it up...
                                So if I delay giving money for the project, Mel coaches longer? Sorry no donations this year, next year, the year after...

He should have said renovated facilities might rejuvinate him and make him feel like he could coach another 5-10 years longer than he was planning.
                                Ryan J
                                Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                                https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                                Originally posted by geezer
                                Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                                Originally posted by manurespreader
                                ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Working...
                                X