Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

Wow! Brutal, Butt Ugly second period. Weak goal given up to tie it at 2 all. Missed opportunities galore. This was not the same team I saw in Houghton against UAH. It was by far not the team I saw in AA two weeks ago. And it can't possibly be the same team that swept Northern last week. These guys need to figure some things out real fast or they are looking at sub .500 season!

Comment

I'm willing to chalk up tonight to bus legs and playing down to MSU. If tomorrow isn't a substantial win, I'll be lowering my expectations considerably until at least the GLI. I feel like there's a lot of youthful uncertainty with this group.

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      On the Authentic jersey order, we have enough interest in the cream jerseys to submit an order. If you're interested in buying an authentic MTU Cream jersey, now is the time to pledge your interest. The cost is between $150 (blank w/crest) and $190 (embellished with name and/or number). If you're interested, fill out the google form ASAP so I can get going on this soon.
      I shouldn't, but I also really want a cream jersey...*sighs and submits*
      Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 11-04-2016, 10:15 PM.

Comment

I generally agree with the troll. We did not play with much of a sense of urgency. The third period was ok, but we didn;t have but about 5 shots on net. I thought we were going to win because we play hard in OT usually, but our PK is not that good and we don;t pressure the puck. So the other team gets lots of looks and eventually they get one thru. The players need to take a hard look in the mirror though because they all could be better.

I thought our best player by far was Reid Sturos. He hustled his butt off and caused problems for them. I thought the goaltending was below average, the defense was ok though we had a lot of trouble in the second getting out of our own end, and the forwards, meh. They didn't really control play in the offensive end that well and they were slower than usual to loose pucks letting state break out too easily imho. I didn't think the freshmen forwards were all that great. they were not really in position and because of that state got some free looks.
        On state's first goal, their guy was all alone, uncovered, and calling for the puck from the blue line in. they got it to him and it was like some huge surprise that they did. He had the whole net and all day to shoot.

I don't know maybe they don;t get how important these non conference games are. But it was pretty disappointing. I wanted to give the dog a good kick when I got home.

Oh and we hit at least two posts. L'Esperance had one late in the game on a deflection I thought for sure would go in.
        Last edited by manurespreader; 11-04-2016, 10:24 PM.
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

MS, I agree. Reid hustled for sure, and Joel is snake bit to the point it's in his head. MSU was 2 for 2 on the PP. I grant you the first one was just plain inexcusable on Redmond's part. I was sitting Right behind Tech's bench and judging from Pearson's reaction he would agree with me. On the game winner Tech just gave their point a clear view of the net and all night to shoot.

We got that lead and flat out stopped skating. There are still one or two guys that are still playing selfish hockey and it shows

Tomorrow night Tech needs to come out and find a way to salvage the split.. GO Huskies!

Comment

I was at the last 4 games, I heard the fans over the Comcast banter, but was not sounding like the turnout at AA or NMU. I would assume 2 additional forwards made the trip, I Would like to see what Pederson and Brice have. I really wonder why Anderson does not get a shot.
            Is Gillies hurt? Mason Blacklock has really improved his skating, fun to watch.
            Last edited by Huskiefan906; 11-05-2016, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
              I was at the last 4 games, I heard the fans over the Comcast banter, but was not sounding like the turnout at AA or NMU. I would assume 2 additional forwards made the trip, I Would like to see what Pederson and Brice have. I really wonder why Anderson does not get a shot.
              Is Gillies hurt? Mason Blacklock has really improved his skating, fun to watch.
              There were quite a few fans but they were all spread out and the misfits didn't make the trip. I expect there will be more tonight.

Blacklock was a lot better I agree. And The troll and I must have sat about 3 seats apart. Good question on Gillies, hard to say. We are going to see this style of hockey a lot from other teams and we better get used to it. I think our team succeeds best when we play really fast and put pressure on their D, we did't play fast enough to suit me yesterday.
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

yea, nowhere near the noise Husky fans made at Yost. One small group in the corner was trying. I was surprised at how many empty seats there were. Hoping for a larger turn out of Tech fans tonight.

Comment

3-6-2 ... ouch! Last night was disappointing: the tough early road schedule was supposed to prepare Tech for games like this; there were few penalties and 5x5 hockey was supposed to be the Huskies' strength; and where was the team in the 2nd period?

Comment

Time for some BIG BOY hockey!
                    27-11-7
                    What the hell have you got to lose!
                    Make Tech Hockey great again!

Comment

Fun fact courtesy of Dave Ellis just a few minutes ago on the broadcast: Cliff Ronning had committed to Michigan Tech before changing his mind and opting for the WHL in 1983.

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                        Fun fact courtesy of Dave Ellis just a few minutes ago on the broadcast: Cliff Ronning had committed to Michigan Tech before changing his mind and opting for the WHL in 1983.
                        And another I didn't know, Herb Boxer was the first American born player drafted in the NHL.
                        2005-2006: 7-25-6
                        2006-2007: 18-17-5
                        2007-2008: 14-20-5
                        2008-2009: 6-25-7
                        2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                          And another I didn't know, Herb Boxer was the first American born player drafted in the NHL.
                          Wasn't Al Karlander the first college player drafted in the NHL?
                          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

That's better!! Good game Huskies.

Comment

nice bounce back.
                              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Nice game tonight. Let's get on a roll now!
                                MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                                2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Working...
                                X