Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 680 of 1001

Thread: MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

  1. #661
    Still upright
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southeast Michigan for now
    Posts
    5,927

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

    Quote Originally Posted by rustedblades View Post
    I disagree that the teams at the top are necessarily better then Tech and the constant acceptance of this. Until I see some attempt to try something different when it ain't working (offense and power play) I won't be satisfied. Winning every game should be the goal, not just competing with "better teams"
    I don't think winning every game is a realistic goal. I do think though the metrics are important overall. the PP has to get better, and that would have made a difference last night. Also, we are good enough such that, with a bounce here or there we can beat anybody. I'm anxious to get Steman and Reinke back in the line up. I think with everyone healthy we would be a factor nationally. Even if we get in somehow and play the number 1 team, that team might be Duluth. We can beat them.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

    It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

  2. #662
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    237

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

    If the coaching staff can say they did everything possible to win last night; I accept the results. I don't believe they can say that.
    Shoot me I guess for expecting more!

  3. #663
    Really??!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Great white north
    Posts
    1,675

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

    Quote Originally Posted by rustedblades View Post
    If the coaching staff can say they did everything possible to win last night; I accept the results. I don't believe they can say that.
    Shoot me I guess for expecting more!
    What else do you believe the coaches should have done? Game was closer than the score, Beef let one in he probably should have had. PP is still broken, need more traffic at the net. I see very few ugly goals and we need more of those. Still trust in tMel

  4. #664
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by giwan View Post
    What else do you believe the coaches should have done? Game was closer than the score, Beef let one in he probably should have had. PP is still broken, need more traffic at the net. I see very few ugly goals and we need more of those. Still trust in tMel
    Everyone agrees the power play is broken; try something different (that makes statistical sense!). They tried Gould on the blue line??? Tech's blue liners are some of leading scorers why mess with that. Shuffle the 3 forwards up and try it for more than 1 shift.
    Don't get me wrong, Pearson is 100 times better than anything Techs seen since MacInnes but there is room for improvement.
    Also, unless I missed it I saw no attempt to pull Redmond.Maybe the opportunity didn't present itself.
    Last edited by rustedblades; 01-07-2017 at 01:34 PM.

  5. #665
    Really??!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Great white north
    Posts
    1,675

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

    Quote Originally Posted by rustedblades View Post
    Everyone agrees the power play is broken; try something different (that makes statistical sense!). They tried Gould on the blue line??? Tech's blue liners are some of leading scorers why mess with that. Shuffle the 3 forwards up and try it for more than 1 shift.
    Don't get me wrong, Pearson is 100 times better than anything Techs seen since MacInnes but there is room for improvement.
    Also, unless I missed it I saw no attempt to pull Redmond.Maybe the opportunity didn't present itself.
    Not sure why tMel didn't pull Redmond, thought there was time but unless you are there you can't tell on TV
    Last edited by giwan; 01-07-2017 at 05:41 PM.

  6. #666
    stuck below the bridge
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Howell/Brighton
    Posts
    507

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

    Go Huskies!!

  7. #667
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Michigan's Copper Country
    Posts
    559
    Quote Originally Posted by rustedblades View Post
    If the coaching staff can say they did everything possible to win last night; I accept the results. I don't believe they can say that.
    Shoot me I guess for expecting more!
    I bothered me that they didn't pull Redmond and try to get back into it at the end.
    I thought maybe Dirk would ask Mel about that after the game.
    I think sometimes Dirk is afraid to ask the tough questions.

  8. #668
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    4

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
    I bothered me that they didn't pull Redmond and try to get back into it at the end.
    I thought maybe Dirk would ask Mel about that after the game.
    I think sometimes Dirk is afraid to ask the tough questions.
    Dirk is definitely afraid to ask Mel certain questions.

  9. #669
    sitting by the river lawdoggies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    WCCHA Land
    Posts
    220

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
    I think sometimes Dirk is afraid to ask the tough questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by knuckles View Post
    Dirk is definitely afraid to ask Mel certain questions.
    Hmmm ... maybe ... but he's a broadcaster, not a Senate Select Committee.

  10. #670
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Michigan's Copper Country
    Posts
    559
    Quote Originally Posted by lawdoggies View Post
    Hmmm ... maybe ... but he's a broadcaster, not a Senate Select Committee.
    Yeah but; inquiring fans want to know.

  11. #671
    sitting by the river lawdoggies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    WCCHA Land
    Posts
    220

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
    Yeah but; inquiring fans want to know.
    True ... maybe it's a good question to send to Mel during his show on Monday.

  12. #672
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    4

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

    Quote Originally Posted by lawdoggies View Post
    True ... maybe it's a good question to send to Mel during his show on Monday.
    Mel will never give Dirk a straight up honest answer. Mel should be a politician.

  13. #673
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Michigan's Copper Country
    Posts
    559
    Quote Originally Posted by knuckles View Post
    Mel will never give Dirk a straight up honest answer. Mel should be a politician.
    I would have to disagree. During Mel's show I think he gives honest answers.
    I just think Dirk is afraid to ask tough questions after a tough loss.

  14. #674
    DYKWIA? FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    America's Great Comeback City™, LOL
    Posts
    24,361

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

    Quote Originally Posted by knuckles View Post
    Mel will never give Dirk a straight up honest answer. Mel should be a politician.
    You're looking for the problem in the wrong place. It isn't Mel, or Dirk.

    All coaches give guarded, "political" answers on a regular basis.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

    Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

  15. #675
    sitting by the river lawdoggies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    WCCHA Land
    Posts
    220

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

    4 even strength goals by Husky forwards ... nice!! Great win.

  16. #676
    DYKWIA? FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    America's Great Comeback City™, LOL
    Posts
    24,361

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

    Quote Originally Posted by lawdoggies View Post
    4 even strength goals by Husky forwards ... nice!! Great win.
    Seriously. Much needed.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

    Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

  17. #677
    I love (goal) lamp
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    1,564

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

    Yay, found some scoring touch again. Split was definitely needed.
    2005-2006: 7-25-6
    2006-2007: 18-17-5
    2007-2008: 14-20-5
    2008-2009: 6-25-7
    2009-2010: 5-30-1

  18. #678
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Michigan's Copper Country
    Posts
    559

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

    Tonight's game shows how good this team can play.
    Rock solid defense which is great. Hopefully the goals will keep coming like they did in the 2nd and 3rd periods.
    Go Huskies!

  19. #679
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,717

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

    I know we wanted a sweep for the PWR, but good split and good to see some scoring from a good defensive team.

    Mel's postgame with Dirk
    We did little things better, won some battles, good PP and PK was good
    Total team effort
    They're a real good team, to get 4 on the road is good
    Mel's bullish on this team, stick with the plan
    Smith, thought about getting him out of lineup tonight, kind of been complacent, good to see him play hard
    Gould played well in a tough environment, Beretta too
    We had some good opportunities we didn't score on
    Really looking forward to getting home
    Mel P show likely on Tuesday this week

  20. #680
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Lower Michigan
    Posts
    829

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

    I was thinking last night with the NCAA games being shown in Canada that Tech/ND was not a representation of how good college hockey is, tonight made me forget I was not watching the world juniors, great skilled game. What a difference from last night. The flow and rushes made it enjoyable to watch.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •