Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

Considering Jerry has lead BC to the tournament 13 out of the past 15 years, I think he knows what he is doing with the schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
      BC non-conf schedule included Air Force, Colorado College, Holy Cross, Arizona State, and Ferris State. It wasn't really an overly difficult schedule, at least by past BC/BU standards.

Every team tries to schedule the max 34 games. BC got an extra 2 from the Ice Breaker this year. I don't see a correlation with the PairWise.
      BC has the toughest strength of schedule of any hockey east school. This is from USCHO Rankings RPI. I'm not saying they don't usually do this, just saying it appears to have cost them this year. True, I shouldn't question how Jerry York makes his schedule. That is dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
        Considering Jerry has lead BC to the tournament 13 out of the past 15 years, I think he knows what he is doing with the schedule.
        right? not sure what the heck that guy was talking about.......he has always scheduled as many tough out of conference games as he could, that's always been his thing, part of his recipe. Didnt work out for him this year but i dont think you can say it hasnt worked out overall and the collapse of the team has nothing to do with that. After the ND comeback win, the fall has been epic by BC standards

Comment

Originally posted by LTI Alum View Post
          BC has the toughest strength of schedule of any hockey east school. This is from USCHO Rankings RPI. I'm not saying they don't usually do this, just saying it appears to have cost them this year. True, I shouldn't question how Jerry York makes his schedule. That is dumb.
          ok good, i replied before i saw this post.

Comment

BC's pairwise problems clearly stem from their out of conference schedule. They scheduled about the toughest non con schedule they could and they also scheduled 2 more games than they had to. Scheduling a tough non con schedule is admirable, but Jerry may want to rethink this strategy next year.
            norm was on pregame talking about liking to schedule tough teams... sometimes it happens... for the "two more than they had to"... also something we would do in a heartbeat
            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
            Skating Friar Jersey
            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

York has a singular scheduling philosophy. Will play anyone, anywhere. Likes taking team on the road and on big stages to prep for bigger games in March/April. These games are scheduled well in advance (in most cases). So he didn't intentionally schedule a bad CC team. That series came about when CC was still good under Scott Owens.

Comment

If the Eagles could set up Eagles in their offensive zone like the Eagles set up the opposing team in the defensive zone... BINGO... they'd be pretty good. This team passes the puck like they think the other team is playing without sticks.

I'm going to be away in 2 weeks so me thinks I'll be seeing the Eagles for the last time this season tonight at Lowell. I don't see them making it to the Garden. Defense wins games this time of year, and we got nothin. This program could probably use some big changes coming up soon, and not just on the ice.
                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Really? I just checked and I'm seeing them as 10th, not 1st?

20 Boston College .5326 .5326 .0036 .5362 18-13-4 .5710 24 .5198 10

(My system wouldn't let me post the column headings, sorry; last column is SOS rank)
                  Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                  Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                  "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                  KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

• Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                    Really? I just checked and I'm seeing them as 10th, not 1st?

20 Boston College .5326 .5326 .0036 .5362 18-13-4 .5710 24 .5198 10

(My system wouldn't let me post the column headings, sorry; last column is SOS rank)
                    That's 10th in the country right? BC has the highest sos among hockey east
                    BS UMass Lowell 2015
                    PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                      If the Eagles could set up Eagles in their offensive zone like the Eagles set up the opposing team in the defensive zone... BINGO... they'd be pretty good. This team passes the puck like they think the other team is playing without sticks.

I'm going to be away in 2 weeks so me thinks I'll be seeing the Eagles for the last time this season tonight at Lowell. I don't see them making it to the Garden. Defense wins games this time of year, and we got nothin. This program could probably use some big changes coming up soon, and not just on the ice.
                      Agree 100%. Been saying this for a few years now.... something is not right. At all.

Start with the first thing right now, is this team getting the most out of its players? Absolutely not. Who is responsible for that? Coaches? Maybe? Kind of? Definitely?

I am not sure what these guys do all week, do they practice at all?
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Well, they're done. Cooked. This team just doesn't have it. Looks like the only way they can make the NCAAs is to win the Hockey East tournament, and I see zero indication that this team is capable of that.

In past years that BC has missed the tournament (2002, 2009), the turnaround has been very quick. Does anyone want to bet on that this time? As of now, it appears that they have NO incoming freshman defensemen next year. And two of the returnees are McInnis and Moore. Grim.

I think we've now reached the point where we have to start asking what the future of this program is. It's now been five years since the last national title or even the last time they were in the championship game. Talent level is down. No senior class next year. They're consistently losing head to head recruiting battles with BU. It's a problem.
                        The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                        BC - 12
                        BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                          Agree 100%. Been saying this for a few years now.... something is not right. At all.

Start with the first thing right now, is this team getting the most out of its players? Absolutely not. Who is responsible for that? Coaches? Maybe? Kind of? Definitely?

I am not sure what these guys do all week, do they practice at all?
                          It's not a little ironic to see this posted a couple days after you and others jumped all over me for saying York was overrated.
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                            It's not a little ironic to see this posted a couple days after you and others jumped all over me for saying York was overrated.
                            maybe word choice? not sure how 5 titles and the most wins ever is 'overrated'. maybe just in the words of chuck noll, it's "time for him to get on with his life's work" now.
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              maybe word choice? not sure how 5 titles and the most wins ever is 'overrated'. maybe just in the words of chuck noll, it's "time for him to get on with his life's work" now.
                              Yeah, maybe. York is the most accomplished coach ever, no two ways about that. I just don't think he is a great coach. He has done a good job managing the program or whatever you want to call it(hiring Cavanaugh was probably the best decision he ever made in his life) but I view that differently to actually coaching the team.
                              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                                No, saying York is overrated is still idiotic. He's just gone past his shelf life I think.
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X