• Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
        How about the DuMont Network?
        i had to google it to see what the heck you were talking about! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
          thanks, i dont get NESN access from out here, sadly
          You're welcome. It may have been written somewhere online too, I just recall they mentioned it during the broadcast. At least its not an injury.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
            i had to google it to see what the heck you were talking about! LOL
            not buying it

unless you are claiming you are so old you forgot
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
              But college hockey is the future of television. That's why we added Notre Dame!!!!

Given that I think Bertagna was just extended for a few more years we're never going to get him out of there. I think there really needs to be a change at the top of the league. The scheduling and TV situation is atrocious. We are ruining the experience for the few people that attend so no one can watch it on tv.

My family has 6 season tickets and I don't see us renewing next year. With kids now, the terrible schedule makes it almost impossible to attend more than a few games a year. They ask for renewals long before we see the schedule. LONG before. So.... someone at BC or Hockey East better fix this or we're done wasting hundreds on unused tickets.
              No games should be on Mondays to Wednesdays, and the Fenway experience has lost its novelty. No one likes bad sight lines and sitting in the cold. The 2nd game looked so bare in the stands and unless you sat in an enclosed area where there is heat. Might as well stay home and watch it free in comfort.
              NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Joe Woll is having a better freshman year than Demko. A little older than Demko was but still. He gives this team a chance to win every night. Add in you still have players like White, Fitzgerald and Cangelosi etc...they can still get back into this thing. No shame in losing to that BU team, not like they were run out of the building either night. But now it's time to win games. Next two are absolute must wins and then you get Notre Dame at home. That's a big one. Series to come against UVM and UML which very well could determine their NCAA fate. But if they can get in, having the players I mentioned gives them a chance in a one and done scenario.

Comment

FYI - New recruits, defenseman Ryan Siedem and forward Jason Siedem.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=445603

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=201893.
                  Last edited by boblav1; 01-18-2017, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Joe Woll is pretty good. Gonna need white and fitzgerald to elevate their game.

Comment

asked on EA if they were outplayed as much as 43-26 suggests, a response was "yes" 0-4 on PP, Jesus. 16% for the year, which ranks #40 nationally

Comment

And when you have some guys that they have, it should be better

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          And when you have some guys that they have, it should be better
                          right? .........so i looked at PK and we are 41st nationally at that. BC is usually top 10 in both of these categories

Comment

Without a doubt one of the least satisfying wins I can remember. Woll stole that game. Blatant thievery. In no way did they deserve to win. If they play anything like that on Saturday night against Notre Dame, they are going to get frogstomped.
                            The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                            BC - 12
                            BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Woll is outstanding. BC has had a lot of fine goalies over the years. You can have a lot of fun trying to rank the best of them. I believe that BC is asking more of a Freshman goalie this season than they have since Paul Skidmore was a Freshman.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                                Without a doubt one of the least satisfying wins I can remember. Woll stole that game. Blatant thievery. In no way did they deserve to win. If they play anything like that on Saturday night against Notre Dame, they are going to get frogstomped.
                                Guess they were due for one of these games. Typically they outwork most teams on a nightly basis. Hopefully a wake up call.

Comment

Working...
                                X