Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    I just read this now lol. Who needs the NCAA tournament when you can be co hockey east regular season champion and tournament runner up. You and everyone else must be over the moon with the success this season.
    Dope.
    Originally posted by mookie1995
    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

I just read this now lol. Who needs the NCAA tournament when you can be co hockey east regular season champion and tournament runner up. You and everyone else must be over the moon with the success this season.
      Ah Drew, most stupid people don't like to draw attention to their stupidity but you're too dumb to know any better. It's called compound stupidity.
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
        Ah Drew, most stupid people don't like to draw attention to their stupidity but you're too dumb to know any better. It's called compound stupidity.
        When Maine was good I would have been bitterly disappointed if they didn't make the NCAA tourney(which never actually happened). It's surprising to see you guys so satisfied with what I would consider a bad year.

On another note, when is the last time only one of the 'big four' teams made the tourney? I would think it's been at least 30 years.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

When Maine was good I would have been bitterly disappointed if they didn't make the NCAA tourney(which never actually happened). It's surprising to see you guys so satisfied with what I would consider a bad year.
          No satisfaction from me. However, given the losses coming in and the expectations as a result of that exodus, yes, they did exceed expectations. I had them penciled in for 18-20 wins personally and expected a rough season. They won 21 and progressed to the HE final for the first time since 2012 and somehow got a piece of the HE RS trophy in spite of the empty feeling of blowing a large lead and having a horrendous record vs the teams with which they shared it.

Imagine if Maine, back under Walsh, had like massive NCAA infractions and had 11 of their top 15 kids ineligible to play. Hard to fathom, I know, but... that's kind of like what BC had to deal with.
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

When Maine was good I would have been bitterly disappointed if they didn't make the NCAA tourney(which never actually happened).
            That pesky postseason ban notwithstanding, right Drew?

Comment

Ya i don't recall being over the moon with this season. Was just pointing out your idiotic take again, drew.

Comment

At least in orono with red gendron in charge you never have to worry about losing in the title game or even showing up on those PWR predictor/you are the committee programs.

Comment

Captain by committee next year. I am thinking Dudek, Brown, Fitzgerald and Kim could all be sporting letters.

Comment

On another note, when is the last time only one of the 'big four' teams made the tourney? I would think it's been at least 30 years.
                    When was the last time someone considered Maine one of the "big four"?
                    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Loled

Drew just keeps taking a beating

Anyway, with ND leaving, pretty firm new big four now of Lowell, BC, BU and PC.

Comment

I could see all these guys except Dudek.

Comment

Why is that?

Comment

What does discipline mean? Fun fact for the day:

So it's no secret that BC has generally been a very NOT SMART team this year. They were penalized to high heaven and we can argue about each call but I will tell you first hand how not smart this BC team was.

- I found an older thread (Thanks SteveF, yes he is still alive) where I had tracked the PPF and PPA. After some updating, the numbers show that this year's BC team was the worst BC team in the last 18 years in regards to differential of PPF and PPA. They were -44. That is over an extra PP a game for the opposition.

- While there was an outlier here and there, the past 4 years have been a part of the bottom half of that 18 years, in fact, those 4 seasons are among the worst 8 seasons in differential out of the past 18 seasons. ZERO POSTSEASON TROPHIES.

- Average differential has been -6.83 over the past 18 seasons but take out the last four and it was just -1.93 differential. So this 4 year stretch just increased that number by 254% in the wrong direction. Think about that.
                            Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 03-20-2017, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                              No satisfaction from me. However, given the losses coming in and the expectations as a result of that exodus, yes, they did exceed expectations. I had them penciled in for 18-20 wins personally and expected a rough season. They won 21 and progressed to the HE final for the first time since 2012 and somehow got a piece of the HE RS trophy in spite of the empty feeling of blowing a large lead and having a horrendous record vs the teams with which they shared it.
                              Congratulation to the Eagles on their season. As you mentioned, with the massive turnover this was truly a very impressive season for the program. They gave Lowell all they could handle Saturday night. The team never gave up and worked hard until the end. I can still hear that shot off the crossbar with time running out.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                Why is that?
                                because he is invisible
                                “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                                Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                                Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                                National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X