X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

Originally posted by recruited View Post
    I like this idea.
    no way he would want that. being ad is a hard job. you have hands in all those sports. you are responsible for everything. e v e r y t h i n g

he would be more inclined and much better off as a "greeter/fundraiser" like jack. be rewarded with salary and travel if/when you want to glad hand alums. jerry loves to play golf, let him go play at augusta with alums through members at clubs across the country.

being ad is nonstop work (if you are doing it right. and jerry does things right).
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Mookie i am throwing it out there as a stop gap measure, I know he wouldn't be on the job for long. 3-5 years maybe. It's probably far fetched but as I said I would have more confidence in him pushing the administration to try and be great and hire quality candidates than someone like a Brad Bates or whoever they end up hiring.

Comment

Plus I am pretty sure each sport has an associate rep from the athletic department. The biggest goal is to get the money making sports back to what they used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          no way he would want that. being ad is a hard job. you have hands in all those sports. you are responsible for everything. e v e r y t h i n g

he would be more inclined and much better off as a "greeter/fundraiser" like jack. be rewarded with salary and travel if/when you want to glad hand alums. jerry loves to play golf, let him go play at augusta with alums through members at clubs across the country.

being ad is nonstop work (if you are doing it right. and jerry does things right).
          True. Too late for him to take on the day-to-day grind, but we can assume he would have done it right.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            York to AD. Let him find and groom a replacement. I'd have more confidence in York leading a coaching search even in other sports than Brad Bates or whatever stooge they end up hiring.
            Ask the people at UNH how that is working out for them...

Comment

Who is their AD? I am not saying it's a slam dunk but coaches have transitioned to AD positions before and done ok.

Comment

Who is their AD? I am not saying it's a slam dunk but coaches have transitioned to AD positions before and done ok.
                The previous AD gave Umile a "lifetime" contract. Supposedly he is on a "three-year" plan to retire. He has already "hired" Mike Souza as the new HC. But everyone wants Dick to hang it up, but he's hanging on to get to 600 wins (I believe he has 17 more to go, which means another season - and maybe more the way they have been playing - but most want him out NOW). It's a touchy situation and very controversial over on the UNH thread.

Comment

York as BC's entire athletic director is an insane idea. Like Drew S level insane.
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Mookie i am throwing it out there as a stop gap measure, I know he wouldn't be on the job for long. 3-5 years maybe. It's probably far fetched but as I said I would have more confidence in him pushing the administration to try and be great and hire quality candidates than someone like a Brad Bates or whoever they end up hiring.
                    also we take it for granted that he is doing well health wise. have to remember jerry is OLD!!! and it's not like he has had some scares recently. and as much as he loves bc too, he loves his wife more. she could get and certainly earned some jerry time before it's too late.
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I wonder if BC loses tonight if York pulls a Parker and preemptively announces his retirement at the end of the season in hopes of sparking the team. Do the BC faithful really think he has another 3-5 years in him? Not saying he can't be successful, but at some point he is going to retire... right?
                      BS UMass Lowell 2015
                      PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                        York as BC's entire athletic director is an insane idea. Like Drew S level insane.
                        How about half athletic director? Could he be worse than Brad Bates? Do you think the people in charge will get this hire right?

Comment

How about half athletic director? Could he be worse than Brad Bates? Do you think the people in charge will get this hire right?
                          What hire? Are you saying this is already a done deal? Oh. sorry...you mean AD. I was thinking you were talking about Jerry.

Comment

Yes, AD. I am fairly confident York could help surpass the stunning incompetence displayed by football and both hoops programs in recent years.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                              The previous AD gave Umile a "lifetime" contract. Supposedly he is on a "three-year" plan to retire. He has already "hired" Mike Souza as the new HC. But everyone wants Dick to hang it up, but he's hanging on to get to 600 wins (I believe he has 17 more to go, which means another season - and maybe more the way they have been playing - but most want him out NOW). It's a touchy situation and very controversial over on the UNH thread.
                              OK. I don't see how that is similar to what I've been saying though. My proposal for York as AD is to bring some respectability to the position and hope it helps finding competent coaches for football and hoops.

Comment

This team throws 5 forwards out on the ice most shifts... it's just that 2 of them happen to play on the blue line. I always liked it better with 3 forwards and 2 D... REAL D (shut down D when needed). We don't have anything close to that. There are only so many Krugs and Hanifins in the world, and we don't have any of them. Kim and Savage are the best of the bunch and Savage is graduating. Our D got manhandled by the bigger, stronger, faster UML forwards last night. If these guys can't keep up, they have to stop thinking offense and start their defensive retreat sooner.
                                Power Play is a frickin' mess. Last night the first PP had Matty G on the point!!!???... UML almost got a shorty 2:00 into the game.
                                This team needs some studs on D and from what I just read here, there's no help coming any time soon. Bummer.
                                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Working...
                                X