Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

empty netter, Ryan The Elder (thank you BCI) , 7-5 with under a minute.

Comment

and another EN, this from Colin White. 8-5. Have to be happy with 2-2 to start the season. Not BC-like but this team is not BC-like either.

Comment

2-2. I'll take it

Comment

Lol at the two of them scoring empty netters for their first

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            Lol at the two of them scoring empty netters for their first
            right?. White's first point as well

Comment

Christopher was a better prospect than Patrick and Patrick turned into a good 4 year player. Happy to see him with 3 today. They're gonna need him.

Comment

Agree about gladly taking 2-2 at this point. Glad they won today, but wow did that get tense/ugly.
                The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                BC - 12
                BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Out with the fam for a birthday dinner so I missed the 3rd period.
                  I like where the scoring came from. . . Cotton, Brownie, JG and Julias Matilla (F). Fitz and White ENG's... do those count as breaking the ice? I say YES!

I like this team. Give me the workhorses with a sprinkle of stars (who haven't even made an impact yet, except Cango). These Eagles can skate with anyone. Bring it on.
                  'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

I feel a little better about this team after seeing them play. NCAA bid is possible this year. Woll looks very good.

Need to get Fitz and White going. Bottom line is the kids we have now need to be 3-4 year kids and not the 0-2 year mercs we've had lately. Down the road a few yrs this team is going to be brutal to play against if these kids stick around.
                    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

TV announcers couldn't stop gushing yesterday about how beautiful Wisconsin's goals were. Too bad 8 goals beats 5.
                      "No matter where you go, there you are"

Comment

I thought cotton's goal was beautiful!

Comment

They need time to work out the kinks and breakdowns that lead to opponents scoring on BC. But they have plenty of time to work these problems out.

Glad to see the offense coming along but the needless and stupid penalties need to be addressed.
                          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

To be fair..... stupid, needless penalties are being called on just about everyone all around the country. This weekend was some of the most horrific officiating I've ever seen. I'm ok calling the ticky tack stuff when it happens but the direction to officials from USA hockey/NCAA seems to have just put them out there to look for things that simply aren't there. It was BAD!
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

All of a sudden, this team is very young from last years squad but York will have plenty of time to address problems. I'm very positive on our new goalie and they will start to organize and develop the team defense around him. It's a work in progress.

Colin White, Ryan Fitz and Cangelosi hopefully will pick up the offense more and guide the underclassmen to help them along.
                              NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

A home game tomorrow...

Noticed they took away the concessions discount for season ticket holders (at least I didn't get a card like last year)

Comment

Working...
                                X