Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

Hard to say why they couldn't play like this in the last month when at one point they we #4 in the country. Then the losses to HU and North Dakata sent them into a tailspin for the rest of the season.

Ryan Fitzgerald finally made his presence this year last night on offense and it will be needed again tonight if they want to advance. He got injured in the HU game and took awhile to return.

They're up 3-0 with less than 3 minutes left and they go too much into a defensive mode that almost cost them.

Let's hope they can keep it alive tonight against another team they could not beat this season.

Were there any BC suspensions from last night's game ending brawl ?
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
      Hard to say why they couldn't play like this in the last month when at one point they we #4 in the country. Then the losses to HU and North Dakata sent them into a tailspin for the rest of the season.

Ryan Fitzgerald finally made his presence this year last night on offense and it will be needed again tonight if they want to advance. He got injured in the HU game and took awhile to return.

They're up 3-0 with less than 3 minutes left and they go too much into a defensive mode that almost cost them.

Let's hope they can keep it alive tonight against another team they could not beat this season.

Were there any BC suspensions from last night's game ending brawl ?
      They were defending against an extra attacker (6 on 5). Not much choice but to play D. Both BU goals were EA.

No suspensions.
      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
        I thought I was.

(it's all in good fun)
        Not sure why that acronym stands for. At the moment I don't particularly care because I'm torn between so incredibly disappointed in my team and feeling the satisfaction of being so right about the Eagles. So JD..when you ask who had BC in this position, I believe I was the only one who did. You can all thank me at any time.

FH12....I'm sorry! I totally missed your post that you were going to be there. Totally would've come over to say hi. Though given the mood I was in, it may have been a good idea that you didn't see me in that state. Heh. I actually left after BC scored their third goal. I decided not to pay the $1325 that TD Garden charges for parking and left my car at work (good call on my part) so I needed to take the T there and given that it was St. Patrick's Day....well, I really had no desire to spend any longer than I needed out and about.

pro - haven't had the cooking lesson with my mom yet for stuffed grape leaves. That's coming after learning how to make lamb and galatoboureko. Once I learn, I'll let you know. Won't offer you any, but I'm sure you'll be happy to know I have added them to my Greek cooking repertoire. Which is growing. My mom is SUCH a good cook.

Good luck tonight. I know UML is playing at another level at the moment, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see you guys win tonight, get to the NCAAs and screw some poor school in another conference out of an NCAA berth. That will be the best result if you guys win tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          Not sure why that acronym stands for. At the moment I don't particularly care because I'm torn between so incredibly disappointed in my team and feeling the satisfaction of being so right about the Eagles. So JD..when you ask who had BC in this position, I believe I was the only one who did. You can all thank me at any time.

FH12....I'm sorry! I totally missed your post that you were going to be there. Totally would've come over to say hi. Though given the mood I was in, it may have been a good idea that you didn't see me in that state. Heh. I actually left after BC scored their third goal. I decided not to pay the $1325 that TD Garden charges for parking and left my car at work (good call on my part) so I needed to take the T there and given that it was St. Patrick's Day....well, I really had no desire to spend any longer than I needed out and about.

pro - haven't had the cooking lesson with my mom yet for stuffed grape leaves. That's coming after learning how to make lamb and galatoboureko. Once I learn, I'll let you know. Won't offer you any, but I'm sure you'll be happy to know I have added them to my Greek cooking repertoire. Which is growing. My mom is SUCH a good cook.

Good luck tonight. I know UML is playing at another level at the moment, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see you guys win tonight, get to the NCAAs and screw some poor school in another conference out of an NCAA berth. That will be the best result if you guys win tonight.
          Phew... I can go home now. Forget the olive branch... bring lamb!

get to the NCAAs and screw some poor school in another conference out of an NCAA berth
          I think that honor may go to ND and PC. ND was absolutely putrid last night, and they just swept PC a week ago.
          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
            ND was absolutely putrid last night
            So I've seen ND several times this year (because they're on the NBC Notre Dame Network all the time). I'll tell you this. They were "putrid" because Lowell MADE them putrid. This is what Lowell does. They slow you down and take you right out of sync so that you grind to a halt. ND gave up halfway through the second period last night.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
              So I've seen ND several times this year (because they're on the NBC Notre Dame Network all the time). I'll tell you this. They were "putrid" because Lowell MADE them putrid. This is what Lowell does. They slow you down and take you right out of sync so that you grind to a halt. ND gave up halfway through the second period last night.
              Thanks for the lesson. I don't get to see many hockey games on tv.
              How does Lowell do what they do?

ND's defense not so good. Overrated goaltending. JMO. One in done in the dance. No lo contesto.

Edit: jekyl-hyde goaltending. Pitch a shutout today, give up 6 tomorrow (which could be the direct result of the D). The kid is capable of stealing some games.
              Last edited by FiveHole12; 03-18-2017, 11:55 AM.

Comment

I just read on the Globe's website that Father Monan has passed away. He was President of BC for many years. I had the pleasure to meet him once back in the '80s. He was also one of my wife's professors. Terrific man who did many great things for BC as well as the Boston area. Rest in peace.
                Last edited by BostonSoccerDad; 03-18-2017, 03:45 PM.
                University of Lowell, 1987

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonSoccerDad View Post
                  I just read on the Globe's website that Father Monin has passed away. He was President of BC for many years. I had the pleasure to meet him once back in the '80s. He was also one of my wife's professors. Terrific man who did many great things for BC as well as the Boston area. Rest in peace.
                  Monan.
                  Originally posted by mookie1995
                  bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                  Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                  Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Believe he was in charge when York finally got the BC job. York hasn't forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      Believe he was in charge when York finally got the BC job. York hasn't forgotten.
                      He was in charge while i was there, sad to hear that.

Scarlet, grape leaves are one of my favorites. I had asked FiveHole12 to give you my best, then you stood him up so i'll give you my best here .

Comment

No complaints from me. They are better than some at large teams that will make the field but that can happen. Happy to see the response in the league tourney and in the game tonight.

I will say one guy they needed more from was Colin White. Needed him to be at his best.

Comment

made a game outta it. good tournament.
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

A post from going to OT

Comment

Great game and tournament. The Fitzgerald goal was fun to watch.

Comment

The Eagles left it all out there on the ice tonight. No puck luck like they had last night.
                                Proud of them. They played Eagle hockey and went down swinging.
                                A good nucleus returns next season. Looking forward to it!
                                Nice season young Eagles! Thanks for the memories seniors and best wishes in your future endeavors.

Comment

Working...
                                X