Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bose301s View Post
    Yup. I would post a Debbie downer video but since they've turned off all embeds in this forum it's less fun.
    we got a win and tie according to the NCAA against a team that swept Ferris State on the road. While I would have preferred a sweep, we should be happy to get what we did even after Friday's domination.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

Resub
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Was at Saturday's game. Overall, was happy with the effort. They worked hard on every shift, but one. Not sure if they let off the gas or if they didn't increase the pace to match UAH's tempo. Regardless, they were out skated and gave up the tieing goal.

The biggest thing I saw was general sloppiness with the puck. They relied on team speed to cover for mistakes. Lots of turnovers and weak passes. They could out skate UAH to recover, but if that's how we played in Duluth and Mankato (didn't see either series), then I'm less surprised on those sweeps than I was immediately after them. Will really need to clean up that aspect of the game.

Also, saw a little too much handling the puck in the offensive zone and it caused a lot of passes to be a half step too late. Not quick, coordinated puck movement. Might be players still getting used to playing together.

The talent is there. Still have high hopes for the year. Can really change the feel of the season with this weekend's performance!

Comment

• Originally posted by Superfly100 View Post
          Was at Saturday's game. Overall, was happy with the effort. They worked hard on every shift, but one. Not sure if they let off the gas or if they didn't increase the pace to match UAH's tempo. Regardless, they were out skated and gave up the tieing goal.

The biggest thing I saw was general sloppiness with the puck. They relied on team speed to cover for mistakes. Lots of turnovers and weak passes. They could out skate UAH to recover, but if that's how we played in Duluth and Mankato (didn't see either series), then I'm less surprised on those sweeps than I was immediately after them. Will really need to clean up that aspect of the game.

Also, saw a little too much handling the puck in the offensive zone and it caused a lot of passes to be a half step too late. Not quick, coordinated puck movement. Might be players still getting used to playing together.

The talent is there. Still have high hopes for the year. Can really change the feel of the season with this weekend's performance!
          IMHO The coaching staff took this game to lightly, maybe assuming domination like Friday night. If it wasn't for solid goal tending it could have been an easy loss. Tech had an entire line of freshman getting regular shifts, even in the first overtime. I'm not saying they played badly, in fact they had some good shifts but with points so crucial it seems like you go for the jugular with your vets.

On the MPS, last week, the coach was asked if he regretted not playing other goalies in lieu of Phillips and he said no; need to put your best team on the ice. Why a different philosophy Saturday night. Arguably your most offensive defenseman sits after a very productive Friday night. Why not run with the same line up or swap out freshman for freshman. Surprised Gilles missed another game and Blacklock the entire weekend?
          Maybe they have some injuries already??
          Last edited by rustedblades; 10-17-2016, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Finally on board. Have enjoyed all of the Tech posts for several years. Hope to make some sense after watching Tech hockey since 1962. Still on the Husky Wagon for 16-17...interesting freshman making a real impression.

Comment

OK, after a long hiatus (too lazy to make a new password), I'm back. Mostly because I'm curious how close Shirtless is to putting in another order of the cream GLI jerseys? I'd like to get on that list.

As to Hockey.. I was in Houghton for the UAH series. Tech looked good Friday night, and got the puck luck bounces. One of the those games where everything we did worked out right and everything they did, not so much. Saturday, after a slow start, we didn't look bad, but couldn't get anything to bounce our way around the net. I didn't see the "15 break-a-ways." UAH did have a much better game Sat. and did have some better chances than the night before. A solid game out of Kero (needs to control his rebounds a little better) and the other freshman played very well, with Gould getting a couple of great opportunities. Need to finish on the chances.

Tech will have to raise it a notch this weekend in AA.

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
                OK, after a long hiatus (too lazy to make a new password), I'm back. Mostly because I'm curious how close Shirtless is to putting in another order of the cream GLI jerseys? I'd like to get on that list.

As to Hockey.. I was in Houghton for the UAH series. Tech looked good Friday night, and got the puck luck bounces. One of the those games where everything we did worked out right and everything they did, not so much. Saturday, after a slow start, we didn't look bad, but couldn't get anything to bounce our way around the net. I didn't see the "15 break-a-ways." UAH did have a much better game Sat. and did have some better chances than the night before. A solid game out of Kero (needs to control his rebounds a little better) and the other freshman played very well, with Gould getting a couple of great opportunities. Need to finish on the chances.

Tech will have to raise it a notch this weekend in AA.
                We are working on a new order, getting pretty close to enough interest in the cream jerseys.

If you're interested in any authentic Michigan Tech hockey jerseys, fill out the google form and I'll put you on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  We are working on a new order, getting pretty close to enough interest in the cream jerseys.

If you're interested in any authentic Michigan Tech hockey jerseys, fill out the google form and I'll put you on the list.
                  Need to check which ones of current set I don't have, I know for sure I have the cream and don't have the white but forget if I have gold or black. Will you allow customization again, need a Petan and Phillips jersey.
                  2005-2006: 7-25-6
                  2006-2007: 18-17-5
                  2007-2008: 14-20-5
                  2008-2009: 6-25-7
                  2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                    Need to check which ones of current set I don't have, I know for sure I have the cream and don't have the white but forget if I have gold or black. Will you allow customization again, need a Petan and Phillips jersey.
                    Yes as long as they're graduated

Comment

I see we have a new recruit. Mitch Meek from the Penticton Vees. Defenseman.
                      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Anyone know who made the trip this weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                          Anyone know who made the trip this weekend!
                          They posted a picture at the bridge again. I believe they took 25. My best guess based on the picture is all 3 goalies and every player that has played a game so far except Evan Anderson, plus I believe Pederson made the trip.

Comment

Oh man. The Techsters better plan on scoring five goals every game in order to win.

Comment

Goaltending has got to improve, if we are to have any chance at anything, it can't continue to be this terrible.
                              2005-2006: 7-25-6
                              2006-2007: 18-17-5
                              2007-2008: 14-20-5
                              2008-2009: 6-25-7
                              2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Rough way to lose a game.

Mel's postgame with Dirk:
                                Some good things, but can't give up 4 goals on the road and expect to win
                                We got some bounces, but we've got to learn the situation the last min of the game, have to control the puck
                                We were lazy getting back to the puck in the 3rd
                                We've got to learn from that to get better and beat good teams like Michigan in their building
                                Good puck movement on the PP, even though no PP goals
                                Their goalie made some outstanding saves
                                Need more players playing a team game, too many players trying to do too much individually, will be close until everyone is on the same page
                                Not satisfied with just being okay, no more moral victories, need to find a way to win
                                message to team - we need everbody, everbody has to play the right way
                                Kero had a good game, but soft 2nd goal and bad turnover at the end

Comment

Working...
                                X