Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

Originally posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
    Season ticket holders should be given tickets at no extra cost. I'm not happy with all NC games being away games, but I'm willing to set that frustration aside as long as they keep winning.
    previously all possible playoff games were included in season tickets, and you had to ask for a refund of games that went unused, has that changed?
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
      Season ticket holders should be given tickets at no extra cost. I'm not happy with all NC games being away games, but I'm willing to set that frustration aside as long as they keep winning.
      Remember these are WCHA playoff games, so if it's like most other leagues the conference is getting the gate receipts rather than the school...or at least a substantial cut. Might be a good question for the MPS next Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
        Remember these are WCHA playoff games, so if it's like most other leagues the conference is getting the gate receipts rather than the school...or at least a substantial cut. Might be a good question for the MPS next Monday.
        When BSU made the announcement that they will not have Lakeland Public Television televise any of BSU's home games, it was noted in one of the articles that home sites have to guarantee the WCHA $25,000 for the first and second rounds.

From the article:

"We appreciate everything Lakeland does for BSU," Dill said. "The broadcast is really good. The difference for us is, for first-round games in the WCHA, if we are in a position where we host, you have to guarantee the league $25,000 for the first round. Semifinals is the same and I think the championship is $15,000 or something. So we have to be able to sell tickets."

http://www.bemidjipioneer.com/sports...nt-be-lakeland
        Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
        FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
        NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
        NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
        NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
        NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
        Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
        Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
          When BSU made the announcement that they will not have Lakeland Public Television televise any of BSU's home games, it was noted in one of the articles that home sites have to guarantee the WCHA $25,000 for the first and second rounds.

From the article:

"We appreciate everything Lakeland does for BSU," Dill said. "The broadcast is really good. The difference for us is, for first-round games in the WCHA, if we are in a position where we host, you have to guarantee the league $25,000 for the first round. Semifinals is the same and I think the championship is $15,000 or something. So we have to be able to sell tickets."

http://www.bemidjipioneer.com/sports...nt-be-lakeland
          So those games won't be on WCHA TV either?
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I can tell you that the WCHA is lobbying ASN (American Sports Network) to pick up the championship game for broadcast. Part of the negotiation is what time the game would be played, since ASN is already under contract to air the ECAC championship game that day.

But as for the first two rounds of the playoffs, I don't have any insight.

The Sanford Center does have a video board, right? So you'd think there would at least be something to push out to a webstream for WCHA.tv

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
              So those games won't be on WCHA TV either?
              I am assuming that since that is a pay service, it will be streamed online. I would think they would try to find a way to keep the broadcast crew and some of the production work the same.

And yes, the Sanford Center does have a video board.
              Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
              FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
              NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
              NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
              NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
              NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
              Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
              Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                Seems a little greedy on the part of the WCHA banking $165,000 and the league doesn't really have to do anything. I'm sure the home teams will be responsible for doing most of everything that would be required for any other home series, plus do it all on about a weeks notice. Not much of a "reward" for hosting (from a $$$ stand point).
                Ryan
                Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                Originally posted by geezer
                Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                Originally posted by manurespreader
                ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                  Seems a little greedy on the part of the WCHA banking $165,000 and the league doesn't really have to do anything. I'm sure the home teams will be responsible for doing most of everything that would be required for any other home series, plus do it all on about a weeks notice. Not much of a "reward" for hosting (from a $$$ stand point).
                  Ryan
                  I know this has been discussed and I know there are things the "league" does but just how much is there? anybody?

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                    I know this has been discussed and I know there are things the "league" does but just how much is there? anybody?
                    I believe the point is that the WCHA tournament is basically how the league gets its operating money.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      I believe the point is that the WCHA tournament is basically how the league gets its operating money.
                      Is the league paying for travel for the road teams? If so, that's probably where a decent amount of this money will get spent.

GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

More garbage stretch internet!!!!!

Comment

I think Redmond may need a rest, been letting up some pretty soft goals in the last few games.
                          2005-2006: 7-25-6
                          2006-2007: 18-17-5
                          2007-2008: 14-20-5
                          2008-2009: 6-25-7
                          2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
                            More garbage stretch internet!!!!!
                            I was thinking it might just be me, glad it's not at least, although still just as annoying.
                            2005-2006: 7-25-6
                            2006-2007: 18-17-5
                            2007-2008: 14-20-5
                            2008-2009: 6-25-7
                            2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

• Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                              I was thinking it might just be me, glad it's not at least, although still just as annoying.
                              I tried watching NMU/BGSU same thing. Stretch keeps blaming the venue but I can't believe they are all bad. Bemidji has been very good in years past.

Comment

Yep , this feed sucks

Comment

Working...
                                X