Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PPGuru View Post
    With the quad injury that Mattila is down with BC may have to dress Moore and use him as much as he is able.
    Mattila is dressing.
    Originally posted by mookie1995
    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

Game is on ESPN3.

http://www.espn.com/watchespn/
      A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
        I always think of and miss Jim Logue on your annual visit. Not knowing who he was, we chatted pre-game a few years back. Y'all had played the previous night, we had not. He asked me about the CCHA and WCHA games I had seen on TV. I felt honored when I realized who he was. Once the game started he started taking notes. I caught a glimpse, but he didn't want me looking at his tips for slowing sown our then high powered offense, who to key on defensively, etc. I made a point to greet and chat with him until he retired. Great old school hockey guy, speaks volumes for your program.
        i never met the man but know a lot of people who have and he is universally liked and respected so not surprised with your experiences.... I bet Jerry misses him a whole lot

Comment

Got the W. Don't know what Calnan was thinking. Expect a little more out of the team captain.
          A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Boy, the Eagles have a ton of scoring depth. 13 players with double digit points. Leading HE in goals with 64 (13 more then NU who has 3 of the top 10 scorers in the country). Really impressive.
            Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
              Got the W. Don't know what Calnan was thinking. Expect a little more out of the team captain.
              right? really entertaining game to watch as is the norm when we play these guys.

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
              Boy, the Eagles have a ton of scoring depth. 13 players with double digit points. Leading HE in goals with 64 (13 more then NU who has 3 of the top 10 scorers in the country). Really impressive.
              which is certainly a lot different than some of the recent teams where there was no threat of a goal when 3rd and 4th lines were on the ice

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                I Agee and when they had control at 5-2, they did what I said to the guy next to me not to do.

Stupid penalties, sloppy decisions with the puck in their end of the ice and doing their best, to give the game away.

Getting tired of the Firtzies with their breakdowns. One in particular Casey with his sloppy lackadaisical play misfires on his pass and coughs it up in his end forcing someone on his team to take a penalty to make up for his poor play in his end which led to a power play goal by UNH.

If you get in trouble clear the puck hard out of the zone or take an icing and regroup. More often than not, this kind of play leads to goals and a team like BU will make them pay on Monday.

Casey just does not know when to back down and back off to avoid needless penalties that hurt the team or any other guy on the team that does the same idiotic thing.

The captain taking a major is something that is unacceptable when you literally have the game in control if you play smart hockey

It is a young team, sure but maturity counts from the upper classmen and leading by example is important wins games. Maybe we need a Tommy Cross on the bench to show these guys
                NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Looking at the standings, I don't think there is any realistic way BC and BU do not finish as the top two teams in the league. Need to play mistake free Monday to win. Can Chris Calnan be suspended for the Beanpot? Or is it the next league game?

Comment

• Originally posted by PPGuru View Post
                    With the quad injury that Mattila is down with BC may have to dress Moore and use him as much as he is able.
                    Moore is awful. Consistently turns over the puck under pressure or falls down on the rush. Not sure why he gets all the ice he does.

Comment

• Originally posted by recruited View Post
                      Moore is awful. Consistently turns over the puck under pressure or falls down on the rush. Not sure why he gets all the ice he does.
                      I don't think there is a lot of depth on defense unless you convert a forward to play defense.
                      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Comment

Originally posted by recruited View Post
                        +16 being 5th on the team is a stat that says otherwise. Cangelosi +24 Savage +19 Kim +17 and Brown +17are the only ones ahead of him. Sure hope you are not a recruit trying to justify playing time over him.

Comment

• Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
                          +16 being 5th on the team is a stat that says otherwise. Cangelosi +24 Savage +19 Kim +17 and Brown +17are the only ones ahead of him. Sure hope you are not a recruit trying to justify playing time over him.
                          Now I'm curious

Casey and Ryan have the most penalties on the team. What is their plus/minus ratings?

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                            Now I'm curious

Casey and Ryan have the most penalties on the team. What is their plus/minus ratings?
                            Matt Gaudreau has the most PIM with 48 (+13)
                            C. Fitz 38 PIM (+13)
                            R. Fitz 36 PIM (+11)
                            White 32 PIM (+12)

Stats
                            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                              Matt Gaudreau has the most PIM with 48 (+13)
                              C. Fitz 38 PIM (+13)
                              R. Fitz 36 PIM (+11)
                              White 32 PIM (+12)

Stats
                              21 sure plays with a lot of **** and vinegar. Fivehole12, you remember the game we went to see at PC where they tied it at the end when Jerry was going for i dunno what record but Matty G stood in the aisle next to our seats, he looked 10. Who would have thought he'd be leading the team in scoring as a SR? ( i know, white and Fitz were hurt but still)

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                                I don't think there is a lot of depth on defense unless you convert a forward to play defense.
                                Please no, just don't. You're giving me flashbacks of Danny Linell back on defense or Boyle getting turnstiled by Tim Kennedy in the 2007 National Championship game.
                                The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                                BC - 12
                                BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X