Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bose301s View Post
    Wait, what happened to Jackson?
    Mel mentioned something during the pregame about him being. Out til at least bgsu, missed why...
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

Coach said injured, out until at least GLI - bummer as he was just getting it going...

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
        Mel mentioned something during the pregame about him being. Out til at least bgsu, missed why...
        Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
        Coach said injured, out until at least GLI - bummer as he was just getting it going...
        My response: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s
        2005-2006: 7-25-6
        2006-2007: 18-17-5
        2007-2008: 14-20-5
        2008-2009: 6-25-7
        2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Listened to the pregame again, Mel didn't say what the injury was just that Jackson could be back for BGSU, definitely should be back for GLi.
          Also from pregame: Anderson, Brice and Gillies are the guys who made the trip but didn't dress last night, I would guess that Wintjes was the 4th...
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I was assuming Gillies out until next week...

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
              hey they took BSU to OT in Bemidji, they are bad and beatable, but not horrendous.
              Look, if we can pound them, they're not any good. Admittedly, they took us to OT the second night, but on our Friday game there, they looked like lost little children at the mall (i.e., UAH in 2013-14).

GFM
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                So to start some wild speculation, based on the way Blacklock looked and skated off the ice, I'm guessing concussion, now let the baseless rumors fly.
                There is no way that wasn't a concussion, he looked like he had no idea where he was at all. He was on the bench for a long time just hanging his head while the trainer talked to him. I would be absolutely shocked if he was dresssed tonight.
                MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                  There is no way that wasn't a concussion, he looked like he had no idea where he was at all. He was on the bench for a long time just hanging his head while the trainer talked to him. I would be absolutely shocked if he was dresssed tonight.
                  No way he dresses tonight, I'm thinking he'll probably be headed back to Houghton this week and one of the guys who stayed back will be heading up to Fairbanks.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                    Well I have to say i'm extremely frustrated with all the penalties we are taking. I believe we are now the most penalized team in all of NCAA D 1 hockey.
                    Well maybe interference and what not, are points of emphasis, but what we saw last night was another level. In short, if a player took one hand off their stick on defense, or got their stick anywhere above the other player's waist, they were going to be headed to the box. However I did feel those calls were going both ways, as crazy as they were.

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                    I was tempted last week to tell jj to **** but now since i'm superstitious, jj from now on, please!, **** before a game, it tempts fate otherwise..
                    Honestly, USCHO has removed too much content for me to know if I'm doing something wrong or right. So I guess I'll just keep on doing what I do (whatever that might be). :-)

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                    There is no way that wasn't a concussion, he looked like he had no idea where he was at all. He was on the bench for a long time just hanging his head while the trainer talked to him. I would be absolutely shocked if he was dressed tonight.
                    I was standing at the player's exit when he finally came off the ice after sitting on the bench for a while. He still looked like a deer in the headlights coming off the ice. I didn't see the hit live and I didn't see a replay at the rink but I'm guessing he got rocked pretty good as it was one of the few things that got the UAA crowd vocal during the game.
                    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                    Originally posted by geezer
                    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                    Originally posted by manurespreader
                    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      hey they took BSU to OT in Bemidji, they are bad and beatable, but not horrendous.
                      No, horrendous is probably the closest. They're pretty bad.
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                        ...I would guess that Wintjes was the 4th...
                        I believe Dirk mentioned Kero as the back up on the trip.

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
                          I believe Dirk mentioned Kero as the back up on the trip.
                          yes Kero was the official backup but the team was allowed to bring 24 players on this trip, with injuries, my guess for the 4th scratch player is wintjes.

Comment

Dylan Hubbs was suspended for tonight's game, which I expect was the hit on Blacklock.

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                              Dylan Hubbs was suspended for tonight's game, which I expect was the hit on Blacklock.

GFM
                              Yes it was, I never saw the hit as it was away from the play and they never showed a replay. Glad that looked at it though.

Comment

Looking terrible through the first 10 minutes of play.

They just look disjointed and out of sync, bad passes, poor decision making and getting out skated by UAA. Seeing passes made to people that have 2 UAA guys on them, very low percentage pass that probably shouldn't be made but has been every time so far tonight. Hopefully first intermission corrections help, especially when UAA is playing with only 10 forwards.
                                Last edited by bose301s; 11-19-2016, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X