Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

Woof - any of you guys fly out here for that one...
    Live Free or Die!!
    Miami University '03

Comment

Great game tonight, Eagles. It's our first ever win over you guys and the first time we've met since you beat us 1-0 in the NCAA tourney. Good luck tomorrow night!

Comment

Originally posted by 81Stalagian View Post
        Great game tonight, Eagles. It's our first ever win over you guys and the first time we've met since you beat us 1-0 in the NCAA tourney. Good luck tomorrow night!
        A good win for Air Force and congrats on winning the Ice Breaker.
        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

That's a big win for the Eagles at Denver! Woot!
          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

No calnan and casey fitz, didn't expect that. Have a night, Woll!

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              No calnan and casey fitz, didn't expect that. Have a night, Woll!
              calnan just can't stay on the ice, too bad. Didnt expect that last night but we'll take it.

Comment

Amazing, BC got badly outshot in the 3rd period and pulled out a win. Let's see if they can get points against Wisconsin next weekend. Cangelosi stepped up this weekend.
                NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Talk about a mixed bag. I don't know whether we should be more disappointed with the loss to Air Force or thrilled with the win over Denver.
                  The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                  BC - 12
                  BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

It is what it is. Doesn't sound like they played poorly against AF. They have a good program and have beaten big programs before. Air Force was up 3-1 on Ohio State (who was picked 2nd in big ten preseason) and eventually beat them in a shootout.

Overall, most encouraging thing was the goaltending. I was worried they'd be fishing the puck out of the net a lot early on.

They didn't get much of anything from white/fitzgerald and still got a vital win against Denver. Held them off without best dman.

I think most people expected Denver to win the Ice Breaker and they finished last. Starting 0-2 in the face, i'll take the split.

Comment

Air Force is a good program, well coached and has a stud in net. I wasn't predicting a loss, but I'm not surprised at all at the outcome. Nothing to hang their heads about. Now the Denver game. . . I wasn't expecting a win there at all. That's a very good win for the Eagles. Hold your heads high! A nice weekend out west.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                        Air Force is a good program, well coached and has a stud in net. I wasn't predicting a loss, but I'm not surprised at all at the outcome. Nothing to hang their heads about. Now the Denver game. . . I wasn't expecting a win there at all. That's a very good win for the Eagles. Hold your heads high! A nice weekend out west.
                        Starrett is legit
                        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Marc Mclaughlin ‏@mmclaughlin_26 3m3 minutes ago
                          Proud and humbled to announce my commitment to Boston College. Thank you to everyone for the help along the way! #WeAreBC
                          Mark Bilotta ‏@mbilotta 44s45 seconds ago
                          LRT: 99 sharpshooter F Marc McLaughlin commits to BC; previously committed to St. Lawrence. Last year put up 43 points for @CushingVB_Hcky
                          Jeff Cox ‏@JeffCoxSports 1m1 minute ago
                          New BC commit Marc McLaughlin ('99 Cedar Rapids center) is a hard nosed player with a heavy shot and quick release. Plays heavy on pucks.
                          Nice pickup of a local guy for BC
                          QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                          2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                          2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                          2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                          https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
                          https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                          https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

According to the folks over at BC Interruption, the BC/Wisconsin games will be on TV.
                            Friday at 8:00 on NESN
                            Sunday at 4:00 on ESPNU

That's good news. Looking forward to seeing them in action.
                            BTW, season tix arrived yesterday (maybe sooner, hadn't been to the PO in over a week).

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                              (maybe sooner, hadn't been to the PO in over a week).
                              mookie is just glad you remembered where it is!!!!
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                mookie is just glad you remembered where it is!!!!
                                Why do ya think I hadn't been there in over a week?

Comment

Working...
                                X