Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    Thanks guys, I did get confirmation shortly after publishing that MTU had been pretty heavily scouting him, but its nice to know I still got it! I don't get the information I used to but if they give me a nugget, I can usually reduce it to a manageable list.

Seems like a great pickup for the Huskies with his start and sounds like ALOT of teams were interested.
    Nice detective work. Great write-up on THG.

Is there a decent barber in Houghton? Check out this kids hair. He makes Ron Burgundy look like a bum.

Comment

A few notes from the Mel P show today:
      We can take 24 on this 2 weekend trip to AK.

Baltus was available Saturday but stuck with the same lineup
      Steman - has not sakted, big day today to see if he gets on the ice, imagin he'll be okay this weekend, if he's not, should be ok by the second weekend in AK
      Gillies - got hurt at MI, blocking a shot, it's like a high ankle sprain, he's a question mark, other two should be ok

Here's a recruiting article Mel was quoted in:
      Inside college hockey's fierce recruiting war
      http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/ar...recruiting-war

Comment

• Not directly hockey related but Techs HFC Tom Kearly retired today. He did a great job with the program. Hope tMel starts as long or longer.

Comment

Where would Tech be right now if Redmond had started right out of the gate? Nothing against Wintjes and Kero but this kid looks phenomenal to me. I haven't seen anything yet that makes me question his abilities.
          Almost think Tech could have at least split at Duluth, Mankato and maybe swept Michigan.
          Hope he keeps rolling.

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
            Where would Tech be right now if Redmond had started right out of the gate? Nothing against Wintjes and Kero but this kid looks phenomenal to me. I haven't seen anything yet that makes me question his abilities.
            Almost think Tech could have at least split at Duluth, Mankato and maybe swept Michigan.
            Hope he keeps rolling.
            possibly, or 6-0 type loss in game one could have crushed his confidence...
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
              Where would Tech be right now if Redmond had started right out of the gate?
              Well the good part is that is doesn't matter how you start, only how you finish.
              Ryan
              Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
              Originally posted by geezer
              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
              Originally posted by manurespreader
              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

possibly, or 6-0 type loss in game one could have crushed his confidence...
                Exactly. Redmond had little to lose by getting the nod when he did. If Pearson had gone with him at the start of the year, who knows how much pressure he would've felt?

You can't speculate too much about "what could've been", you can only look at what is to come.

Comment

Getting packed to head up even farther North than Houghton. I can't wait to feel 20 degrees and 90% humidity. Damp and cold - awesome combination and so much like Denver weather where it was 80 yesterday (ok yeah, it snowed today). Time for series predictions. I say Pearson takes the boys up to AK in their special anti-Seawolf plane and they start the trip by sweeping the Ponies out of Anchorage. Six points in Anchorage - take it to the bank.
                  Ryan J

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                  https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                  Originally posted by geezer
                  Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                  Originally posted by manurespreader
                  ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                    Fun fact courtesy of Dave Ellis just a few minutes ago on the broadcast: Cliff Ronning had committed to Michigan Tech before changing his mind and opting for the WHL in 1983.
                    Ronning played for the New Westminster Royals in 82-83 along with future Huskies Dave Roach & Ally Cook. Former Tech standout John Grisdale was an assistant coach on that team, so you can follow the pipeline pretty easily.

Comment

Okay, will this make the Tech fans really mad? Week 8 Predictions

GFM <— is just doing math, man.
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

For those of you interested, THG had quite a few posts in the last 48 hours.

MTU vs UAA Series Preview
                        Alumni Update: Where are they now?
                        An update on the Early Signing Period
                        Road Trips: Anchorage
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

For those of you interested, THG had quite a few posts in the last 48 hours.

MTU vs UAA Series Preview
                          Alumni Update: Where are they now?
                          An update on the Early Signing Period
                          Road Trips: Anchorage
                          Y'all are doing good work.

GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Programming note if you're trying to listen on the radio in the Copper Country tonight - WKMJ's tower was affected by the current power outage in Houghton, so it's likely the game will not be on terrestrial radio live. You can use the TuneIn app or www.pasty.net to listen to Dirk Hembroff's play-by-play.

Added benefit for online listeners - no time lag disadvantage for Pepsi Trivia for those listening on the web tonight, since everyone will have to be listening online!

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                              Programming note if you're trying to listen on the radio in the Copper Country tonight - WKMJ's tower was affected by the current power outage in Houghton, so it's likely the game will not be on terrestrial radio live. You can use the TuneIn app or www.pasty.net to listen to Dirk Hembroff's play-by-play.

Added benefit for online listeners - no time lag disadvantage for Pepsi Trivia for those listening on the web tonight, since everyone will have to be listening online!
                              Well I have to say i'm extremely frustrated with all the penalties we are taking. I believe we are now the most penalized team in all of NCAA D 1 hockey.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Great first period, terrible second period, hopefully will pick it back up for the third.
                                2005-2006: 7-25-6
                                2006-2007: 18-17-5
                                2007-2008: 14-20-5
                                2008-2009: 6-25-7
                                2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Working...
                                X