Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

Originally posted by chickod View Post
    If Ben Dreith hadn't called roughing the passer on Ray "Sugar Bear" Hamilton in 1976 the Patriots would have won the Super Bowl...
    that was more than evened up with the "only time in the history of football that it wasn't a fumble", tuck rule call...................and, that WAS a roughing the passer penalty on Sugar Bear with his forearm smash to Snake's head. The call that cost New England the game was when Russ Francis was clearly interfered with by Phil Villapiano. God i am so sick and tired of people not getting the story straight in that game.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
      that was more than evened up with the "only time in the history of football that it wasn't a fumble", tuck rule call...................and, that WAS a roughing the passer penalty on Sugar Bear with his forearm smash to Snake's head. The call that cost New England the game was when Russ Francis was clearly interfered with by Phil Villapiano. God i am so sick and tired of people not getting the story straight in that game.
      Preach on Rev.
      A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
        Preach on Rev.
        and you keep drinking the kool aid

Comment

• Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
          If a tree falls in the woods and no one is there to hear it is BUTogether Shane Switzer's mom or girlfriend
          No but you probably live with your mom and you clearly have a crush on him....don't be such a hater snowflake...

Comment

Originally Posted by sterlippo1
            Originally Posted by SonofSouthie
            Preach on Rev.
            Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
            and you keep drinking the kool aid
            I was agreeing with you.
            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              And several power plays. And BU never scored the rest of the game.
              Didn't need too

They keep it close to try and kill you
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Lost in my disappointment of their recent play, given that BU has not dominated the league like many expected and that the usual suspects are near the top of the league...York should absolutely win COTY this time around.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  Lost in my disappointment of their recent play, given that BU has not dominated the league like many expected and that the usual suspects are near the top of the league...York should absolutely win COTY this time around.
                  Agreed, but it'll be hard for him to win it off you guys can't even hold down an at large bid
                  BS UMass Lowell 2015
                  PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Well I just meant for the league. Nationally you're right, prob someone else.

Comment

Locked up bye last night and now locked up a top 3 finish since BU and Notre Dame play each other. 1 point against lowell would clinch 2nd place, 2 points clinches a share of the title and 3 points would clinch it outright. But 3 points might not be necessary depending on how that BU-ND series goes.

Meanwhile, just keep tumbling down the PWR even while closing in on a potential HE title.

Comment

I don't know if it's just me imagining things, but can you remember the last time BC gave up goals almost immediately after scoring this often? Or taken this many too many men on the ice penalties?
                        The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                        BC - 12
                        BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          Meanwhile, just keep tumbling down the PWR even while closing in on a potential HE title.
                          Which is why I keep telling people, I do not care about the regular season title. Top 4 finish I care about. Title, no. If BC limps to the regular season title by say one point, gets knocked out in the HE quarterfinals and doesn't make the NCAAs, is anyone around here going to give a rat's behind that they won the regular season title? I surely won't.
                          The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                          BC - 12
                          BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

I will care in the sense that it is still a great achievement given what they lost and the expectations. But as a fan, yes, hollow feeling if they win it but miss the NCAA tourney.

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                              Which is why I keep telling people, I do not care about the regular season title. Top 4 finish I care about. Title, no. If BC limps to the regular season title by say one point, gets knocked out in the HE quarterfinals and doesn't make the NCAAs, is anyone around here going to give a rat's behind that they won the regular season title? I surely won't.
                              Up in Durham we would
                              UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                                I was agreeing with you.
                                oh Jesus, sorry about that , it's so unusual for anyone from Boston to move away from the party line.

Comment

Working...
                                X