Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
    I thought JJ said that he wasn't and was saving his travel budget for other trips this year. I'm sad that I didn't get to talk to him last season (saw him at rink level).
    GFM
    True - Unfortunately I don't think UAH is in the cards for this season. If I do another trip it will be either be to Notre Dame and/or any potential playoff / tourney games during the stretch run. The good part is that the opportunity comes up at least every other season now so there will be more chances down the road.
    Ryan J
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
      True - Unfortunately I don't think UAH is in the cards for this season. If I do another trip it will be either be to Notre Dame and/or any potential playoff / tourney games during the stretch run. The good part is that the opportunity comes up at least every other season now so there will be more chances down the road.
      Ryan J
      Next time we really should meet up.

GFM
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

I'm trying to finagle something with work that would let me go to the UAH series. One of our biggest suppliers has their engineering facilities in Huntsville and they invited us down to see the facility, so I am trying to work out a trip to tour their facilities on Friday and go to the games that weekend. Not sure it will happen but worth a shot.
        2005-2006: 7-25-6
        2006-2007: 18-17-5
        2007-2008: 14-20-5
        2008-2009: 6-25-7
        2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
          I checked into the multi city on Delta, and they do not fly the ANC FAI leg so I gave up on that. in addition if you look, some of the airline web sites advise you that booking the trip as 3 one ways might save you money. I haven't found that to be true. However, having said that, it's a huge pain to have to go back to ANC after the game on saturday. it costs you almost a full day. It's worth the extra 100 bucks if you ask me, just to get out of there promptly.

I take the train in Europe quite often but most of the time it goes 250- 300 kph so it doesn't take as long to get anywhere though flights are quite often cheaper. I like the train because it's not near as much hassle and leaves from downtown most of the time.
          I suggest using Kiwi.com to look for exotic cheaper itinerary options or matrix.itasoftware.com.
          Originally posted by SCSU Euro
          What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
            I suggest using Kiwi.com to look for exotic cheaper itinerary options or matrix.itasoftware.com.
            There's a couple of others also. Cheapo air is pretty good and I use Kayak at times too.
            Also if you are using the train in Europe the polrail site can get you tickets on any of the major country rail lines and is cheaper than most of the other sites.
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Tomorrow THG is launching the first edition of our new newsletter. You can sign up here. http://techhockeyguide.com/news/2016...kly-newsletter
              Originally posted by SCSU Euro
              What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                Tomorrow THG is launching the first edition of our new newsletter. You can sign up here. http://techhockeyguide.com/news/2016...kly-newsletter
                Very nice!
                "Michigan Tech is to NCAA Hockey, what the Original Six is to the NHL" - Ryan Johnson

Comment

Is there a buzz in Houghton? Did someone short-sheet Bitzer's bed?

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

Sigh.... **** company Christmas Party tonight....
                    Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                    FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                    NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                    NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                    NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                    NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                    Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                    Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

• Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                      Sigh.... **** company Christmas Party tonight....
                      I drew a longer straw ... center ice, seven rows off the glass ... hoping to see a couple of good games.

Comment

Originally posted by lawdoggies View Post
                        I drew a longer straw ... center ice, seven rows off the glass ... hoping to see a couple of good games.
                        Sure, rub it in (not that I would be there in person anyway). Tonight I will have a glass in front of me as well, but it will just be an adult beverage(s) and no hockey. But I should be able to catch tomorrow's broadcast.

I hope you get to see a couple of good ones as well. Here is to a good series!
                        Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                        FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                        NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                        NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                        NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                        NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                        Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                        Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                          Sure, rub it in (not that I would be there in person anyway). Tonight I will have a glass in front of me as well, but it will just be an adult beverage(s) and no hockey. But I should be able to catch tomorrow's broadcast.

earbud in one ear...
                          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                            Looking forward to it! Tech's played 18 games and only been home for 5 of them. It'll be interesting to see if a couple of guys can return to the lineup and who Mel puts on the ice.

Comment

Looks like we got 1 of the injured players back, Jake Jackson back in the lineup. No Steman though and Baltus out, hope he is not re-injured.
                              Let's get it going, big weekend for Tech.

Comment

We can stop committing penalties any time now.

Score first goal, Neville off of a steal and a quick answer by Bemidji.
                                2005-2006: 7-25-6
                                2006-2007: 18-17-5
                                2007-2008: 14-20-5
                                2008-2009: 6-25-7
                                2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Working...
                                X