Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

Originally posted by UML03 View Post
    What if UML pulls off the sweep of BC this weekend and finishes 1st in Hockey East? I would have to think Bazin would have a solid chance at HE COY at that point.
    I think were that to happen it would be a push between Bazin and York. And in that case I think York takes it home
    BS UMass Lowell 2015
    PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Is the voting done after the FF?
      Yes, as all the FF participant coaches are automatically finalists. Finalists are the conferences' COY's plus any FF participants who weren't their conference COY
      BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment

Originally posted by UML03 View Post
        What if UML pulls off the sweep of BC this weekend and finishes 1st in Hockey East? I would have to think Bazin would have a solid chance at HE COY at that point.
        Sweeping BC this week doesn't mean UML finishes first, though. There are two teams ahead of UML who would benefit greatly from a BC sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
          Yes, as all the FF participant coaches are automatically finalists. Finalists are the conferences' COY's plus any FF participants who weren't their conference COY
          Penrose is selected after regionals but before the FF games are played. Awarded the Wednesday before the semifinals I believe.
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Sweeping BC this week doesn't mean UML finishes first, though. There are two teams ahead of UML who would benefit greatly from a BC sweep.
            I think that's why he used the "and"

I don't think Jackson has a shot simply because Notre Dame is leaving. And I think Quinn's best shot is to sweep Notre Dame this weekend and wins the conference by 2 points (Lowell sweeps BC). If they tie and win the tiebreak (this would be with BC), I would bet York wins it. In a threeway tie, I feel like York wins it again.
            BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment

1. Boston University (10) 130
              2. Northeastern (1) 108
              Notre Dame 108
              4. UMass Lowell (1) 105
              5. Providence 98
              6. Boston College 91
              7. UConn 63
              8. Vermont 57
              9. Merrimack 53
              10. New Hampshire 49
              11. Massachusetts 32
              12. Maine 30 (Hi Drew!!)

FYI this was the preseason HE coaches poll.
              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                Penrose is selected after regionals but before the FF games are played. Awarded the Wednesday before the semifinals I believe.
                Right, my bad. Read his post as Regionals I guess.
                BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                  Right, my bad. Read his post as Regionals I guess.
                  Close enough, not going to split hairs especially while Drew is here.

Comment

So yea, just a quick status on where the coaches stand compared to the preseason poll:
                    York +5
                    Sneddon +2
                    Dennehy +2
                    Umile +1
                    Gendron +1
                    Bazin EVEN
                    Leaman EVEN
                    Jackson -1 (edited from EVEN as he shared 2nd place in the preseason)
                    Quinn -1
                    The irrelvant guy at UMass -1
                    Cavanaugh -3
                    Forrest Gump -6 (LOL)

Comment

Sneddon +2
                      I was about to quote your previous post but this one is easier. Vermont has had a pretty decent year and could do some damage. I think he has a legit outside shot.

Comment

12. Maine 30 (Hi Drew!!)

FYI this was the preseason HE coaches poll.
                        Maybe Red deserves a look? Maine has wayy exceeded expectations finishing 11th, and he did get the "old girl" rocking again this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          I was about to quote your previous post but this one is easier. Vermont has had a pretty decent year and could do some damage. I think he has a legit outside shot.
                          Agreed. Solid team w decent results. That Bowen kid from Littleton.... JEEZUZ.

Comment

Worth pointing out Cavanaugh at -3. Feel bad for the dude. No-win situation there at Yukon.

Comment

On-topic side thought:
                              It's still an absolute brain-melter that York has not won a Penrose at BC.
                              While coaches like Bruce Crowder, Tim Whitehead, Dick Umile, and Enrico Blasi have won it in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                                While coaches like Bruce Crowder, Tim Whitehead, Dick Umile, and Enrico Blasi have won it in those years.
                                You just blew my mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X