Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
    Why do you think this? He has lost a lot of talent and also had the #1 recruiting class in the country. If BU wins the league, then I imagine Quinn would be as good a choice as any (seeing that the league is not dominant this year). Of course, this is all speculation seeing that any of four teams could win the league. For all we know, Bazin could be COTY.
    I'd say it's due to the fact people expected BU to win the conference walking away, and they didn't do that. COY in any sport ends up relative to expectations.
    BS UMass Lowell 2015
    PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
      COY in any sport ends up relative to expectations.
      I think you are on the right track.
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
        Why do you think this? He has lost a lot of talent and also had the #1 recruiting class in the country.
        Are you talking about BC here?
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
          Stub Hub? Why didn't you get them through BC ticket office?
          They didn't have any. Not sure BC ever even got an allotment.
          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
            They didn't have any. Not sure BC ever even got an allotment.
            Usually the home team sends the away team an allotment (Lowell appears to usually reserve seats in Sections 115 and 116 for each game for visiting fans based upon what I observe) so not sure what is still done.

From what I can see for Friday, in addition to the very few scattered and isolated seats that were available on Lowell's website the other day, it appears a few rows in Sections 110 and 111 may have been released from groups or pre-game event allotments that didn't use all the seats. Nevertheless, Friday will be packed to the gills at Tsongas.
            Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
            Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
            Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
              Are you talking about BC here?
              No...I asked YOU why you thought they would "break the rules and give it to Quinn." Then UMLPuckHawk said because the expectations were that BU would walk away with the league.

So this makes no sense. I asked why you thought they WOULD give it to Quinn. Then UMLPuckHawk says that BU "didn't do that." So if they didn't, why is he answering why they WILL give it to him?????????????

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                No...I asked YOU why you thought they would "break the rules and give it to Quinn." Then UMLPuckHawk said because the expectations were that BU would walk away with the league.

So this makes no sense.
                Made sense to me.
                Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                Primarily because this is a HE record-only award

Comment

So what I've seen across all sports COY seems to go to the coach who exceeds expectations. If no coach fulfils that it sends to default to the coach who wins, unless it's Belichick, Popovich, or I'd think York.

But this year I think if we return to the preseason thread we'll see York and BC weren't getting much hype. If they win the conference I'd guessential he'd get it. That's just my opinion
                  BS UMass Lowell 2015
                  PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

BC can only finish as low as 3rd. I really don't see how Quinn would win this even if BU eeks out the RS title. I would think it's either York or any other coach whose team wins the RS title other than BU.

Based on expectations, the only way Quinn should win is if BU ran away with the title and that didn't happen.

Comment

So York, Bazin, Jackson. One of those three.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        So York, Bazin, Jackson. One of those three.
                        I think you could make a case for Leaman too since his team has dug themselves out of a huge first half hole. They may end up exceeding expectations too. They were picked 5/6 in the coaches/media pre-season polls.

Comment

• Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                          I think you could make a case for Leaman too since his team has dug themselves out of a huge first half hole. They may end up exceeding expectations too. They were picked 5/6 in the coaches/media pre-season polls.
                          I would agree with that. I think showing improvement counts for something and Jerry has gone the other way with his team.

Edit: This has to be the worst year hockey east has ever had. You could make a decent argument for no coach winning the award.
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Could end up with just three in the NCAA tourney. Not sure when that last happened.

Comment

Providence can only finish as high as 3rd. I don't see that as much of a push for Leaman to win it.

Comment

and if BC somehow hangs on to win the title, there is no argument against York. only case is if they stumble to third maybe.

Comment

Working...
                                X