Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3839404142434445464748

Thread: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TimP View Post
    Admission to BU is still on the table. The main reason why anyone goes there is because they can't get into Boston College.

Also, when did Coach York start taking the Euro-mercenaries? He had always done it the right way: true freshman from local high schools and prep schools. It worked out pretty well, I'd say. Time to go back to what won us national championships.
    local doesn't work anymore- Players from everywhere
    Of 42 players invited to tryout camp this summer only 2 from Massachusetts
    92 Europeans playing college hockey last year
    Will be around 200 in a few years-USHL teams loaded with them

there's a good buck in that racket.

Admission to BU is still on the table. The main reason why anyone goes there is because they can't get into Boston College.

Also, when did Coach York start taking the Euro-mercenaries? He had always done it the right way: true freshman from local high schools and prep schools. It worked out pretty well, I'd say. Time to go back to what won us national championships.
    congrats on your first pick of the day (5rd).

mookie thought after the bu-4 last year that the igles were supposed to have a better class this time around.

what happened there timp?
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Weak. Even by your standards.

Ha are you talking like Blake Bellefeuille? Tolvanen was in USHL, gotten plenty of good players from there.

With the Eagles lack of high NHL picks in the 2016 and 2017 drafts, along with no one projected to go very high in the 2018 draft, does anyone else feel a strange sense of relief/optimism as it relates to players sticking around and being developed? I get my hopes up with all these highly-touted prospects, and they seem to either leave after a year or two, if they show up at all. I'm sick of it. Boston College has had plenty of great college players over the years who haven't been drafted high. Hopefully this group will continue to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston22 View Post
    With the Eagles lack of high NHL picks in the 2016 and 2017 drafts, along with no one projected to go very high in the 2018 draft, does anyone else feel a strange sense of relief/optimism as it relates to players sticking around and being developed?
    mookie hopes so!!!

bc scares mookie due to jrrrrry still being the smartest around (even if he's the equiv now of bellichek in 30yrs ). y'all won when you developed, sure. but it was also peppered (yer last in 2012) with the likes of guys drafted HIGH!! kreider, dumoulin, hayes, cross.. heck even 4th rounders like johnny and bill arnold.

this year you guys had ONE 5th rounder?!??!!! holy cow!! when did bc become merrimack? (sorry mack. mookie knows you had a higher round pick this year)

of course the terriors had the bu-4 last year and didn't make the frozen four. but that just shows the depth of talent now across ncaa hockey.

umlol at least has the excuse of bringing in freshmen who are no longer draft eligible.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

still need to sprinkle in guys that *might* only stay 2 years. what you want to try and avoid is the mass exodus we saw last offseason. they definitely have very good recruits lined up going forward but someone like Tolvanen could have been a two year player. i still want those guys when you augment that with 3/4 year players. they are in a transitional stage right now as a program. obviously they don't have the most talented team this year but still posses some quality players. the biggest question of all of course is how much longer does York want to do this? he's had the recurring eye issue but he seems to be in pretty good health and loves what he's doing. while you can say his age is probably being used against him in recruiting, it should still be his call on when to retire.

The Original Dope Detector theprofromdover's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    mookie hopes so!!!

bc scares mookie due to jrrrrry still being the smartest around (even if he's the equiv now of bellichek in 30yrs ). y'all won when you developed, sure. but it was also peppered (yer last in 2012) with the likes of guys drafted HIGH!! kreider, dumoulin, hayes, cross.. heck even 4th rounders like johnny and bill arnold.

this year you guys had ONE 5th rounder?!??!!! holy cow!! when did bc become merrimack? (sorry mack. mookie knows you had a higher round pick this year)

of course the terriors had the bu-4 last year and didn't make the frozen four. but that just shows the depth of talent now across ncaa hockey.

umlol at least has the excuse of bringing in freshmen who are no longer draft eligible.
    Haven't you left to bring peace to the middle east yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Quote Originally Posted by theprofromdover View Post
    Haven't you left to bring peace to the middle east yet?
    Soon (fingers crossed)

Finally got the passport this morning with proper stamps applied

Doggie Out! Afuera!

BC is staring down the very real possibility of missing the NCAAs for the second straight season. I don't believe that has happened since the beginning of York's tenure when he had to dig out of the mess that he had inherited.

Needless to say, things have not been headed in the right direction over the last couple of years. Something needs to change.
    The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
    BC - 12
    BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Cross Check View Post
    BC is staring down the very real possibility of missing the NCAAs for the second straight season. I don't believe that has happened since the beginning of York's tenure when he had to dig out of the mess that he had inherited.

Needless to say, things have not been headed in the right direction over the last couple of years. Something needs to change.
    You guys are kind of where BU was around 2000. A few years since your last title, still making some runs at conference titles, and maybe even a FF here or there (2009 title). But some not so great years thrown in. Ultimately it was 13 years before Jack stepped down. I'm sure it won't take Jerry that long. But IMHO, that is what needs to change. Jack still got some good recruits (see Eichel, Jack) as Jerry still is, but once we brought in a new younger coach, things improved significantly. With BC's history, resources, etc. they would be a force again with a good young coach (they haven't fallen very far yet, but I agree that the future is questionable).
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

What I've pieced together so far for next season's BC schedule, excluding potential postseason dates. Let me know if you have anything different ...

Oct. 6 QUINNIPIAC
    Oct. 13 WISCONSIN
    Oct. 15 @ Providence *
    Oct. 20 @St. Cloud State
    Oct. 21 @St. Cloud State
    Oct. 27 @ Providence *
    Oct. 28 DENVER

Nov. 3 MERRIMACK *
    Nov. 4 @ Merrimack *
    Nov. 7 CONNECTICUT *
    Nov. 10 @ Vermont *
    Nov. 11 @ Vermont *
    Nov. 18 @ Northeastern *
    Nov. 24 HARVARD

Dec. 1 BOSTON UNIVERSITY *
    Dec. 9 NORTHEASTERN *
    Dec. 30 CONNECTICUT *

Jan. 12 PROVIDENCE *
    Jan. 13 NEW HAMPSHIRE *
    Jan. 23 MASSACHUSETTS *
    Jan. 26 @ UMass Lowell *
    Jan. 27 UMASS LOWELL *

Feb. 2 @ Connecticut *!
    Feb. 5 vs. Northeastern #
    Feb. 9 UMASS LOWELL *
    Feb. 12 vs. BU/Harvard #
    Feb. 15 @ Massachusetts *
    Feb. 23 MAINE *
    Feb. 24 MAINE *

Home Games in CAPS at Kelley Rink
    *Hockey East Conference Game
    #Beanpot Tournament (TD Garden, Boston)
    ! XL Center (Hartford, Conn.)
    "No matter where you go, there you are"

Quote Originally Posted by bcmsu9196 View Post
    What I've pieced together so far for next season's BC schedule, excluding potential postseason dates. Let me know if you have anything different ...

Oct. 6 QUINNIPIAC
    Oct. 13 WISCONSIN
    Oct. 15 @ Providence *
    Oct. 20 @St. Cloud State
    Oct. 21 @St. Cloud State
    Oct. 27 @ Providence *
    Oct. 28 DENVER

Nov. 3 MERRIMACK *
    Nov. 4 @ Merrimack *
    Nov. 7 CONNECTICUT *
    Nov. 10 @ Vermont *
    Nov. 11 @ Vermont *
    Nov. 18 @ Northeastern *
    Nov. 24 HARVARD

Dec. 1 BOSTON UNIVERSITY *
    Dec. 9 NORTHEASTERN *
    Dec. 30 CONNECTICUT *

Jan. 12 PROVIDENCE *
    Jan. 13 NEW HAMPSHIRE *
    Jan. 23 MASSACHUSETTS *
    Jan. 26 @ UMass Lowell *
    Jan. 27 UMASS LOWELL *

Feb. 2 @ Connecticut *!
    Feb. 5 vs. Northeastern #
    Feb. 9 UMASS LOWELL *
    Feb. 12 vs. BU/Harvard #
    Feb. 15 @ Massachusetts *
    Feb. 23 MAINE *
    Feb. 24 MAINE *

Home Games in CAPS at Kelley Rink
    *Hockey East Conference Game
    #Beanpot Tournament (TD Garden, Boston)
    ! XL Center (Hartford, Conn.)
    Let me know if you have anything different ...
    You can add this to your list,
    https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports...nt-in-january/
    A bad cause requires many words.

Quote Originally Posted by Cross Check View Post

With Tolvanen out, does BC have an alternate possible impact forward option ? His scholarship is an obvious spot for anyone worthy.

Last year, the offense went south with all the early departures from 2 years ago. They lost White from last year. Cangelosi to graduation.

They really need talent that can put pucks in the net even if they only stay one or 2 years.
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Thread Information