Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    hahahhaha, that's funny. Misery loves company i guess, still rather have your lot at this point by far.
    I just said a couple....lol

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

Going to stir the pot a bit with this Campoli vs. McInnis debate. Feel bad for both of these kids to be honest. Not trying to pick on any particular player here but...

Potentially Skewed Facts (but still facts):

Record with Campoli: 7-2-1
      Record without Campoli: 11-12-3
      Record with McInnis: 14-13-4
      Record without McInnis: 4-1-0
      Campoli: +7 in 10 games
      McInnis: -1 in 31 games
      Record when McInnis records a point: 5-0-1
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

I'm thinking a case could be made that Campoli could replace any one of our top 6 D and it wouldn't hurt a bit. Just sayin'.
        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

• Originally posted by BUtogether View Post
          No the crime is pretending McAvoy is All Hockey East...and it is pretty sad when your 8th D comes in for 2 games and scores as many goals as the 1st round so called superstar has the entire season.
          I didn't say I was pretending but whatever floats your boat Buttgatherer
          Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

• Originally posted by BU2K View Post
            I didn't say I was pretending but whatever floats your boat Buttgatherer
            Yes your comment was quite enlightening FU2K....yuck yuck we can both play the 5 year old name calling game...moron

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
              Going to stir the pot a bit with this Campoli vs. McInnis debate. Feel bad for both of these kids to be honest. Not trying to pick on any particular player here but...

Very similar to what goes on at BU but facts don't fit the NHL narrative

Comment

The big question for BC is future of York and how his age plays into recruits. I think both Harvard's and BU's recruiting uptick has something to do with this.

I am surprised that a Marshall Warren, Wahlstrom, Wilde, and Rathbone are not BC bound.

Comment

• Originally posted by BUtogether View Post
                  No the crime is pretending McAvoy is All Hockey East...and it is pretty sad when your 8th D comes in for 2 games and scores as many goals as the 1st round so called superstar has the entire season.
                  Should be interesting when the Bruins sign McAvoy at the end of the season... I wonder what you'll think of him as a Bruin

Rough em up *ck em up BU sucks
                  Hobart Statesmen
                  Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  Boston College Eagles
                  Providence College Friars

#EasternBias is the only way

Jack O'Callahan: "You know what Coxy let me ask you a question. Why'd you wanna play college hockey?"
                  Cox: "Isn't it obvious? For the girls."

Comment

• Originally posted by butogether View Post
                    yes your comment was quite enlightening fu2k....yuck yuck we can both play the 5 year old name calling game...moron
                    yawn...
                    Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post

Why stop there.
                      Record with both Campoli and McGinnis in the line-up 3-1-1.

Games Campoli was in that McGinnis was not: Colorado College, Maine, Arizona State, Northeastern wins and the Notre Dame loss in South Bend.

I agree Campoli deserves more PT but it is not just a case of Campoli or McGinnis.
                      Jerry has used many players seldom as a Freshman who he later uses quite extensively as key players. I think of someone like Paul Carey who fit that mold.

Comment

• Originally posted by BU2K View Post
                        yawn...
                        Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz...jacka**

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Trev View Post
                          Should be interesting when the Bruins sign McAvoy at the end of the season... I wonder what you'll think of him as a Bruin

Rough em up *ck em up BU sucks
                          I will think thank god good riddance...hopefully the Bruins will actually coach him to play defense...but I'm guessing huge bust...hope I am wrong

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                            The big question for BC is future of York and how his age plays into recruits. I think both Harvard's and BU's recruiting uptick has something to do with this.
                            i think a lot of us dont want to believe this but there's a lot truth to what you say IMO........not only that but the recipe that BC used for 15 years was tinkered with and then lost over the past 3-4 We've become the kings of Oct-Nov and Dec instead of the fine tuned machine of Feb-March and April that we were for years. I know, we made the FF last year but were not playing our best at the time of both tournaments

Comment

• I talked with a BC hockey player last year at a BC baseball game, and he said that the assistant coaches are doing a lot of the work, and that Jerry relies much more heavily on them than he ever has before (basically that York is kind of losing it). As for the future of this program I'm slightly concerned. We have some good recruits in the pipeline, but we are clearly getting out-recruited by BU. When York retires BC should go after a guy like Bazin, but they won't because we won't hire someone who isn't an alum. I really hope we don't screw up York's replacement, but I have a feeling we will in some way. We don't exactly have a good track record on our commitment to athletics

Comment

Originally posted by Marshmont_63 View Post
                                When York retires BC should go after a guy like Bazin, but they won't because we won't hire someone who isn't an alum.
                                Keep your dirty, filthy, little hands off.
                                Lowell Forever
                                Forever Lowell

Comment

Working...
                                X