• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

6-1 tonight

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
      6-1 tonight
      Haven't been playing the iron of hockey east but this team has been very impressive so far. Almost like they are playing with a chip on their shoulder. Something to prove for sure.

Comment

Nice! I was the first to be very skeptical of this roster, but I stand corrected. Good to see success by a bunch of guys that are not going to play in the NHL.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          Haven't been playing the iron of hockey east but this team has been very impressive so far. Almost like they are playing with a chip on their shoulder. Something to prove for sure.
          for sure but even the best BC teams go up there and get nothing done in the past few years while Maine has been less than stellar . There was a stat on USCHO or college hockey news that they have scored 35 goals in 9 games before tonight and no one was averaging a point a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnieb View Post
            Nice! I was the first to be very skeptical of this roster, but I stand corrected. Good to see success by a bunch of guys that are not going to play in the NHL.
            I was in the same boat as you about this team............and Jerry not there. That makes me feel more at ease about the future because i just don't see them going outside the family for his successor and you have to be thinking the clock is ticking after this latest issue

Comment

That Cangelosi kid is decent. I thought it was overkill that he pitched a tent, roasted some marshmallows and got his sleeping bag out before scoring that first goal though.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                I believe we had an election night home game in the 2000 season if my memory serves me correctly.

edit - yep. http://www.uscho.com/recaps/2000/11/...ht-yale-upset/

Both of those teams have come a long way since that meeting.

Comment

Always fun sweeping maine even if they suck. Quick turnaround tuesday night.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    Always fun sweeping maine even if they suck. Quick turnaround tuesday night.
                    our weekly scheduled Tuesday night game. SMH..............at least the election will be over with

Comment

So far they have exceeded my expectations at 8-2-1, after the lost of 8 experienced players from last years squad. They continue to learn and get more experienced playing together with the 20 underclassmen.

My main concern was goaltending and that seems fine so far. The defense looks undersized compared to what we had but they're doing OK and working out problems.

They need to get used to the tight officiating and avoid unnecessary penalties if possible.
                      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

A very fun team to watch. Hardworking and never quit playing. They don't look for the extra pass for something better. A guy has a good open shot and he lets 'er rip. Hence the scoring being spread out across the lineup like it is. Seems like a new guy steps up in each game. Love this team.
                        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Wow ... 24 hours before UNH visits Chestnut Hill, and no posting activity whatsoever on the (2nd page) BC thread.

Don't youze guys know "The Champions of December" are headed to your barn to inflict some serious damage?

Doesn't your school want to honor Coach Umile during his (uber extended) Adieu Hockey East Farewell Tour???

Maybe you folks can hoist one of his old turtlenecks to the Conte rafters? It's OK with us if he's still wearing it.
                          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                            Wow ... 24 hours before UNH visits Chestnut Hill, and no posting activity whatsoever on the (2nd page) BC thread.

Don't youze guys know "The Champions of December" are headed to your barn to inflict some serious damage?

Doesn't your school want to honor Coach Umile during his (uber extended) Adieu Hockey East Farewell Tour???

Maybe you folks can hoist one of his old turtlenecks to the Conte rafters? It's OK with us if he's still wearing it.
                            Wow Chuck you're in a holiday mood already )

Our team is going well so we have nothing to post and complain about

If your coach needs a ride, let me know )

Honestly we don't want to beat up on you guys when you're already down in the dumps looking at the UNH thread
                            NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                              It's only November. No worries.
                              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                                Our team is going well so we have nothing to post and complain about
                                I agree wholeheartedly that our team is going well. That's doesn't mean I'm not going to complain about whomever though it was a good idea to have this game tonight on Election Night. I am truly torn whether to go or eat my tickets. Shouldn't have to be making that decision. None of us should.
                                The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                                BC - 12
                                BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X