• Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
    GO UNH!!!!!
    So much for that idea...

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
      RiverHawks gonna crush them tonight
      Can I call you before the lottery drawing, too?

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
        Fyp
        why thank you, PuckHawk

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
          Can I call you before the lottery drawing, too?
          that's my one for the year, don't kid yourself

Comment

According to Heisenberg I don't see any defensemen coming in, so far for Fall 2017
            We could use a good size defensemen or two next season

We lose
            Ryan Fitzgerald F
            Matt Gaudreau F
            Austin Cangelosi F
            Chris Calnan F
            Scott Savage - D

Coming in:
            Aaepeli Rasanen F
            Eeli Tolvanen F
            Logan Hutsko F
            Chris Grando F
            Jacob Tortora F
            Monte Graham F
            NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

yup, pretty bad time for an 0-5-2 stretch. Ferris st tie and the home loss to Mack were PWR killers, switch both the tie and loss to wins brings us to # 11. After the ND comeback win i thought we were in............... I guess it's pick your poison Friday night. If UNH finds away we get ND, if not it's them again
              I would think your victory this coming Friday should help the PWR situation for an at large bid?

Comment

RiverHawks gonna crush them tonight
                Prescient!
                Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Guys, the team actually looked like they practiced!! Passed to their own players this weekend. Shot pucks on the PP. Stayed out of the box (at least Friday night).
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

I believe using Dudek on the point was new. York said they almost pulled the trigger on that earlier in the year but for whatever reason didn't. Well he certainly helped in getting pucks to the net.

Woll made some big saves Saturday but don't think he was great overall. Defensively, they are going to make mistakes. Just have to hope they limit them, play smart and don't do something catastrophic. Don't think they have even had a lead on BU all season so that is probably the key. Even if they just go down a goal, I'm not sure they can pull out a comeback. Need to score first.

On the PK, haven't been at a game in a while but wow...is that how they always play it this year? Looked chaotic to me. Lack of communication, falling back too much. Gave up a ton of time and space to the Vermont pointmen but perhaps it was by design. If it was, not a fan of that style.

Was kinda surprised Sneddon never used a timeout in the first period or changed goalies. Vermont did end up scoring a couple in the first but still. Certainly not the UVM I expected based off the last two playoff series' against BC.

Comment

I'd be optimistic from what we saw this weekend but they looked so so bad against BU earlier this year I just don't know if they can produce any offense at all against them. Maybe they will break down some film and try to find a weak link to try to expose. BC would need a miracle to beat BU at this point based on what I've seen in the previous 3 games against them. Absolutely cannot play from behind and even then I think BU is not uncomfortable to get behind and chip away at an opponent's lead.
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

I don't think anyone had them putting up 14 goals in 2 games. That said, they have generated precisely zero offense in 3 games against BU. I'm trying to make myself optimistic by saying how hard it is to beat the same team 4 times in one season over and over, but I don't feel convinced.
                        The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                        BC - 12
                        BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

I've been away twice over the last month or so and the Eagles have not lost in my absence. Scheduled to return this Wednesday. Maybe you all should chip in to keep my arse down here in Puerto Rico through Sunday!
                          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                            I've been away twice over the last month or so and the Eagles have not lost in my absence. Scheduled to return this Wednesday. Maybe you all should chip in to keep my arse down here in Puerto Rico through Sunday!
                            for crise-sakes, pull out some of what's under the mattress , pay up , and stay away

Comment

for crise-sakes, pull out some of what's under the mattress , pay up , and stay away
                              Just checking to see how much everyone here wants it.
                              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                                Just checking to see how much everyone here wants it.
                                Gee and here I thought we could use this game as a chance to finally meet in person.

Comment

Working...
                                X