Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

I disagree that the teams at the top are necessarily better then Tech and the constant acceptance of this. Until I see some attempt to try something different when it ain't working (offense and power play) I won't be satisfied. Winning every game should be the goal, not just competing with "better teams"
    Last edited by rustedblades; 01-07-2017, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
      I disagree that the teams at the top are necessarily better then Tech and the constant acceptance of this. Until I see some attempt to try something different when it ain't working (offense and power play) I won't be satisfied. Winning every game should be the goal, not just competing with "better teams"
      I don't think winning every game is a realistic goal. I do think though the metrics are important overall. the PP has to get better, and that would have made a difference last night. Also, we are good enough such that, with a bounce here or there we can beat anybody. I'm anxious to get Steman and Reinke back in the line up. I think with everyone healthy we would be a factor nationally. Even if we get in somehow and play the number 1 team, that team might be Duluth. We can beat them.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

If the coaching staff can say they did everything possible to win last night; I accept the results. I don't believe they can say that.
        Shoot me I guess for expecting more!

Comment

If the coaching staff can say they did everything possible to win last night; I accept the results. I don't believe they can say that.
          What else do you believe the coaches should have done? Game was closer than the score, Beef let one in he probably should have had. PP is still broken, need more traffic at the net. I see very few ugly goals and we need more of those. Still trust in tMel

Comment

• Originally posted by giwan View Post
            What else do you believe the coaches should have done? Game was closer than the score, Beef let one in he probably should have had. PP is still broken, need more traffic at the net. I see very few ugly goals and we need more of those. Still trust in tMel
            Everyone agrees the power play is broken; try something different (that makes statistical sense!). They tried Gould on the blue line??? Tech's blue liners are some of leading scorers why mess with that. Shuffle the 3 forwards up and try it for more than 1 shift.
            Don't get me wrong, Pearson is 100 times better than anything Techs seen since MacInnes but there is room for improvement.
            Also, unless I missed it I saw no attempt to pull Redmond.Maybe the opportunity didn't present itself.
            Last edited by rustedblades; 01-07-2017, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Everyone agrees the power play is broken; try something different (that makes statistical sense!). They tried Gould on the blue line??? Tech's blue liners are some of leading scorers why mess with that. Shuffle the 3 forwards up and try it for more than 1 shift.
              Don't get me wrong, Pearson is 100 times better than anything Techs seen since MacInnes but there is room for improvement.
              Also, unless I missed it I saw no attempt to pull Redmond.Maybe the opportunity didn't present itself.
              Not sure why tMel didn't pull Redmond, thought there was time but unless you are there you can't tell on TV
              Last edited by giwan; 01-07-2017, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Go Huskies!!

Comment

• Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
                  I bothered me that they didn't pull Redmond and try to get back into it at the end.
                  I thought maybe Dirk would ask Mel about that after the game.
                  I think sometimes Dirk is afraid to ask the tough questions.
                  MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                  2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
                    I bothered me that they didn't pull Redmond and try to get back into it at the end.
                    I thought maybe Dirk would ask Mel about that after the game.
                    Dirk is definitely afraid to ask Mel certain questions.

Comment

Originally posted by knuckles View Post
                      Dirk is definitely afraid to ask Mel certain questions.
                      Hmmm ... maybe ... but he's a broadcaster, not a Senate Select Committee.

Comment

• Originally posted by lawdoggies View Post
                        Hmmm ... maybe ... but he's a broadcaster, not a Senate Select Committee.
                        Yeah but; inquiring fans want to know.

Comment

Yeah but; inquiring fans want to know.
                          True ... maybe it's a good question to send to Mel during his show on Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by lawdoggies View Post
                            True ... maybe it's a good question to send to Mel during his show on Monday.
                            Mel will never give Dirk a straight up honest answer. Mel should be a politician.

Comment

• Originally posted by knuckles View Post
                              Mel will never give Dirk a straight up honest answer. Mel should be a politician.
                              I would have to disagree. During Mel's show I think he gives honest answers.
                              I just think Dirk is afraid to ask tough questions after a tough loss.

Comment

Originally posted by knuckles View Post
                                You're looking for the problem in the wrong place. It isn't Mel, or Dirk.

All coaches give guarded, "political" answers on a regular basis.

Comment

Working...
                                X