Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
    They've got Merrimack at home Fri and then Northeastern on Mon. It would behove them not to lose to either of those teams so they're not tumbling down the Pairwise rankings.
    I would be very surprised if BC can't handle these two games. This team may not be as talented as prior teams but it comes to play.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
      Am I nuts for being being more upset about how they lost than the fact that they did lose? BU is better, no argument there. The repeat problems that don't get corrected, forget about physical mistakes. Calnan two games in a row with an absolutely dumb penalty. That is your captain. Late penalties in almost every single game. Groundhog day over and over again.

Want to point out one thing here. McInnis, let's not really beat around the bush or overstate it either, had a very rough night. He is now +1 in 25 games. 33 PIMs, 6 pts. Campoli is +7 in 10 games. I think it's time to give Campoli a shot here. A positionally sound player would arguably have kept BU's first and third goals from going up on the board.

McInnis is even worse than Moore. Well, you would have to fire his father to get the kid out of the lineup. Jerry is loyal - but he is hurting the other 20 kids on this team.

Again last night, Moore fell on the first rush and BU got a nice shot on net.

These two defenceman are undersized and should be able to skate with anybody - but they are having problem adjusting to the speed of the game and we are 20+ games in. Its not like they are adding any offensive output. Karlsson they are not.

Tye shorthaned goal, if you listen to Jerry's post-game comments , "was a puck retrieval problem with the defenceman putting the puck in the corner and no one retrieving it". The question then becomes, were were the defenceman, did we have 5 men down low? Were the defencemen watching the puck not being retrived and not getting back to play defence?
      Last edited by recruited; 02-07-2017, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Might take a while to adjust but he and Moore should both be good 4 year players based on what they did in USHL. Obviously you hate losing to BU but it's a tough matchup. Biggest thing is not getting a lead in any of the three games. Make BU chase the game. Let's not act as if the sky is falling. Two best teams in the league.

No reason the PP should be as bad as it is. Have to hope for just some improvement in special teams down the stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by recruited View Post
          Tye shorthaned goal, if you listen to Jerry's post-game comments , "was a puck retrieval problem with the defenceman putting the puck in the corner and no one retrieving it". The question then becomes, were were the defenceman, did we have 5 men down low? Were the defencemen watching the puck not being retrived and not getting back to play defence?
          Brickley really handled the replay of this nicely and it is true that it all went wrong with the retrieval. It was obvious during real time that the forechecker (#15) just simply took a terrible angle, was in too deep into the zone to get to the puck and thus not only did BU get to it cleanly but skated right out and past the forechecker. That's a huge breakdown that should never happen but, McInnis then went and made a pretty ugly read on the play and got burned by McAvoy while he was in no-man's land. A more experienced player would recognize McAvoy was about to get pressure from the next Eagle up the ice (Cotton) and there is no reason to commit to that position at that point on the ice. It's really a dreadful decision given the position of the two BU players and his teammate and the circumstances (PP). You simply can't give up the middle of the ice there. A bad retrieval on a PP usually results in a clear. McAvoy probably would have dumped if he saw BC defenders in position in spite of the 3.5 Eagles being caught back on the bad retrieval. What I'm saying is, the bigger mistake was McInnis making the read to play McAvoy with another BU player ahead of him AND going up the middle (while McAvoy was about to be negated by Cotton anyway, and he had no chance of catching Keller).
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by PPGuru View Post
            I would be very surprised if BC can't handle these two games. This team may not be as talented as prior teams but it comes to play.
            I'm going to channel Scarlet ("Opposite Girl") here and say there is no WAY that Merrimack can possibly beat BC at Kelly Rink. I know they're winless in like 35 straight there.
            Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

I have been scratching my head about Campoli's lack of PT since I first saw him vs CC.
              Heavy hitter. Cleans house in front of net. Defensively sound. He was a +3 vs ND on 1/28.
              5 puck movers on the ice at all times... Santini's game wouldn't fit the new style.
              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                I have been scratching my head about Campoli's lack of PT since I first saw him vs CC.
                Heavy hitter. Cleans house in front of net. Defensively sound. He was a +3 vs ND on 1/28.
                5 puck movers on the ice at all times... Santini's game wouldn't fit the new style.

The new style does not seem to work against BU or other top teams. Joe Woll can only do so much ....

BTW , SAntini is playing in the NHL. SO that style works.
                Last edited by recruited; 02-08-2017, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Can you guys let me know which sections are the home shooting end at the Conte?

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
                    Can you guys let me know which sections are the home shooting end at the Conte?
                    BC shoots twice toward the end of the alphabet sections(R & S behind the net). So any section from M to X is on that end. I assume that may have something to do with the luxury boxes at that end that overlook both Conte and Alumni. The band is at the opposite end in section H.

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
                      BC shoots twice toward the end of the alphabet sections(R & S behind the net). So any section from M to X is on that end. I assume that may have something to do with the luxury boxes at that end that overlook both Conte and Alumni. The band is at the opposite end in section H.
                      Fwiw, if you sit in sections Q or T you're going to have a hard time seeing the play along the dasher and even the goaltender because those sections border R & S, the student sections where they stand for the whole game.
                      A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                        Fwiw, if you sit in sections Q or T you're going to have a hard time seeing the play along the dasher and even the goaltender because those sections border R & S, the student sections where they stand for the whole game.
                        Oh don't worry. I don't want to be anywhere near your students.

Comment

I have a couple of tix available in Section P if anyone is interested. Southie?
                          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                            I have a couple of tix available in Section P if anyone is interested. Southie?
                            Sry, no can do.

Great seats too if anybody is interested.
                            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Good start so far, team really looks invested. Woll a tremendous mistake on first goal and then optional defense after that.

Comment

Another ridiculous replay delay. NOT offside.

Comment

Working...
                                X