Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    I believe using Dudek on the point was new. York said they almost pulled the trigger on that earlier in the year but for whatever reason didn't. Well he certainly helped in getting pucks to the net.

Woll made some big saves Saturday but don't think he was great overall. Defensively, they are going to make mistakes. Just have to hope they limit them, play smart and don't do something catastrophic. Don't think they have even had a lead on BU all season so that is probably the key. Even if they just go down a goal, I'm not sure they can pull out a comeback. Need to score first.

On the PK, haven't been at a game in a while but wow...is that how they always play it this year? Looked chaotic to me. Lack of communication, falling back too much. Gave up a ton of time and space to the Vermont pointmen but perhaps it was by design. If it was, not a fan of that style.

Was kinda surprised Sneddon never used a timeout in the first period or changed goalies. Vermont did end up scoring a couple in the first but still. Certainly not the UVM I expected based off the last two playoff series' against BC.
    I agree with Nick whenever they play a good team like BU, there's no offense. They need to score a TD to win and need to stay out of the box, period to win.

More pucks on net and keep BU out of our zone as much as possible by making sure they clear the blue line and minimize turnovers in our defensive zone. At times they can look slow and confused on the PP in game #2 against UVM. Play with urgency and make quick short passes on the break out.
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
      Just checking to see how much everyone here wants it.
      Steve on the NCAA pickem my brain says BU but my heart says BC ) I had a good weekend in the pickem ))
      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

It's official. Just announced on the Bruin's' game:

UML/ND at 5:00
        BU/BC at 8:00

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
          Steve on the NCAA pickem my brain says BU but my heart says BC ) I had a good weekend in the pickem ))
          You're kickin' butt in the playoffs Ray. I hope you are 100% right on Friday! :-)
          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Gee and here I thought we could use this game as a chance to finally meet in person.

I haven't missed the HE Tournament in 20 years, but me thinks I'll be watching this one from the couch. Taking one for the team.
            Maybe we can meet up at the regionals.
            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Gee and here I thought we could use this game as a chance to finally meet in person.

Scarlet, they don't come much better than FiveHole12, truly.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                I haven't missed the HE Tournament in 20 years, but me thinks I'll be watching this one from the couch. Taking one for the team.
                Maybe we can meet up at the regionals.
                Got great seats in Providence during the pre-sale!
                Originally posted by mookie1995
                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                  Seconded.

(don't let it go to your head FH. Just killing time in work. )
                  A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                    Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                    Seconded.

(don't let it go to your head FH. Just killing time in work. )
                    Thanks guys. Your check is in the mail.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                      Got great seats in Providence during the pre-sale!
                      What if the Eagles are in Manchester?
                      Oh wait... their last game is Friday. Silly me.

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                        Um, UML is going there because they have the bestest fan base.

Comment

Um, UML is going there because they have the bestest fan base.
                          You got it!

Actually either Manchester or Providence. Doesn't matter.
                          Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                          Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                          Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                            The Dunk is 10 miles from my house!
                            Originally posted by mookie1995
                            bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                            Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                            Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

What jerseys do you think you guys will go with for Saturdays game?

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                                What jerseys do you think you guys will go with for Saturdays game?
                                Being a little presumptuous? Don't create bad karma for your team.
                                Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                                Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                                Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Working...
                                X