Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

Originally posted by Marshmont_63 View Post
    I talked with a BC hockey player last year at a BC baseball game, and he said that the assistant coaches are doing a lot of the work, and that Jerry relies much more heavily on them than he ever has before (basically that York is kind of losing it).
    I was told the same by a player back in 2006... that the assistant coaches do most of the work. Appears Jerry places a lot of trust in his staff. They went on to win titles in 2008, 2010 and 2012.

The system hasn't changed. The coaches implementing the system and the players executing the system have changed.
    Last edited by FiveHole12; 03-05-2017, 04:55 AM.
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

At this point, Greg Brown really should be leading the team. He's been here long enough. The question i have is...is he a leader? Or just a very well respected #2?

Comment

Originally posted by Marshmont_63 View Post
        I talked with a BC hockey player last year at a BC baseball game, and he said that the assistant coaches are doing a lot of the work, and that Jerry relies much more heavily on them than he ever has before (basically that York is kind of losing it).
        Interestingly I was told something very similar to this last spring from someone on the inside.
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Jesper Mattila has mono. Will not play this weekend. Apparently he has had mono for a few weeks now.
          Last edited by recruited; 03-06-2017, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
            I was told the same by a player back in 2006... that the assistant coaches do most of the work. Appears Jerry places a lot of trust in his staff. They went on to win titles in 2008, 2010 and 2012.

The system hasn't changed. The coaches implementing the system and the players executing the system have changed.
            so the recent asst coaches that marshie spoke with last year are lazy whiney beee-acthes. while the old guys grabbed the bull by the horns and loved the challenge to actually BE coaches.

problem solved
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by recruited View Post
              Jesper Mattila has mono. Will not play this weekend. Apparently he has had mono for a few weeks now.
              In comes Campoli!
              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                In comes Campoli!
                That's what you think. What forward will be playing defense?

Comment

Sure would like to see Campoli on the ice but it may come down to something in between, an extra forward not playing defense at all, and just 5 Defensemen rotating. Just wanted to present Option 3.

Comment

Vermont. Again. Wonderful.
                    "No matter where you go, there you are"

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      *stabs eyes out*

Wouldn't surprise me. Since Cavanaugh left and York's had eye issues, he has been making a lot of oddball calls. Linell on DEFENSE? That worked well.

Comment

By now we know +/- isn't necessarily a great stat but I was curious. Your leaders:

Cangelosi +19 (add that to his dominance on faceoffs and leading team in goals...slam dunk MVP of the team. hope for player development after all. many, including myself thought this kid might be a bust after his sophomore year. he really turned it around)

Brown +17
                        Kim +17
                        Moore +16

Kim has been playing with Moore. I haven't been to any games recently due to a young one at home but given the comments about Moore...Kim must be carrying that pair. Jeff Cox had some praise for Kim as well. Seems like they found a good one there.

Comment

Kim was a brilliant find.

Moore looked great early. He has had some moments in the past few months but seems to be able to recover from them or they haven't led to goals by happenstance like others perhaps? He seems to be have a lot of upside to be developed so I think you look to him as a good potential shut down guy with some offensive touch, which he does seem to have.

I wish we could have Cangelosi for a few more years, or forever.

Comment

Kim is a real hockey player. The sequence he put together at the end of the game at NU this year was hockey at its best. The step up and clean hit on Gaudette followed by the GWG was outstanding.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              York said in teleconference today that Campoli would be seeing a lot of ice time this weekend. (paraphrasing)
                              https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                              Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Bump
                                Originally posted by mookie1995
                                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Working...
                                X