Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

New recruit for the Eagles. Michael Karow, out of Youngstown in the USHL. Defenseman
    "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Good lesson on needing to close out a game better but overall deserved the win

Interesting to see greco moved up to top line mid game

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
        I agree wholeheartedly that our team is going well. That's doesn't mean I'm not going to complain about whomever though it was a good idea to have this game tonight on Election Night. I am truly torn whether to go or eat my tickets. Shouldn't have to be making that decision. None of us should.
        Easy decision for me. Vote early, get to the game.
        The place was empty however. Just 3 rows of students behind the UNH goalie.
        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Matty Gaudreau continues to impress whenever he is on the ice. His pass through traffic to the streaking Dudek for the GWG was as pretty a pass and tic-tac-toe goal as you'll ever see. Sweet goal.
          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

3 wins in 5 days is no easy task with 2 of the 3 up in Maine.

They are winning games and going one game at a time. Are we really playing Arizona freaking State this weekend?
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Can always count on a weird hockey east schedule. BC has played 6 league games and every other team has only played 2 or 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                I agree wholeheartedly that our team is going well. That's doesn't mean I'm not going to complain about whomever though it was a good idea to have this game tonight on Election Night. I am truly torn whether to go or eat my tickets. Shouldn't have to be making that decision. None of us should.
                Yup, 3000 in the building, supposedly # minimize attendance

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                Can always count on a weird hockey east schedule. BC has played 6 league games and every other team has only played 2 or 3.
                HE at it's finest

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                Wow ... 24 hours before UNH visits Chestnut Hill, and no posting activity whatsoever on the (2nd page) BC thread. We miss the old times with UNH

Don't youze guys know "The Champions of December" are headed to your barn to inflict some serious damage? Good luck, HE needs UNH to be good

Doesn't your school want to honor Coach Umile during his (uber extended) Adieu Hockey East Farewell Tour??? love him, he's a hometown hero (Melrose MA) but he stayed too long

Maybe you folks can hoist one of his old turtlenecks to the Conte rafters? It's OK with us if he's still wearing it. He's a good guy, I'm sorry he never got the big one. Class act.

Comment

BC has had some weird schedule dates over the years, but we're not alone this season.
                  4 HE games this Sunday, 2 Tuesday and 1 Thursday. Continued weirdness into the second half.

Composite Schedule

Comment

This will be an interesting matchup with HU. It's hard to judge a team when they have played far less games. BC is rolling and playing better than I thought this early in the season. BC has 2 solid goalies so far and the offense is well distributed. At 10-2-1 I can't complain about anything. Looking forward to Friday night in Cambridge this early matchup.
                    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

ASU was a pretty good team. Can see why they beat UNH. Their goalie had a terrific game and kept them in it.
                      Edquist had a terrific game as well, stoning two breakaway attempts. Good position all game. No chance on the ASU goal... uncontested bang bang play off a bad turnover.

The Eagles have struggled a bit breaking out of the D zone since the 3rd period of the UNH game, and that with nary an ASU forecheck. Better teams will make us pay for those mistakes. Gotta step it up against H or it could be a long night.

Comment

I thought the ASU goal was on a breakaway and then Edquist stopped a breakaway later on. Regardless, ASU did have a good showing. BC, not so much. In fact, the game winning goal was quite lucky with a weird bounce off the boards that popped right out in front. Later in the game ASU had two guys forechecking and overall I didn't get the sense they were the traditional trap team. Despite the advantage in shots for BC, ASU had some very good chances and did pin BC in at times. As you say, a team like Harvard makes them pay.

Comment

• I have two extra tickets for the Harvard game Friday if anyone's interested -- zudnic at gmail dot com
                          Boston College Eagle Hockey ยป "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                            BC has had some weird schedule dates over the years, but we're not alone this season.
                            4 HE games this Sunday, 2 Tuesday and 1 Thursday. Continued weirdness into the second half.

Composite Schedule
                            Isn't the main reason for BC's funky schedule the fact they share the building with three other teams plus a football schedule they have to avoid?
                            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                              Isn't the main reason for BC's funky schedule the fact they share the building with three other teams plus a football schedule they have to avoid?
                              no

Comment

I think BC's schedule may have something to do with sharing Conte, but I'm curious as to why 7 Hockey East teams played last Sunday, 1 more on Tuesday (not BC) and 2 tonight (not BC). Look at the composite schedule... lots of odd scheduling this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X