Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    totally agree. We had tons of pp chances and got nothing done. Taking the penalty with 1 minute left was brutal. Give UAA credit their pp was good.I would say maybe our second worst game of the year. Other than that 6-0 to duluth, at times we were good, but awareness could have been better.
    We have been getting some help in the pairwise out east, but you have to take care of home ice.
    Since we started playing better we've gotten a PP goal in almost every single game.
    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
      It was hard to see what exactly happened on my computer screen, but right before Tech scored their 3rd goal a UAA players stick went flying in the air. Looked like it was chopped out of his hands. If that is the case, shouldn't it have been a penalty? To someone who was there, what happened on that play?
      Auk carried the puck into the zone and went for a slap shot, the UAA defender stuck his stick in at the last moment and Auk caught it on the follow through sending it flying.

Comment

Home cooking didn't help the PP, the reffing, or the ability to catch a pass. Redmond, huge mistake behind the net. He has made a more than a few of those lately. This just happened to be the first time he has gotten burned on it. May be time to give him a rest and give Kero a start tonight.

Fingers crossed for better results tonight..... GO HUSKIES!

Comment

To be honest, I want to see Pederson and Brice tonight on the 4th line.
          Brice Blacklock Pederson tonight. Tough one last night, but we can make it ok by getting the job done tonight. Neville is amazing at home especially offensively , he is a highlight reel at the Mac.

Comment

Well a lousy start. 1-0 after 1 UAA.. 4 pp's for UAA which we killed and then we don't take care of the puck on a harmless play and they score. similar to last night. just not concentrating, coming back, or working hard in the corners.. We had 1 or 2 good looks but didn't get good shots for the most part. Hard for me to understand how we can not be up for this game. edit, we have worked hard in the offensive corners but haven't taken care of the defensive end like we should have imho.
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

This is why this year's team won't win anything. You have to show the mental strength to fight through a weekend like this against a bullsh** team like Anchorage. Dropping points is just flat out unacceptable.

And before the Anchorage fans get all upset, it's not your fault. Your team made Tech look like bullsh** all weekend.

Comment

At least the video feed was better tonight.

On second thought, maybe it was better last night (not working)
                Go Huskies!

Comment

Basically a split for conference purposes, 2 ties officially, definitely not what we needed. At the end of the day though we all know the WCHA will be a 1 bid conference again so at the point the regular season doesn't really even matter, we have to win the Broadmoor to get into the NCAA tournament.

I don't get this team, at times we'll show flashes of greatness and look like a great team then the next night or weekend we'll play like complete garbage, most bipolar Husky team I've ever followed.

Minnesota State next weekend, with how we usually play them I'm expecting at best a split.
                  Last edited by bose301s; 01-14-2017, 08:46 PM.
                  2005-2006: 7-25-6
                  2006-2007: 18-17-5
                  2007-2008: 14-20-5
                  2008-2009: 6-25-7
                  2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

JFC, what the hell? I know UAA has improved, but this is still silly.

Comment

This weekend feels so much like that UAA series that cost us a chance at the tournament last season.

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                        This is why this year's team won't win anything. You have to show the mental strength to fight through a weekend like this against a bullsh** team like Anchorage. Dropping points is just flat out unacceptable.

And before the Anchorage fans get all upset, it's not your fault. Your team made Tech look like bullsh** all weekend.
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by that_noodle_guy View Post
                          This weekend feels so much like that UAA series that cost us a chance at the tournament last season.
                          yes it does, except we played a lot better this weekend than last year, and we really were the better team tonight even if we did take 8 penalties in the first 40 minutes. I thought the reffing was not very good and not very consistent throughout the weekend.

Before this weekend we still had a decent chance at an at large bid. I would say we still have a chance though diminished. We will need some help, but we have to sweep a couple of these series coming up. Good to see Gerrie score. I hope he continues to improve and I thought Barreta has been better than early in the year. The UAA goal was unfortunate for us but we should be able to score more than 1 goal in 70 minutes of hockey.
                          Also, I get what you say there johnny mac but I'm still optimistic. I think we have a lot of young guys who are still learning and improving and this will help them. Crosses fingers and sighs.
                          Last edited by manurespreader; 01-14-2017, 09:08 PM.
                          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Who won the shootout?
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                              Basically a split for conference purposes, 2 ties officially, definitely not what we needed. At the end of the day though we all know the WCHA will be a 1 bid conference again so at the point the regular season doesn't really even matter, we have to win the Broadmoor to get into the NCAA tournament.

I don't get this team, at times we'll show flashes of greatness and look like a great team then the next night or weekend we'll play like complete garbage, most bipolar Husky team I've ever followed.

Minnesota State next weekend, with how we usually play them I'm expecting at best a split.
                              I wouldn't be so down, if you take away the UAH series in their middle of the season MSU had been inconsistent.
                              Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                Who won the shootout?
                                Tech.
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                                X