Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

4 even strength goals by Husky forwards ... nice!! Great win.

Comment

Originally posted by lawdoggies View Post
      4 even strength goals by Husky forwards ... nice!! Great win.
      Seriously. Much needed.

Comment

Yay, found some scoring touch again. Split was definitely needed.
        2005-2006: 7-25-6
        2006-2007: 18-17-5
        2007-2008: 14-20-5
        2008-2009: 6-25-7
        2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Tonight's game shows how good this team can play.
          Rock solid defense which is great. Hopefully the goals will keep coming like they did in the 2nd and 3rd periods.
          Go Huskies!
          MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
          2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

I know we wanted a sweep for the PWR, but good split and good to see some scoring from a good defensive team.

Mel's postgame with Dirk
            We did little things better, won some battles, good PP and PK was good
            Total team effort
            They're a real good team, to get 4 on the road is good
            Mel's bullish on this team, stick with the plan
            Smith, thought about getting him out of lineup tonight, kind of been complacent, good to see him play hard
            Gould played well in a tough environment, Beretta too
            We had some good opportunities we didn't score on
            Really looking forward to getting home
            Mel P show likely on Tuesday this week

Comment

I was thinking last night with the NCAA games being shown in Canada that Tech/ND was not a representation of how good college hockey is, tonight made me forget I was not watching the world juniors, great skilled game. What a difference from last night. The flow and rushes made it enjoyable to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                I know we wanted a sweep for the PWR, but good split and good to see some scoring from a good defensive team.

Mel's postgame with Dirk
                We did little things better, won some battles, good PP and PK was good
                Total team effort
                They're a real good team, to get 4 on the road is good
                Mel's bullish on this team, stick with the plan
                Smith, thought about getting him out of lineup tonight, kind of been complacent, good to see him play hard
                Gould played well in a tough environment, Beretta too
                We had some good opportunities we didn't score on
                Really looking forward to getting home
                Mel P show likely on Tuesday this week
                Did he say anything about that ND hand pass in the second that resulted in a faceoff in the Tech zone? He didn't seem too pleased about that at the time, and I don't blame him. I couldn't figure out what the hell was going on with that, either.

Comment

Our family had UMD-CC and Tech on TV same time. Concluded Tech was playing better hockey. We have come a long way. We can play anyone.

Very pretty goal by Smith and Jackson.

We need to stay out of the box. Trading penalties is not a good idea for this team. We did better at that last night, and it paid off.

Great game on national TV.

I think the PWR reflects the win, with some hockey east comparisons showing better, although the overall still needs RPI help. Putting away the mavericks at home will help.
                  Go Huskies!

Comment

It was a treat last night to hear Gord Miller call the game, one of my favorite announcers to hear.
                    Think the outburst last night will get the forwards some confidence now in the race for the Cup!

Comment

Really enjoyed watching last night's game on TV. (Also enjoyed Friday's, but not quite as much.) I was surprised the boards didn't have any ads on them, does anyone know if any other schools are similarly liberated? I decided I prefer the plain white boards of NCAA tournament games over the green line all the way around.

Also watched some of the World Juniors and enjoyed the college hockey commercials, especially when Tech showed up. Hopefully they reached prospective players...and fans...

Comment

Jackson played at another level last night, I also liked Evan Anderson's game, overall hustle, winning battles on the boards, and had a wrap around scoring chance. Big win last night, I was so disappointed with the GLI game vs Western, this one showed what Tech can do when they put it together.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                          It was a treat last night to hear Gord Miller call the game, one of my favorite announcers to hear.
                          Think the outburst last night will get the forwards some confidence now in the race for the Cup!
                          I especially liked when he called the town "Hott-in" instead of Houghton.

Better to read the pronunciations ahead of time, Gord. Player names included.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post

It is really hard listening to other announcers when they are just brutal on what seem like pretty simple names...
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post

I got a kick out the scoreboard transcription of Compton's announcer. Goal by "Make El Neville".

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                                It is really hard listening to other announcers when they are just brutal on what seem like pretty simple names...
                                At least they don't call you Michigan.

GFM
                                Geof F. Morris
                                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Working...
                                X