Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Superfly100 View Post
    Appreciate the win and really like the effort, but we need to start moving the puck. Way too many individual efforts out there. We'll start winning as a team when we start playing like one. Still feels like a group of guys that don't know (trust) each other well enough yet. I hope it's that and not a roster of guys worried more about their stats than the win.
    There was a semi 2 on 1 thought it was Smith and Gerrie, instead of just shooting the Tech center tried to give it to the up man, and it just missed. The only time I saw no pass was on Jackson's goal. That worked. Which plays are you referring to as I did not see that last night.

Comment

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
      There was a semi 2 on 1 thought it was Smith and Gerrie, instead of just shooting the Tech center tried to give it to the up man, and it just missed. The only time I saw no pass was on Jackson's goal. That worked. Which plays are you referring to as I did not see that last night.
      I agree with you, not sure what game superfly was watching but most of the issues we had were because we tried to pass too much and they were either intercepted or off target, I would actually like to see more times where someone trys to do something without passing instead of making an errant pass, I honestly thought our weakest part in that game was that we were too unselfish and trying to be too fancy with the puck.
      2005-2006: 7-25-6
      2006-2007: 18-17-5
      2007-2008: 14-20-5
      2008-2009: 6-25-7
      2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly100 View Post
        Appreciate the win and really like the effort, but we need to start moving the puck. Way too many individual efforts out there. We'll start winning as a team when we start playing like one. Still feels like a group of guys that don't know (trust) each other well enough yet. I hope it's that and not a roster of guys worried more about their stats than the win.
        I agree they need to move it more and move it sooner than they do now, but I don;t think last night was their best game.

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
        Jackson didn't share it very well last week either.

The coaches mentioned on the radio broadcast that they need to move the puck sooner and have better puck movement. I totally agree. NMU was able to clog things up in large part because we were slow recognizing the need to pass.
        On that 2 on 1, I thought he waited a bit too long to try the pass, and his buddy didn't do enough to get open.

On another note, I have a question for shirtless. Shirtless, lets say we win the first game at the GLI. so we would be 1-1 -1 vs Michigan. who wins the comparison?

Third,
        I watched 4 games last night. UAA is better than people think. Bemidji maybe not as good, WMU is big, fast and hard nosed but needs more offensive skill, and BC played quite well vs a very defensive PC squad. And the crowd at Denver was pretty sparse. in fact only maybe 60% full.
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
          I agree they need to move it more and move it sooner than they do now, but I don;t think last night was their best game.

Jackson didn't share it very well last week either.

The coaches mentioned on the radio broadcast that they need to move the puck sooner and have better puck movement. I totally agree. NMU was able to clog things up in large part because we were slow recognizing the need to pass.
          On that 2 on 1, I thought he waited a bit too long to try the pass, and his buddy didn't do enough to get open.

On another note, I have a question for shirtless. Shirtless, lets say we win the first game at the GLI. so we would be 1-1 -1 vs Michigan. who wins the comparison?

Third,
          I watched 4 games last night. UAA is better than people think. Bemidji maybe not as good, WMU is big, fast and hard nosed but needs more offensive skill, and BC played quite well vs a very defensive PC squad. And the crowd at Denver was pretty sparse. in fact only maybe 60% full.
          To answer your pairwise question. If H2H is tied it would come down completely to RPI standings. COP is also in there, but won't matter in a H2H tie situation since RPI is also the tie breaker. So, if Tech and Michigan are tied in H2H, Tech wins COP, but Michigan wins RPI, then the comparisons are tied 2-2 with Michigan winning the RPI tie breaker.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Tech had two solid periods tonight. The game got away from them a bit in the 3rd, and they were lucky to have built up the lead early.

Nothing less than a sweep in East Lansing will be acceptable.

Comment

So close to back to back shutouts for Redmond on his first 2 starts, although can't complain about 1 goal given up on a weekend. Definitely a good game tonight, the two SH goals were awesome, at least one of them should be a top 5 play for the week IMO. Still taking too many penalties though, need to work on that still.

Mitch Reinke is impressive as hell, does not look like a freshman out there. Reid Sturos also impressed me tonight, he was all over the ice and the puck was on his stick so often and he made smart decisions, he looked very good on the PP and PK out there. Hope we can keep it rolling next weekend in East Lansing, this team is definitely looking like they can be very dangerous.
              Last edited by bose301s; 10-29-2016, 08:50 PM.
              2005-2006: 7-25-6
              2006-2007: 18-17-5
              2007-2008: 14-20-5
              2008-2009: 6-25-7
              2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Nice weekend sweep.

Mel's postgame with Dirk:
                disapointed in the goal we gave up, don't want to give up anything
                happy with 5 goals, but would like to keep that at 0, especially the way Angus played, oustanding
                Out PK did a gret job, eventhought gave up the 1 goal
                Angus was very very good tonight
                Big road win, 3 big league points, we're starting to play well
                Like to see Heinonen, Steman, Baltus score, good for Reinke to get a goal too
                Neville goal, real good weekend overall, especially PK, faceoffs too and blocked shots
                Angus read things well, he was good, haven't seen any nervous, solid tonight
                Back to the road, MSU, these road games will make us better, have to find a way to win and take crowd out of it
                Thanks to fans that made it to Marquette

Comment

Great game by the Huskies tonight. The big guns were firing, Heinonen, Steman, and nice to see Balts get his first.
                  Angus was superb. Nice job Tech faithful, Mel even stopped to insure a little kid left the rink with a game puck. Go Tech!

Comment

• Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                    Great game by the Huskies tonight. The big guns were firing, Heinonen, Steman, and nice to see Balts get his first.
                    Angus was superb. Nice job Tech faithful, Mel even stopped to insure a little kid left the rink with a game puck. Go Tech!
                    Anyone else notice our guys leaning over the boards the whole game while the northern players sat their hands? It could have been 12-1. I never feel sorry for who plays us but they need to get motivated.

Mel tossed the game puck to a kid in a northern jersey. It was the same one that hit him in the back halfway through the third. One of my kids got 3 pucks, a stick, and a high five from Dave Ellis. She was on fire.

Comment

• Nice article from CBC

http://www.cbc.ca/m/sports/topstories/john-scott-returns-to-newfoundland-1.3828206

Sorry I don't know how to make links.

Comment

• Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                        Can't recall a specific play, but to me, it seemed like there were too many times that guys would try to beat defenders 1-on-1 when there was an open player. Then, they'd try to make a rushed or forced pass a step or two late once they realized they weren't going to beat the defender.

Didn't see Saturday's game, but liking the outcome!

Comment

My biggest takeaways from the Mel P show today:
                          For home non-conference in the future, AZ State, UMD, Notre Dame, still working with Wisconsin to see if we'll get them here. Trying to fit them into the schedule.
                          In talks with MSU and UM, want to keep them on the schedule. We help their draw downstate and good for our fans to get them up here. Really believe the MI B1G teams should play other Michigan schools, good for hockey in MI.

Have to take risks in non-conference games and would schedule it this way again. Have come up a bit short so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                            For home non-conference in the future, AZ State, UMD, Notre Dame, still working with Wisconsin to see if we'll get them here. Trying to fit them into the schedule.
                            In talks with MSU and UM, want to keep them on the schedule. We help their draw downstate and good for our fans to get them up here. Really believe the MI B1G teams should play other Michigan schools, good for hockey in MI.

Have to take risks in non-conference games and would schedule it this way again. Have come up a bit short so far.
                            I'm rather impressed ND agreed to go up to Houghton. We played them at the Resch in Green Bay prior to Jeff Jackson's tenure.

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                              For home non-conference in the future, AZ State...
                              Ugh, more non-conference games against conference members, pointless.

Ryan J
                              Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                              Originally posted by geezer
                              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                              Originally posted by manurespreader
                              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                I'm rather impressed ND agreed to go up to Houghton. We played them at the Resch in Green Bay prior to Jeff Jackson's tenure.
                                They'll probably get a good tongue lashing once the BIG finds out about this.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X