Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
    I think BC's schedule may have something to do with sharing Conte, but I'm curious as to why 7 Hockey East teams played last Sunday, 1 more on Tuesday (not BC) and 2 tonight (not BC). Look at the composite schedule... lots of odd scheduling this year.
    For Lowell they played a home and home with Maine Friday and Sunday. For the past three seasons the Lowell / Maine series has been a home and home. The Lowell / ND game tonight is due to a ND's home football game on Saturday. The same thing happened the last time Lowell traveled to ND (Thu. & Fri.).

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
      For Lowell they played a home and home with Maine Friday and Sunday. For the past three seasons the Lowell / Maine series has been a home and home. The Lowell / ND game tonight is due to a ND's home football game on Saturday. The same thing happened the last time Lowell traveled to ND (Thu. & Fri.).
      Like anyone will be going to the nd football game
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Even game but got away from them early in the 3rd with those back to back PP goals. Harvard should be pretty good again this year.

Comment

The penalty parade still bothers me. Can't complain about the team, though, even if 10-3-1 is inflated somewhat given the schedule.

For Harvard it was a big confidence boost, having lost 12 of the last 13 against the Eagles. Also, H went 0-8-1 last year against NCAA tournament teams. Good luck to the Crimson at BU Tuesday.

Comment

12 of 13...ouch

And harvard has had a lot of talent

Comment

we were due for one of these, especially against them. On to UConn Tuesday

Comment

Things were going just fine and then Jerry has to come back and look what happens. Time to hang em' up!

Just kidding of course. Harvard has good offensive talent. Not a good team to take a bunch of penalties against, as demonstrated. This is the second time in three seasons that BC has really gotten smacked by the Crimson.

Still, 10-3-1 with this young team, sign me up.
                The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                BC - 12
                BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Last night started a pretty tough stretch of 7 games with 4 HE games, Minnesota and North Dakota throw in for sh*ts and giggles before the Christmas break. Gonna find out if they've got sand.
                  A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

That was a great hockey game last night. Too bad the Eagles spent the first 4:00 of the 3rd in the box or that could have been a different outcome. Harvard is a very good team and just wore us down and took advantage of our penalties. Their 3 goal barrage ended it at the beginning of the 3rd. The Eagles never quit though. Good sign... they battled to the end.
                    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Maybe harvard can actually win an NCAA tourney game this year

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        Maybe harvard can actually win an NCAA tourney game this year

I wouldn't go that far, but barring a major collapse down the stretch, Harvard should at least get an at-large bid. They easily have the most talented offensive core in the ECAC right now, and their only real competition is Quinnipiac and St. Lawrence. Their goaltending is suspect, but it should be good enough to get them through the year at a high position.

Comment

Madsen was a wall last night. Big kid.
                          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Hi BC! As you might guess from the user name I am a Harvard fan and was at the Harvard-BC game a few days ago. I spotted something that puzzled me and given the number of BC fans at Bright may well have puzzled some of you. During the game I noticed that Referee Chip McDonald was wearing some sort of electronic device on top of his helmet. Made him look a bit like a TeleTubby. I guessed it might be some sort of additional replay camera. I saw Don Garcia, one of the ECAC supervisors of officials and asked him. He was wearing a camera on his helmet but not for officiating purposes. Don said it was being worn as a favor to one of the teams (Don was not sure if it was BC or Harvard) to help the team with some sort of promotional video.

By the way, the game was a good game to watch. Fast paced hockey between two excellent teams.

Good luck to BC for the rest of the season (except for the Beanpot of course, )

Comment

After UConn cleans the floor with BC, the Gophers will be there to mop up the remaining pieces.
                              Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                                After UConn cleans the floor with BC, the Gophers will be there to mop up the remaining pieces.
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XrdvacdUi4

We'll always have Tampa!
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X