Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

According to the Ottawa Sun:

"The Senators were hoping to have a deal in place with White before they faced the Bruins at the TD Garden Tuesday night so he could attend the game with his family. White doesn’t want to return to school next season so both sides are trying to find common ground."

http://www.ottawasun.com/2017/03/21/...colleges-white
    Last edited by bcmsu9196; 03-23-2017, 10:56 PM. Reason: Spacing
    "No matter where you go, there you are"

Comment

That's not surprising. He played like he didn't want to be here this year. Maybe a bit harsh but he did not elevate his game.

Comment

I don't see White's situation at BC being too much different than it was this season. It might be even harder for White to get offense going without RFitz and Cango. Does he want to play another year where so many games are a grind for him? Or does he want to take his signing bonus and make 90K learning the Pro game in the AHL next year? I think he'd already be signed if Ottawa would let him burn the first year of his ELC instead of trying to get him to sign an ATO.

Comment

He had a great World Junior Championship ... but except for the penalties he took, I thought White was pretty much invisible at the Garden last weekend.

Seems like Ottawa doesn't want him to burn a year off his entry-level deal, true, but from what I've heard elsewhere White and his agent don't want him to play in the AHL.
          "No matter where you go, there you are"

Comment

Originally posted by bcmsu9196 View Post
            He had a great World Junior Championship ... but except for the penalties he took, I thought White was pretty much invisible at the Garden last weekend..
            He was pretty much invisible all year

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            That's not surprising. He played like he didn't want to be here this year. Maybe a bit harsh but he did not elevate his game.
            100% agree and you're not being harsh. Get someone in that wants to be here.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
              But doesn't this all go back to how the program is being "sold?" Clearly at BU they are being told "This is your quickest and best path to the NHL." Don't know what they're telling them at BC, but that kind of goes counter to the "Get someone in that wants to be here argument." Do ANY of them really "want to be here" or is it just "this is how I can get a pro contract the quickest?" This is the dilemma that all schools face today. And it's like dominoes...once one school starts that type of "marketing," then the others have to follow suit if they want to attract the best players, or else to take the alternative approach and do what Merrimack and Lowell do...recruit guys that are "older" and are not hot prospects.

Comment

your guys are going to be the visitors at fenway AGAIN?????? what the hell?!?
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                  He was pretty much invisible all year

Last year, he had much more talent around him and flourished. This year, not so much and he was not as productive. If he leaves, hopefully BC can fill his spot with a telented forward or defenseman.
                  NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

I believe that White would have the same problem in the AHL that he has had at BC and that is why he and his agent want him in the NHL. He has been a constant target of opposing players because of his skills and is almost always the recipient of cheap shots. That is where his penalties come in as he retaliates and gets caught. He needs to be playing where skill is more important and the AHL is full of goons.

Comment

Re: White. From what I heard last off-season, he wanted to be in Ottawa but the feeling wasn't mutual. So I'm not remotely surprised that he still feels that way or that the Sens have acquiesced.

I can't speak to how he played all year, he sure as hell played well enough whenever NU was on the other end of the ice, but this has been a long time coming.

Comment

Ryan Fitzgerald signed with the Bruins.

http://www.bcinterruption.com/2017/3...college-hockey
                        A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          Is that the uconn 'home' game you're speaking of?
                          Originally posted by mookie1995
                          bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                          Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                          Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            your guys are going to be at fenway again?????? What the hell?!?
                            fyp

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              Over rated experience, I will never go to Fenway to watch a hockey game. Who wants to sit in the cold where you can't follow the game well. Better off staying home watching on TV.
                              NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

colin white signed
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X