Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

Do we at least get paid to go down and play teams like MSU and UM? I know in football when teams like MSU and UM bring in smaller schools to play the small schools are willing to go in and get beat up because they make a decent amount of money off of it, I just don't know if hockey works the same way.
    2005-2006: 7-25-6
    2006-2007: 18-17-5
    2007-2008: 14-20-5
    2008-2009: 6-25-7
    2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      They'll probably get a good tongue lashing once the BIG finds out about this.
      ND to BIG: Hey, we got your memo with our tentative conference schedule for next season - thanks. I see we get to play the same six teams, four times every year. That sounds really exciting. Can't wait to get started. FYI, we're playing Michigan Tech as part of our non-conference schedule to help fill in the gaps since our conference is so small.

BIG: Hey that's great. They'll help your strength of schedule and their fans travel well, so you'll have a nice group of visiting fans that weekend for your gate $$$ total.

ND: We're not playing them at home.

BIG: Oh, you're doing a neutral site game? Great idea! ND has a great national following so I'm sure the golden domer homers will pack whatever rink hosts the game.

ND: No, we're playing the Huskies in Houghton.

BIG: Really? Well you must have at least gotten a 3 for 1 deal so you'll have them at home the next three seasons, right?

ND: No, they're coming here this season and we're going there next season. That seemed fair to us.

BIG: WHAT!?! That's now how we do things. You're going to wreck it for everyone! BIG teams don't do one for one deals!

ND: Oh well, too bad. By the way, did you get our memo that we're joining Atlantic Hockey for the 2019-2020 season?
      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
      Originally posted by geezer
      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
      Originally posted by manurespreader
      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
        ND to BIG: Hey, we got your memo with our tentative conference schedule for next season - thanks. I see we get to play the same six teams, four times every year. That sounds really exciting. Can't wait to get started. FYI, we're playing Michigan Tech as part of our non-conference schedule to help fill in the gaps since our conference is so small.

BIG: Hey that's great. They'll help your strength of schedule and their fans travel well, so you'll have a nice group of visiting fans that weekend for your gate $$$ total.

ND: We're not playing them at home.

BIG: Oh, you're doing a neutral site game? Great idea! ND has a great national following so I'm sure the golden domer homers will pack whatever rink hosts the game.

ND: No, we're playing the Huskies in Houghton.

BIG: Really? Well you must have at least gotten a 3 for 1 deal so you'll have them at home the next three seasons, right?

ND: No, they're coming here this season and we're going there next season. That seemed fair to us.

BIG: WHAT!?! That's now how we do things. You're going to wreck it for everyone! BIG teams don't do one for one deals!

ND: Oh well, too bad. By the way, did you get our memo that we're joining Atlantic Hockey for the 2019-2020 season?

Well played. It's still early, but you may have won the hockey "internets" today.
        "I find that the most trouble encountered with quotes on the internet is figuring out their authenticity"
        -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by bose301s View Post
          Do we at least get paid to go down and play teams like MSU and UM? I know in football when teams like MSU and UM bring in smaller schools to play the small schools are willing to go in and get beat up because they make a decent amount of money off of it, I just don't know if hockey works the same way.
          No. MSU & UM have generously allowed the privilege of visiting their hallowed grounds twice in exchange for them making the arduous journey to the Copper Country once each. It's a tough 53 minute flight from Ann Arbor.
          Last edited by davyd83; 11-01-2016, 12:34 PM.
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Here's our current list of recruits and where they're at this year I think, not sure if any have dropped out or not like Travis Brown.

Code:
            Cooper Watson-D          Vernon Vipers (BCHL)
            Travis Brown-D	        Magician (NAHL)	       
            Jake Gingell-D	        Youngstown (USHL)
            Tristan Rostagno-D	MN Wilderness (NAHL)
            Mitch Newsome-F        Coquitlam (BCHL)
            Jagger Williamson-F	Vernon Vipers (BCHL)  
            Carver Watson-D         Chilliwack (BCHL)
            Keaton Pehrson-D	Elite LG & Lakeville North (MNSHL)
            Colin Swoyer-D	        Sioux Falls (USHL)
            Jackson Cates-F	        Waterloo (USHL)
            Tommy Parrottino-F	Des Moines (USHL)	
            Logan Pietila-F	        Compuware U16	3
            Blake Pietila-G	        Compuware U16	0
            Brian Halonen-F	        Elite Lg & Delano HS (MNSHL)
            Brenden Rons-D	        Omaha (USHL)	  
            Gabe Temple-F	        Victory Honday U16
            Marcus Mitchell-F	Salmon Arm (BCHL)
            Evan Orr-D	        Little Caesers U16
            Mitch Meek-D	        Pentiction (BCHL)

And here's a short write-up on Mitch Meek. Sounds like the coaches were selling playing time right away, with losing a few D after this year.
            http://www.pentictonvees.ca/meek-com...ech-university

Meek Commits to Michigan Tech University
            Meek, who’s an Alternate Captain, is in his fifth and final season of junior hockey but his first with the Vees. Through 13 games, the rear-guard has a goal and seven points, helping the Vees to an 11-2-0-0 record.

“It feels great to have reached a goal of mine after all the work I put into my off-season and I’m excited to go to a program with a great history,” said Meek. “I’m going to have a good opportunity to step in and play right away next year and I can’t wait.”

The Victoria, BC, product hit the 200 games played milestone earlier this season and has split his time in the BCHL between Penticton, Cowichan Valley, Vernon and Victoria. In parts of five seasons the veteran blue-liner has collected 16 goals and 79 points to go along with 170 penalty-minutes in 206 regular season games. He has plenty of playoff experience as well, playing in 38 career Fred Page Cup playoff games and went to the league Final and RBC Cup in 2014 with Vernon.

Meek was acquired from the Cowichan Valley Capitals this summer in an off-season trade.

Michigan Tech University is located in Houghton, Michigan and plays in the 16-team Western Collegiate Hockey Association (WCHA). The Huskies are coached by Mel Pearson, who’s in his sixth season as the program’s head coach. In their history, the Huskies have won three national championships, made 10 Frozen Four appearances, 11 NCAA Tournament appearances, won the WCHA Tournament nine times and have won the WCHA Regular Season championship seven times; most recently in 2015.

Meek is the 14th player on the Vees’ roster this season to secure an NCAA Division l commitment.

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
              Here's our current list of recruits and where they're at this year I think, not sure if any have dropped out or not like Travis Brown.

Code:
              Cooper Watson-D          Vernon Vipers (BCHL)
              Travis Brown-D	        Magician (NAHL)	       
              Jake Gingell-D	        Youngstown (USHL)
              Tristan Rostagno-D	MN Wilderness (NAHL)
              Mitch Newsome-F        Coquitlam (BCHL)
              Jagger Williamson-F	Vernon Vipers (BCHL)  
              Carver Watson-D         Chilliwack (BCHL)
              Keaton Pehrson-D	Elite LG & Lakeville North (MNSHL)
              Colin Swoyer-D	        Sioux Falls (USHL)
              Jackson Cates-F	        Waterloo (USHL)
              Tommy Parrottino-F	Des Moines (USHL)	
              Logan Pietila-F	        Compuware U16	3
              Blake Pietila-G	        Compuware U16	0
              Brian Halonen-F	        Elite Lg & Delano HS (MNSHL)
              Brenden Rons-D	        Omaha (USHL)	  
              Gabe Temple-F	        Victory Honday U16
              Marcus Mitchell-F	Salmon Arm (BCHL)
              Evan Orr-D	        Little Caesers U16
              Mitch Meek-D	        Pentiction (BCHL)

And here's a short write-up on Mitch Meek. Sounds like the coaches were selling playing time right away, with losing a few D after this year.
              http://www.pentictonvees.ca/meek-com...ech-university
              Haha, you drop this one day before my first recruiting article of the year posts. I'll post a link here after. I'm starting a new series next week covering each recruiting source, starting with the Upper Midwest Elite League.
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                Haha, you drop this one day before my first recruiting article of the year posts. I'll post a link here after. I'm starting a new series next week covering each recruiting source, starting with the Upper Midwest Elite League.
                Looking forward to the series! I hadn't seen any recruiting related posts for awhile so thought I'd post for those that don't follow it that close. The list is getting length and we still need a G for next year to replace Wintjes.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                  No. MSU & UM have generously allowed the privilege of visiting their hallowed grounds twice in exchange for them making the arduous journey to the Copper Country once each. It's a tough 53 minute flight from Ann Arbor.
                  Come for the weather!

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                    Looking forward to the series! I hadn't seen any recruiting related posts for awhile so thought I'd post for those that don't follow it that close. The list is getting length and we still need a G for next year to replace Wintjes.
                    Here is the Recruiting Roundup, series starts next week.
                    I'm excited to be back on recruiting now that we have a new guy doing the series previews. Last year someone else felt more comfortable doing recruit articles every other week, so I moved to series previews. It never really panned out so I'm back on recruiting.
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Sigh

Comment

Why are our games against State always far closer than they should be?

Comment

Sigh on the game tonight...disappointing end.

On the Authentic jersey order, we have enough interest in the cream jerseys to submit an order. If you're interested in buying an authentic MTU Cream jersey, now is the time to pledge your interest. The cost is between $150 (blank w/crest) and $190 (embellished with name and/or number). If you're interested, fill out the google form ASAP so I can get going on this soon.

Thanks

Comment

Sigh on the game tonight...disappointing end.

On the Authentic jersey order, we have enough interest in the cream jerseys to submit an order. If you're interested in buying an authentic MTU Cream jersey, now is the time to pledge your interest. The cost is between $150 (blank w/crest) and $190 (embellished with name and/or number). If you're interested, fill out the google form ASAP so I can get going on this soon.

Thanks
                            How much interest are you seeing in the home white and black away jerseys?

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                              How much interest are you seeing in the home white and black away jerseys?
                              White is lowest at 6, black is at 11, gold is at 16...need 25

Comment

White is lowest at 6, black is at 11, gold is at 16...need 25
                                Poo on all of you, I need to complete my set still, order black and white jerseys!!

Comment

Working...
                                X