Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

I remember this toolbag from years past!

Comment

Also nice beating them in Worcester on the way to another national title

Shame BC hasn't been able to beat them in the regular season since though

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        I remember this toolbag from years past!

It was a total joke. The Gophs are very weak and should get swept this weekend.
        Go Gophers!

Comment

I didn't get that impression when I watched a lot of the UND series. I'd be surprised if they get swept out here. Think the Gophs are 3-0-1 in last 4 against BC. NU isn't a great team either. BC is off to a good start but hasn't played a very tough schedule. I am expecting a toss up on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            I didn't get that impression when I watched a lot of the UND series. I'd be surprised if they get swept out here. Think the Gophs are 3-0-1 in last 4 against BC. NU isn't a great team either. BC is off to a good start but hasn't played a very tough schedule. I am expecting a toss up on Sunday.
            OK. The UND series the team was lights out great. It was a masterful series. Beyond that, not so much. We are 2-15 I think against admittedly a very good set of instate rivals out of the last 17 (Duluth, St. Cloud, Mankato, Bemidji).

The bigger picture is that we had a massive recruiting class last year and it was quite soft...we recruited an entire fourth line and another guy who sits on the bench. Goalie Schierhorn can steal games though. We did pick up a tiny but very good frosh class (Lindgren a future Gopher captain from the NTDP and Pitlick, last year's USHL scoring leader by a mile), but they've not turned the corner. We've got some great classes coming up (including the top American next year Casey Mittelstadt), but they're not here now. In the short term, we are great at playing not to lose...but that means we often do. And year's when we're on...we are a complete five player puck control machine...or this year when we're not, we don't play with grit nor have much fire.

We could sneak out of NE with a win. But unless we get a strong start, I can't believe we're going to keep up with a rested BC.
            Go Gophers!

Comment

That was a nice bounce back game. I think BC is now ready to play uconn in hoops!

Comment

If you didn't get a chance to watch the game, here are the goals and highlights: http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston...conn-huskies#2
                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Thanks Grant. Good job by you folks over at BC Interruption.
                  'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Stomping down one fanbase across two sports in the span of 4 days really makes for a nice week doesn't it?

Don't get me wrong they are nice people if you can get past how delusional they are.
                    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

BC ticket page : $3 tickets for the Minnesota game on Sunday, plus the $10 handling fee.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                        Thanks Grant. Good job by you folks over at BC Interruption.
                        Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by steven22 View Post
                          BC ticket page : $3 tickets for the Minnesota game on Sunday, plus the $10 handling fee.
                          I wonder if you might be better off waiting... they're advertising $5 tickets with no service charge for tomorrow night after 10pm. Better deal if you're after a pair.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                            I wonder if you might be better off waiting... they're advertising $5 tickets with no service charge for tomorrow night after 10pm. Better deal if you're after a pair.
                            Thanks !

Comment

Harvard 5 BC 2
                              UConn 4 BU 0
                              BC 5 UConn 2
                              BU 5 Harvard 3

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                                Harvard 5 BC 2
                                UConn 4 BU 0
                                BU 2 UConn 1
                                BC 5 UConn 2
                                BU 5 Harvard 3
                                you is confused!!!
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X