Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
    Over rated experience, I will never go to Fenway to watch a hockey game. Who wants to sit in the cold where you can't follow the game well. Better off staying home watching on TV.
    football
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      football
      Even for football I don't like it. I remember the Boston Patriots used to play there.

I have sox tickets and it still sucks with the poles for baseball. I have to look at the monitor sometimes on top to see what is going on when I can't see around the supports in the grandstand ((
      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
        Even for football I don't like it. I remember the Boston Patriots used to play there.

I have sox tickets and it still sucks with the poles for baseball. I have to look at the monitor sometimes on top to see what is going on when I can't see around the supports in the grandstand ((
        those seats are too tight as well. look over your shoulder to see the plate.

harrington should have built a new park

Comment

ya think? insane they are still playing in a museum

Comment

When I was at BU it was $1 to sit in the bleachers. They were ALL bench seats then. Got season tix in '87. Gave them up in '95 when the price went from $16.50 to $90.

Comment

They should have but they didn't want to buy out the holdovers on the land. I guess we needed another Target Store and expensive apartments.

It's silly when you have to pay more to park than the price of the ticket itself.
              NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Bummer about Colin White. Saw that he signed an ATO with Binghamton, which was surprising given his drive to play in Ottawa.

Comment

1,000th game tonight for Gionta and he scores. 15 goals on the year.

BC got him from the Niagara Scenic (yes a real team) way back when.
                  Last edited by J.D.; 03-27-2017, 07:33 PM.

Comment

I know heisenberg doesn't know all the details but he doesn't have BC bringing in a dman to replace savage. Is that accurate? Lose him and 5 forwards. He has 6 forwards coming in.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      I know heisenberg doesn't know all the details but he doesn't have BC bringing in a dman to replace savage. Is that accurate? Lose him and 5 forwards. He has 6 forwards coming in.
                      Michael Karow is an incoming D for BC. Heisenberg has him for '18 but I swear I saw somewhere he is coming this fall.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tater View Post
                        Michael Karow is an incoming D for BC. Heisenberg has him for '18 but I swear I saw somewhere he is coming this fall.
                        Heisenberg is not always accurate on the timing. Fairly certain that Reilly Walsh coming to Harvard nect year even though Heisenberg has him as a 2018.

Comment

Bothman are you going to Chicago?
                          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Since I do not foresee any of the forwards on the current roster signing a professional contract before their eligibility is up, there is going to be a major logjam this coming season. And even more so in the Fall of 2018 (seeing as they won't be losing any seniors after this upcoming 2017-18 season). Right now I believe there will be 22 guys.

Could this be a problem? What do you see the coaches do? Put a few kids off for a year? Tell kids they might be happier somewhere else? Cutting kids/not allowing the walk-ons to be on the roster?

Comment

there are jersey numbers up to 36 for the team picture.....

Comment

This coming season? They lose 5 forwards and bring in 6 (allegedly). That's not a big deal. But you'd probably start with guys they had to unexpectedly bring in due to more than expected early departures. My guess is Merulla, Booth, and Greco are all walk-ons.

Comment

Working...
                                X