Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

This is just bad hockey. We have not even been close to putting the puck in the net.

3 goals on 17 shots. I still would have sat Redmond. Goaltending had not met expectations, in spite of past performance.

That said, goaltending is not the problem. Gotta put it in the net. We need a goal scorer.
    Go Huskies!

Comment

Originally posted by Redridge View Post
      This is just bad hockey. We have not even been close to putting the puck in the net.

3 goals on 17 shots. I still would have sat Redmond. Goaltending had not met expectations, in spite of past performance.

That said, goaltending is not the problem. Gotta put it in the net. We need a goal scorer.
      Our entire offensive game just disappeared this year, everyone who had been a scorer previously just disappeared, Heinonen hasn't done anything, L'Esperance hasn't done much, just no real offense to speak of.
      2005-2006: 7-25-6
      2006-2007: 18-17-5
      2007-2008: 14-20-5
      2008-2009: 6-25-7
      2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Yes no real goal scorer. We do need more out of Heino and L'Esperance. We've consistently had the same lineup, and it seems like Mel likes to settle into a lineup late in the season but maybe we need more competition for playing time. Give new guys a shot.

Also can't forget, Baltus, Steman heck even Boeing not transferring would all have helped goal scoring this year.

Comment

I'm sure Mel's post game will say we need to focus on the remaining games.

But tonight's performance is not going to win the broadmoor, and it's not going to make the tournament. There needs to be a significant shake up.

We consistently outshoot them, and yet give up many more goals.

We talk about our 6 D at NHL camps, and great goaltending, but we get pounded on the scoreboard.

Offense needs serious help.
          Go Huskies!

Comment

Well, that was just sad. I think you've got to make huge shakeup, change every line up and play a lot of the guys who have been sitting. I also think Redmond needs to sit a game or two. Yes I know Kero and Wintjes were terrible in the first few weeks, but you have to do something, Redmond has let in way too many soft goals lately and way too many goals in general. Any bit of confidence I had in this team after wining at ND and the win against MSUM is gone. Like I said above, there's just enough games left that we could finish with a losing record and I would not be the least bit surprised if we lost out, we looked that bad.

Comment

Mel's post game with Dirk:
              They're tough to play against when they have the lead.
              We couldn't get anything going offensively.
              Birks leaving early messed things up with moving Liebs back to D.
              There will be upsets in WCHA playoffs. We need to get that 2 seed.
              Disappointing night last night. Carried into tonight.
              We didn't convert on our few chances. Have to against BSU.
              Looking forward to a good week of practice. It's been awhile with travel. It's shown.
              Birks seems like he'll be ok for next week.
              We're asking more of guys. Some are learning by fire.
              Ready for a great WC crowd.
              It's all about getting better once playoffs start.

Comment

Is anyone starting to feel that we got super lucky in the 2014-15 season and a huge number of factors just so happened to line up perfectly for us and that since we've been regressing? That's really how I am starting to feel.

Comment

• Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                  Is anyone starting to feel that we got super lucky in the 2014-15 season and a huge number of factors just so happened to line up perfectly for us and that since we've been regressing? That's really how I am starting to feel.
                  Not at all. Any program has peaks and valleys. 2014-2016 were highlight years, no doubt, but I'm not giving up on the season yet. There's still potential for a great finish and playoff run.

We're far better off than we were before Mel. Just take a breath and regroup.

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly100 View Post
                    Not at all. Any program has peaks and valleys. 2014-2016 were highlight years, no doubt, but I'm not giving up on the season yet. There's still potential for a great finish and playoff run.

We're far better off than we were before Mel. Just take a breath and regroup.
                    I don't disagree that we're far better off, but I will say I think at least some of that comes from playing in a weaker conference than we did before. We are definitely getting better recruits under Mel and when a season like this can be disappointing vs. under Jamie when a sub 10 win season was not only not a surprise but basically expected, it is a much nicer feeling.

Comment

I must have missed Birks leaving the team?

You're panicking, bose - time to man up. Superfly is right. Just look at UND - last year, 34 wins and national champions. This year, could still miss home ice for the NCHC playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        I must have missed Birks leaving the team?

You're panicking, bose - time to man up. Superfly is right. Just look at UND - last year, 34 wins and national champions. This year, could still miss home ice for the NCHC playoffs.
                        Birkd left the game, took a hit from behind in the first according to Mel and got cut a bit, medical held him out to be cautious about concussion protocol. Mel did he'd likely be back for the WC series.

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                          I don't disagree that we're far better off, but I will say I think at least some of that comes from playing in a weaker conference than we did before. We are definitely getting better recruits under Mel and when a season like this can be disappointing vs. under Jamie when a sub 10 win season was not only not a surprise but basically expected, it is a much nicer feeling.
                          It's just not the need for better recruits. I read this in the paper, (do you still call it a paper when you read it online?)by a well known journalist. It was in reference to the Super Bowl and why some teams keep making it there. "It’s a subtle thing, this attitude of expectation versus acceptance.". It refers to the mental aspect of a team. I think it fits what we seeing happening at Tech.

Comment

The way I see it, another lost opportunity for this team to write their story, GLI title, MacNaughton Cup, (WCHA playoff champion, 2017 NCAA tournament selection).

I hope we all get a chance to see a tourney game this year, my prediction prior to the series was Heinonen, Lucchini,, and Jackson would step up and take care of business. Our fwd slump continued.
                            I hope the team regroups and sets aim at what is within their reach. Fans, let's pack the MAC and show the team, we are all behind them.
                            Go Tech.
                            Last edited by Huskiefan906; 02-05-2017, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X