Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
    I don't know if it's just me imagining things, but can you remember the last time BC gave up goals almost immediately after scoring this often? Or taken this many too many men on the ice penalties?
    yeah on giving up goals after scoring, actually. A couple years ago or even last year we talked about it here or on EA but yes, happening again, one of the many ailments for this team to correct.

Comment

I feel like that's always been a lingering issue even in the better times. I can think of a handful of games, most notably that 7-6 win over Maine in HE title game.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
        oh Jesus, sorry about that , it's so unusual for anyone from Boston to move away from the party line.
        Sat there in stunned silence watching that ending with me da over at their house. The thing that always knocked me sideways was Stabler's comment a few years later.

The Globe’s Will McDonough caught up with Stabler in 2002 and The Snake admitted the call was lousy.

"That should have never been a penalty," Stabler told McDonough. "I got hit a lot worse than that in my career and it was never called. Hamilton just went for the ball and landed on me. That's all that happened."
        A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Just an advance heads-up for anyone heading to Tsongas Friday night. If you haven't gotten tickets yet, only single, scattered and isolated, seats are left in a handful of sections. They are already selling standing room only tickets online at this point.

It is also Lowell's Winterfest weekend so the main road leading to the Tsongas, Arcand Drive, will be closed and detours will be in effect. More information on the detours will be posted most likely later in the week but please allow extra time to get in. The ridiculous 8:30 start do to the dumb ASN tv deal should help though.

Note also that Beer Works, the closest watering hole to the Tsongas, will start to get busy at the normal 4:30-5:15 time even though the game doesn't start until 8:30. They do not take reservations for tables on game nights so plan accordingly.
          Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
          Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
          Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Game is is being tv'd on NESN.
            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
              Sat there in stunned silence watching that ending with me da over at their house. The thing that always knocked me sideways was Stabler's comment a few years later.

The Globe’s Will McDonough caught up with Stabler in 2002 and The Snake admitted the call was lousy.

"That should have never been a penalty," Stabler told McDonough. "I got hit a lot worse than that in my career and it was never called. Hamilton just went for the ball and landed on me. That's all that happened."
              yeah, i read that too but that's Snake for you. My favorite Raider of them all. I bet he and Will had had a few before he said that though so his memory may have been a bit clouded at the time

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                Just an advance heads-up for anyone heading to Tsongas Friday night. If you haven't gotten tickets yet, only single, scattered and isolated, seats are left in a handful of sections. They are already selling standing room only tickets online at this point.

It is also Lowell's Winterfest weekend so the main road leading to the Tsongas, Arcand Drive, will be closed and detours will be in effect. More information on the detours will be posted most likely later in the week but please allow extra time to get in. The ridiculous 8:30 start do to the dumb ASN tv deal should help though.

Note also that Beer Works, the closest watering hole to the Tsongas, will start to get busy at the normal 4:30-5:15 time even though the game doesn't start until 8:30. They do not take reservations for tables on game nights so plan accordingly.
                I miss Tsongas

Comment

C'mon out ya big bully. I just got 4 tix on StubHub. The boys need our support!
                  Yes... I'm talking to you sterlippo.

P.S. you just miss it cuz they serve beer.
                  'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

So your AD is leaving?

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post

you know me too well ! Tsongas is an awesome place to watch college hockey but the beer certainly enhances the experience

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post

Stub Hub? Why didn't you get them through BC ticket office?
                        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          There have been rumors but not surprised by this
                          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Going to be interesting to see how BC handles this. The Decision Makers may have to come out of their comfort zone to nail this hire.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              Lost in my disappointment of their recent play, given that BU has not dominated the league like many expected and that the usual suspects are near the top of the league...York should absolutely win COTY this time around.
                              I have a hard time agreeing with this. But I also have a hard time disagreeing with this. Primarily because this is a HE record-only award (let's be honest, they will break the rules and give it to Quinn) and he did lose a ton of talent this offseason. But it sure would feel hollow without an NCAA bid.
                              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                                I have a hard time agreeing with this. But I also have a hard time disagreeing with this. Primarily because this is a HE record-only award (let's be honest, they will break the rules and give it to Quinn) and he did lose a ton of talent this offseason. But it sure would feel hollow without an NCAA bid.
                                Why do you think this? He has lost a lot of talent and also had the #1 recruiting class in the country. If BU wins the league, then I imagine Quinn would be as good a choice as any (seeing that the league is not dominant this year). Of course, this is all speculation seeing that any of four teams could win the league. For all we know, Bazin could be COTY.

Comment

Working...
                                X