Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    what's with this feed from UAF? It's like watching thru an Aldis lamp.
    I hope it's better than the feed from Bowling Green, which was terrible.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Anyone know where Coach Pearson is? Not on the bench.

Comment

• Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
        Anyone know where Coach Pearson is? Not on the bench.
        UAF announcer hinted he was in Houghton.

Comment

The UAF play by play guy said Tech get's to do this trip again next year, UAA/UAF over thankgiving week, third straight year. Start planning your trip now!

Coach Shawhan with Dirk:
          Redmond great, proud of the guys, 9 shots periods 1, 11 through last 2
          That included a couple 5x3s
          Shawhan joked it's 1:45ET back home, is anyone listening? can we sing Christmas carols?
          So happy for Mel, important we play well for him, he's go this program running, we have stay out of the way, let the guys do what they do, know Mel will sleep better
          We have an outstanding D group
          Penalties - they're tickey/tack, but it's the game nowadays, need to stay on the right side of the puck, players are learning how to draw the calls too, no issues with tonight's calls
          Redmond - great play, great poke check killing the 5x3, great kid that worked hard when he wasn't playing earlier this year, his confidence is growing, receptive to coaching, all of our goalies can play

Comment

Leibinger at center? Now I've seen it all...haha.
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
              Coach Shawhan with Dirk:
              Penalties - they're tickey/tack, but it's the game nowadays...
              You can mark this down as understatement of the season. WCHA officiating has become a complete joke. Anyone who so much as bumps another player of their course is heading to the box. Anyone who knocks over player that doesn't have a direct contact with the puck is heading to the box. (Forget finishing your check, that is now "interference" in the WCHA). Regardless of how many power plays Tech received, the officiating was a joke and the one linesman that couldn't even drop the puck was even worse.

We need not fear the WCHA being tagged as a "clutch and grab" league. We'll be known as the special teams league soon enough because 5v5 hockey is no longer played in the WCHA.

Nice to see Tech get a win, but it is aweful hockey to watch with a whistle every 2-3 minutes of game time. Zero flow and if UAF had any kind of power play they would have run away with this game.

Ryan J
              Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
              Originally posted by geezer
              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
              Originally posted by manurespreader
              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                You can mark this down as understatement of the season. WCHA officiating has become a complete joke. Anyone who so much as bumps another player of their course is heading to the box. Anyone who knocks over player that doesn't have a direct contact with the puck is heading to the box. (Forget finishing your check, that is now "interference" in the WCHA). Regardless of how many power plays Tech received, the officiating was a joke and the one linesman that couldn't even drop the puck was even worse.

We need not fear the WCHA being tagged as a "clutch and grab" league. We'll be known as the special teams league soon enough because 5v5 hockey is no longer played in the WCHA.

Ryan J
                you should go to an ECAC game. believe it or not, it's worse.
                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
                  UAF announcer hinted he was in Houghton.
                  Huh? Does anyone know why he was in Houghton and not on the bench?
                  "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
                  Abe Lincoln

Comment

Definitely does not seem good that Mel is in Houghton, hopefully everything is alright with his health and with his family.
                    2005-2006: 7-25-6
                    2006-2007: 18-17-5
                    2007-2008: 14-20-5
                    2008-2009: 6-25-7
                    2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Family emergency of some sort. Details are not known.
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                        Family emergency of some sort. Details are not known.
                        It's odd that Dirk didn't even mention that he wasn't there; unless I missed it?

Someone mentioned he left AK directly after UAA series. I thought it was odd that Coach Shawhan did the post game interview last Saturday. I thought at the time maybe Coach Pearson was upset with the game results; didn't seem like his style. Hope nothing serious.

Comment

Ugh, the only thing worse than having a tight follow camera op who can't find the puck is a director who insists on cutting to it live again and again. This UAF feed is borderline unwatchable.

Comment

Really appreciated that 5 minute lapse in the stream so I couldn't see the Baltus goal too, especially since we get no replays in the intermission. Hope you enjoy your smoke break while we're treated to 15 minutes of a static slide.

UAF sucks at video.

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                              Ugh, the only thing worse than having a tight follow camera op who can't find the puck is a director who insists on cutting to it live again and again. This UAF feed is borderline unwatchable.
                              Switched crew; last night was good. This is terrible. Worse than UAA last Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
                                Switched crew; last night was good. This is terrible. Worse than UAA last Saturday.
                                I think they are the same as last night. a few calls were ok, the guy counting shots is doing a terrible job as well. I thought they got us running around right before that goal.
                                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                                X