Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tater View Post
    While coaches like Bruce Crowder, Tim Whitehead, Dick Umile, and Enrico Blasi have won it in those years.
    Is the award voted on by coaches or the media? Any theories as to why he hasn't won? I think York is overrated but he clearly is a better coach than Crowder or Timmy.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

Saying it a 2nd time doesn't make it less dumb

Comment

I almost want to hear why he thinks this (prob just trolling, no one can be this stupid) but I'm not sure I can handle any more stupidity from him.
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
          While coaches like Bruce Crowder, Tim Whitehead, Dick Umile, and Enrico Blasi have won it in those years.
          Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
          Is the award voted on by coaches or the media? Any theories as to why he hasn't won? I think York is overrated but he clearly is a better coach than Crowder or Timmy.
          Scratching my head here Drew!?!? You're inferring that Umile and Blasi are better coaches than York. Has Blasi ever beaten a York coached team? I don't think so, but if he has, certainly not when it mattered. And forget about head to head... how many times has a York team coughed up a 3 goal lead in a 2:00 span in the National Championship game? It takes a special kind of coach to accomplish that.

Now... why the phk am I talking to a wall?
          Last edited by FiveHole12; 02-22-2017, 06:33 PM.
          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
            Scratching my head here!?!? You're inferring that Umile and Blasi are better coaches than York. Has Blasi ever beaten a York coached team? I don't think so, but if he has, certainly not when it mattered. And forget about head to head... how many times has a York team coughed up a 3 goal lead in a 2:00 span in the National Championship game? It takes a special kind of coach to accomplish that.

Now... why the phk am I talking to a wall?
            I was agreeing with the point that it is ludicrous that York has never been chosen by listing some second/third tier (IMO) coaches who have won it.

EDIT: Maybe you were just asking Drew S. and quoted me for context?
            Last edited by Tater; 02-22-2017, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
              EDIT: Maybe you were just asking Drew S. and quoted me for context?
              Yes.
              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Here are the Lowell Winterfest detour directions for Friday's game at the Tsongas. Please plan accordingly if you're coming up for the game.
                Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                  Here are the Lowell Winterfest detour directions for Friday's game at the Tsongas. Please plan accordingly if you're coming up for the game.
                  Not going to feel like a Winterfest given this weather!
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                    Not going to feel like a Winterfest given this weather!
                    Sure beats the year they postponed Winterfest because too much winter happened.

Comment

Originally posted by tape View Post
                      Sure beats the year they postponed Winterfest because too much winter happened.
                      Yeah, too much snow can have the opposite effect on an event like this. This year people should just wear their Hawaiian shirts and leis!
                      Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                      Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                      Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

I think BC should hang a Finnish flag in the rafters next year. And also add "Overrated" to York's retired jersey.

Comment

call me not surprised

Comment

BC's pairwise problems clearly stem from their out of conference schedule. They scheduled about the toughest non con schedule they could and they also scheduled 2 more games than they had to. Scheduling a tough non con schedule is admirable, but Jerry may want to rethink this strategy next year.

Comment

Originally posted by LTI Alum View Post
                              BC's pairwise problems clearly stem from their out of conference schedule. They scheduled about the toughest non con schedule they could and they also scheduled 2 more games than they had to. Scheduling a tough non con schedule is admirable, but Jerry may want to rethink this strategy next year.
                              I wouldn't say that. If York knew he was going to have as many defections as he did one has to believe he would have handled the situation differently.
                              BS UMass Lowell 2015
                              PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by LTI Alum View Post
                                BC non-conf schedule included Air Force, Colorado College, Holy Cross, Arizona State, and Ferris State. It wasn't really an overly difficult schedule, at least by past BC/BU standards.

Every team tries to schedule the max 34 games. BC got an extra 2 from the Ice Breaker this year. I don't see a correlation with the PairWise.
                                Last edited by Tater; 02-23-2017, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X