Anyone going to Fenway Sat?
    A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
      No, nay, never!
      Originally posted by mookie1995
      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
      Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
      Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Been there twice. Never again.
        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

there will never be anything remotely close to the first one. It was epic (an over used word but appropriate here) even with the loss to BU. That game catapulted the Eagles to the NC. 11 degrees with swirling snow , truly a never again type of setting. Place packed with BC and BU fans, what could ever beat that?

Comment

I am still cold from thinking about that game. My god was that brutal in the stands! Was definitely pumped for it though. But, you couldn't pay me to go to another one. Eventually you run out of suckers for these events.

Comment

I get cold at Conte. 5:00 start, snowing, temp in the low 20's and the wind chill in the low teens. Good luck to the hale and hearty.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                there will never be anything remotely close to the first one. It was epic (an over used word but appropriate here) even with the loss to BU. That game catapulted the Eagles to the NC. 11 degrees with swirling snow , truly a never again type of setting. Place packed with BC and BU fans, what could ever beat that?
                My dad still talks about how great it was being in Fenway in the snow. And we were in the front row down on the 3rd base line and couldn't see a gd thing.

At this point, these games are rtarded.
                Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 01-09-2017, 10:08 AM. Reason: changed "show" to "snow"
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

That game is 2010 was kind of magical. It was the first one, coupled with the NHL's Winter Classic. At one of the most historic venues. The two previous national champions and big rivals playing against each other. And it was right after the WJCs. Did they ever acknowledge the kids on both teams that won gold? I can't remember. So very cold and the snow just made it something special. I had so many layers on.

I decided last night after BU won and then Team USA won that I was going to go, plus my friend had an extra ticket. I figured, it's the 1:30 game, no precipitation, just cold. How bad could it be? Now? It's supposed to snow. Big sigh. This will not be like the magical snow in 2010. I hate winter.

Comment

I have no problem with the cold. I've gone fishing in similar conditions and have the gear for it. I was comfortable outside in 2010, although, my buddy was wearing sneakers. I just looked at him and asked, "W_T_F is the matter with you?" Seriously.... some folks need to have their head examined before participating in various adventures.
                    It's the sight lines. I want to see the game. Can't see the game very well in an arena not designed for hockey. That is all.

FWIW... first time I was lower level, 3rd base line. Second time, roof seat, 3rd base line. The roof was better but too far away.
                    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                      It's the sight lines. I want to see the game. Can't see the game very well in an arena not designed for hockey. That is all.
                      That's why I passed when Lowell played at Fenway.

Comment

Saturday's Frozen Four games at Fenway have been moved to Sunday due to snow forecast.
                        Link

Comment

Colder, windy, Frozener if you will. Hats off to the hardy souls that sit out there tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                            I have no problem with the cold. I've gone fishing in similar conditions and have the gear for it. I was comfortable outside in 2010, although, my buddy was wearing sneakers. I just looked at him and asked, "W_T_F is the matter with you?" Seriously.... some folks need to have their head examined before participating in various adventures.

FWIW... first time I was lower level, 3rd base line. Second time, roof seat, 3rd base line. The roof was better but too far away.
                            I was in the State Street Pavilion, that's the third base side , first row. Prolly the best seats you could get but still not easy to see as you know from your second time. We're in it again tonight, err, tomorrow,so might as well win it. We certainly need to right the ship. Every game is big for this team now and we cant afford many slip ups going forward. Back to Boston Monday for me but wont be around long enough for the huge BU weekend but i do have my Beanpot tickets. Not sure if there is anything during the year i enjoy more than the first night of the Beanpot, especially when it's Terriers in the second game.

Comment

Did BC actually have more PPs than their hockey east opponent???

That is a big win

Comment

Can I ask a stupid question? I mean, it's rhetorical, but how dumb do you have to be to put BC/BU on a Monday night (holiday but still) at 7 pm? 4 pm fine. 1 pm fine. 7 pm on a Monday night with school the next day?

Harambe could gotten drunk on Schlitz and made a better schedule than this (before he got shot of course).
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X