Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

Not a bad first period, 1-0 Tech, shots 19-8 Tech after 1. Two big things stand out to me after the first, our passing has improved for sure, but still needs some work, leading players too far and definitely not as crisp as they should be. the second is the play behind the net/behind the redline in our own zone, very sloppy in the first with some really bad turnovers and that NMU was close to capitalizing on, need to work on that, otherwise looking infinitely better than the MSUM and even UAH series.
    2005-2006: 7-25-6
    2006-2007: 18-17-5
    2007-2008: 14-20-5
    2008-2009: 6-25-7
    2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Way to go Tech!! I think we've found our goalie, Angus Redmond with the SO in his first career start. He looked very good out there, never looked shaky to me, just solid all night, with some very very good and timely saves.

Overall that was a very solid game, could have easily been 4 or 5-0 but Tolvanen is very good and made some extremely good saves. If Redmond can continue his strong play and we improve a bit on our puckhandling and decision making, watch out, we will be tough to stop. Amazing what a few weeks will do, we looked lost against MSUM and now we outplayed Michigan on the weekend last weekend and pretty well handled NMU tonight, as much as it sucks to be in the hole we are in, look what we did in the second half last year, if we can string wins together we could do some damage, my optimism is returning.
      2005-2006: 7-25-6
      2006-2007: 18-17-5
      2007-2008: 14-20-5
      2008-2009: 6-25-7
      2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Looked like a great crowd. Good for Redmond to get the shutout.

Mel's postgame with Dirk:
        Good 1st period, sag in the 2nd, but credit to NMU
        Big goal by Jackson
        Credit to PKers, nice job
        Sturos/Neville have killed penalties for 4 years, block shots etc
        Redmond with a few big saves, did a good job when we needed him tonight
        Good PP movement, big to get lead with PP goal
        Got away from some of the things we need to do to have success in the 2nd
        We're a good skating team, so can get up/down olympic sheet tomorrow
        Thanks to our students/fans, great support and great fans

Comment

First career start, first career shutout. I like it.

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
          Overall that was a very solid game, could have easily been 4 or 5-0 but Tolvanen is very good and made some extremely good saves. If Redmond can continue his strong play and we improve a bit on our puckhandling and decision making, watch out, we will be tough to stop. Amazing what a few weeks will do, we looked lost against MSUM and now we outplayed Michigan on the weekend last weekend and pretty well handled NMU tonight, as much as it sucks to be in the hole we are in, look what we did in the second half last year, if we can string wins together we could do some damage, my optimism is returning.
          I'll echo this. We'd have waxed them pretty good, if not for Tolvanen. Redmond needs to be ready to go into hostile territory tomorrow. They all need to be ready, in fact - need to finish more of our chances.

Comment

Can we get a student section like this for every home series, please?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              Can we get a student section like this for every home series, please?

They were great at Michigan, I think the misfits are really finding their grove this year. Matt has been doing great so far.
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Great to see the '75 team and have a chance to charm with Bobbly Lorimer & Mike Zuke. That was a pretty amazing team.
                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                  Great to see the '75 team and have a chance to charm with Bobbly Lorimer & Mike Zuke. That was a pretty amazing team.
                  it really was.. Great players, but who are all those old guys taking bows?

I thought Tech didn;t play as well as last weekend tonight. A lot of mid ice turnovers, errant passes etc. Redmond was good. Profs to NMU for playing a very tough close checking game.
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Can someone explain to me why the MTU recap video includes PBP commentary from the NMU guys? I don't recall this problem last year. Surely we can get Dirk in there, even if his audio has to be aligned for some sort of delay?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      Can someone explain to me why the MTU recap video includes PBP commentary from the NMU guys? I don't recall this problem last year. Surely we can get Dirk in there, even if his audio has to be aligned for some sort of delay?
                      I'm guessing it's not an NMU guy, it's probably TV6 instead of WCHA.tv
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                        I guess, but why them for most of the recap, and then a sudden burst of Dirk 1/3 of the way in (before reverting)?

Comment

Saw Tech play live for the first time this year and was very impressed with the speed and confidence of all the freshman; and there were a lot of them playing. It restores my optimism to see these young guys playing so well especially the CERTIFIED ANGUS shutout. Sometimes lucky is just as important as being good.
                          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                            It wasn't NMU. It's possible that TV6 used some of their highlights and some from WCHA TV. Our audio wouldn't have been attached to any video tonight, nor will it be tomorrow in Marquette.
                            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                              I got to visit with them the third period. Great group of guys. Lorimer told me "we had a decent run with some competitive teams". Uh, yeah you did!

Comment

Appreciate the win and really like the effort, but we need to start moving the puck. Way too many individual efforts out there. We'll start winning as a team when we start playing like one. Still feels like a group of guys that don't know (trust) each other well enough yet. I hope it's that and not a roster of guys worried more about their stats than the win.

Comment

Working...
                                X