X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    A home game tomorrow...

Noticed they took away the concessions discount for season ticket holders (at least I didn't get a card like last year)
    With the Clemson football game the only sellout this year and the rest of the home games probably lucky to crack 20K in attendance that might 'splain that.
    A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

A home game tomorrow...

Noticed they took away the concessions discount for season ticket holders (at least I didn't get a card like last year)
      I can't wait to have my non-student section overrun with students standing up in our view because it isn't cool being up in the balcony and BC is too lazy to do some work. Happens every year in the first game of the season.

*end old guy rant*
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
        I can't wait to have my non-student section overrun with students standing up in our view because it isn't cool being up in the balcony
        I've never understood that. You pay for a seat, why stand up during the game? When they get older, and knees go bad, they'll NEED that seat.
        "No matter where you go, there you are"

Comment

Originally posted by bcmsu9196 View Post
          I've never understood that. You pay for a seat, why stand up during the game? When they get older, and knees go bad, they'll NEED that seat.
          Agree wholeheartedly. Unless there is a particular reason to stand up, sit the *&@# down! And I'm not even an old man, though I've often been accused of having been born 50 years old.
          The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
          BC - 12
          BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

A home game tomorrow...

Football season ticket holders have the discount card again this year which includes concession discounts at the hockey and basketball games.

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
              Football season ticket holders have the discount card again this year which includes concession discounts at the hockey and basketball games.
              There are still BC Football season ticket holders?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                There are still BC Football season ticket holders?!?
                there is still bc football?!?
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  What in the world does a bu fan know about football anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
                    What in the world does a bu fan know about football anyway.
                    I recall mookie is a steelers fan, so come Sunday very little
                    BS UMass Lowell 2015
                    PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

A lot to like tonight but let me say...

Colorado college wishes they could be a dumpster fire of a program. Right now they are in a landfill. My god what a horrible team.

Comment

A lot to like tonight but let me say...

Colorado college wishes they could be a dumpster fire of a program. Right now they are in a landfill. My god what a horrible team.
                        Yeah, they're...not good. BC got away with some turnovers that a better team would have cashed in. Still, glad for the win.
                        The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                        BC - 12
                        BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          [pistol emoji]

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                            ya, had a teaser last week with the vaunted Stillers vs pathetic Miami, nice job. Still dont get the pats being -7 at Pitts though

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                              except as a stillers fan, he knows a lot , last sunday not withstanding

Comment

Me thinks that may have been a closer game if the second CC goalie had been the first CC goalie.

I like this team very much. They play BC hockey as we have known it in years past. Hustle their butts off, strong along the boards and in the corners. Hard workers. Not a lot of glitter, just solid hard nosed hockey.
                                Anyone else notice there were very few icing calls tonight? Short crisp passes on the tape much more effective than homerun passes that miss the mark by 5 feet. Some of those drop passes however, to no one, leave a lot to be desired. They are the source of most of the opponent's odd man rushes so far this young season. That'll get fixed.
                                We have 3 good goaltenders. Will one of them rise above the others?
                                #6 this year is like a clone of #6 from the last few years. The kid don't take no chit and cleans up the front of the net.
                                Lots of new faces with old numbers and a few old faces with new numbers. Gotta learn the roster, quick... was looking down at the program all night.
                                I have no expectations at this point. The jury is still out on how they'll perform against better competition, although after their recent performances at Denver and Wisconsin, I think this team can hold their own against the iron. Jerry has had success with teams similar to this one. Looking forward to see how high these Eagles can soar.
                                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Working...
                                X