Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

What is Dennehy questioning? Not even close.

Comment

Awful, just awful. A home game against a team they should beat, when every precious point counts and that's the effort they come out with? Ugh.
      The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
      BC - 12
      BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

First win for Merrimack at Conte in 30 tries. Bound to happen eventually but that is a killer loss in pwr.

Comment

Didn't see that abortion on Friday, thank goodness. Sounds like the defense was horrific again, in particular McInnis. Need to get him on the bench and put in Campoli ASAP. Shouldn't be rocket science. At least they didn't load up on penalties I guess? But then you see a too many men penalty and wonder where everyone's head is. I don't know, hard to find positives here. Usually making the NCAAs is a badge of honor and at least you put up another year on the NCAA banner but for this program I don't see any point in going one-and-done and would rather see a more deserving team take that spot in the tourney.

We've left them for dead before but that was when they had far more talent. And obviously that first period last Monday was pretty much one of the worst 20-minutes I've ever seen any BC team play. In the Beanpot. Against BU. It says a lot.
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
            Didn't see that abortion on Friday, thank goodness. Sounds like the defense was horrific again, in particular McInnis. Need to get him on the bench and put in Campoli ASAP. Shouldn't be rocket science. At least they didn't load up on penalties I guess? But then you see a too many men penalty and wonder where everyone's head is. I don't know, hard to find positives here. Usually making the NCAAs is a badge of honor and at least you put up another year on the NCAA banner but for this program I don't see any point in going one-and-done and would rather see a more deserving team take that spot in the tourney.

We've left them for dead before but that was when they had far more talent. And obviously that first period last Monday was pretty much one of the worst 20-minutes I've ever seen any BC team play. In the Beanpot. Against BU. It says a lot.
            Yeah, McInnis is awful and has been that way for a while. What do you do when the old man is an assistant coach? Brown and McInnis (the father) played together at BC years ago. Lots of history there and some loyalty too it seems. But what about loyalty or doing what is right for the the rest of the team. Defense has been awful. Need to change things up some.

Comment

McInnis still in the lineup tonight. *shrug*
              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Marty is only a volunteer assistant right? Wouldn't be a big deal to sit Luke. If they need to find another volunteer, plenty of candidates.

Lost to NU. granted they are in first place but the season is now just about over.

Comment

Didn't see the game, guess BC had potential game winning goal called back. I'm sure it was a tremendous call...

Comment

The McInnis thing is a head scratcher. It's understandable to see an 18 year old struggle making the jump from Prep to College without the year or two so many spend in the USHL.
                    What's harder to understand is why York doesn't give Campoli more of a shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by PPGuru View Post
                      The McInnis thing is a head scratcher. It's understandable to see an 18 year old struggle making the jump from Prep to College without the year or two so many spend in the USHL.
                      Pretty sure he was in USHL with Youngstown last year

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                        Correct. Hope you are doing well HD.

Comment

Originally posted by PPGuru View Post
                          Hate to say it but starting with that 2012-2013 season, there have been personnel moves that were or were not made that have been kind of scary (think Linell in on defense and dumping Colin Sullivan). I will be honest until last week I didn't think McInnis was much of an issue but it's become one now and the fact that we're not seeing alternatives being tried out on game night is something as fans we can only assume is a mistake. Maybe someone is in the doghouse?

Everything went downhill since Tampa. The chickens came home to roost after that with almost no recruiting plus Sit/Straight/Linell having to be passed through. Coaching turnover plus Pirate Jerry. The roster got built back up with too many NHLers and now here we are. I think/hope this is the foundation for a good few years and they finally did have a down year (first place but historically bad performances) but who knows what these kids will decide to do. Haven't following recruiting as closely, the defense is still a concern perhaps going forward at this point. Next year we will not even have a senior night. Hilarious.
                          Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 02-14-2017, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            Didn't see the game, guess BC had potential game winning goal called back. I'm sure it was a tremendous call...
                            It came down to how much White was pushed into Ruck and how much he "let it happen". Because White was literally lying on top of Ruck when Cotton tucked the puck into the other side of the net. It was definitely interference, but how much White could have done to avoid Ruck is the judgment call that the refs had to make.

One of the more entertaining consolation games I have seen in a while.
                            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                              My bad. Thanks for correcting me. 58 games played last year just makes the struggle this year more of a puzzle. Miss hearing from you Hoky!

Comment

Jeff cox reports on twitter that the league let BC know the go ahead goal should have counted.

Comment

Working...
                                X