Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

Amazing that BC outshot NU considering 7 PPs for NU and 2 for BC

Win it on a late SHG

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

Win it on a late SHG
        Just saw the box score, what a bizarre ending. I'm surprised a dman would be that far up the ice.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

I was listening, guess he collected puck after he made a nice check at blue line. Goalie choked on shot really.

Comment

I was listening, guess he collected puck after he made a nice check at blue line. Goalie choked on shot really.
            that's why you get pucks on net.. your gain, our well.. you already know. G'luck vs UND.
            GO NU HOCKEY
            Always bullish on the future.
            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
              Need to scratch and claw for wins for a while.
              this was one of those. Nice job Eagles

Comment

Heck of a shot by Kim over Ruck's shoulder. He's given up plenty of softies this year, that wasn't one of them. A brutal turnover by Cockerill and a nice shot by Kim.
                2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

How does JD Dudek score a hat rick against UConn last week, and not be included in the Hockey East Weekly Top Performers?
                  Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    BC did outshoot NU badly in the first period. NU outshot BC 20-15 in the last two periods. Many of BC's shots came from the perimeter. NU had at least as many Grade "A" chances, and several missed connections at the goalmouth.

I'll just allow myself to think of this as payback for the game 6 or 7 years ago when BC nursed a 1-0 lead into the last minute. Guzior beat Muse on a similar shot to tie the game. Then we won it in OT.

Our games with BC are definitely worth the price of admission. Let's do it again next week and then meet in the BP final.

Comment

Did anyone see the disallowed goal ?

I sat behind and to the left of the NU net and it looked like it went in (back of net and bounced out), then BC scored again on the scramble in front but was waved off after the review.
                      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
                        Guzior beat Muse on a similar shot to tie the game. Then we won it in OT.
                        That was on a Friday night the final weekend of the 08-09 season. Frustrating from the BC perspective. I forget who scored the winner for NU but it was off a goalmouth scramble. Huskies made the NCAAs that year, as I recall.

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post

I sat behind and to the left of the NU net and it looked like it went in (back of net and bounced out), then BC scored again on the scramble in front but was waved off after the review.
                          It was kicked in (pretty epicly, this video doesn't do justice to how blatant it was. I laughed out loud when I watched the full replay live).

Here are the usual goodies from the game, all the clips and highlights and whatnot:

http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston...astern-huskies
                          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Saw it via stream replay. BC player was in the crease and clearly kicked the puck in as it got loose by Ruck's pad.
                            "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

It looked like it hit the post and then the BC player kicked it in during the scramble in front.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                                It was kicked in (pretty epicly, this video doesn't do justice to how blatant it was. I laughed out loud when I watched the full replay live).

Here are the usual goodies from the game, all the clips and highlights and whatnot:

http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston...astern-huskies
                                Thanks Grant ) I wish I could also see the previous play too when it hit the post before the kicked in goal by Dudek. From where I was sitting, it looked like the initial shot went in but I guess it hit the post and went straight back out before it was kicked in.

BC / North Dakota should be another good game Saturday though we're missing Ryan Fitzgerald. Hopefully he'll be back in January.
                                Last edited by BCeagle; 11-30-2016, 02:10 AM.
                                NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Working...
                                X