Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
    The times... they may be a changin'. These G's left early recently...

Angus Redmond, Fr, G, Michigan Tech - Anaheim (NHL) 22-10-5, 1.85, .917
    Hunter Miska, Fr, G, Minnesota Duluth - Arizona (NHL) 27-5-5, 2.20, . 920
    Shane Starrett, So, G, Air Force - Edmonton (NHL) 26-6-4, 26-6-4, 1.99, .925
    Chris Nell, Jr, G, Bowling Green - NY Rangers (NHL) 17-14-2, 2.15, .916
    Starrett, Redmond, and Miska were undrafted 21 year old freshmen, which are not at all comparable to a 18 year old drafted freshman. I think for drafted goalies who excel at the NCAA level 3 years in college is still likely the norm, like Demko.

Comment

Hate agreeing with Agganis but he's exactly right

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        Well, those guys were two and dones.
        I know they weren't freshmen but still I think too many are leaving too early when they're not ready. BC lost Colin White and other players like Woods last year. The money is there and they're jumping ship.
        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
          I know they weren't freshmen but still I think too many are leaving too early when they're not ready. BC lost Colin White and other players like Woods last year. The money is there and they're jumping ship.
          Wood was also pretty old. Turned 21 before he would have played his first game as a sophomore if he had stayed.
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

As far as the BC update at the USNTDP sponsored by Rogie Sandusky, I have 3 things I look for in recruits.
            1. Actually show up to BC.
            2. Live up to any potential hype or exceed it.
            3. Stick around for at least 3 years.

The all-time greats tick off all 3 boxes... and I want to see a roster full of all-time greats. 99% of the guys that don't tick off these boxes are forgettable historically not just with BC but usually in the sport as far as their typically short careers goes. While York was going strong the roster was just stacked up and down the lineup with the guys that checked off all 3.
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
              The times... they may be a changin'. These G's left early recently...

Angus Redmond, Fr, G, Michigan Tech - Anaheim (NHL) 22-10-5, 1.85, .917
              Hunter Miska, Fr, G, Minnesota Duluth - Arizona (NHL) 27-5-5, 2.20, . 920
              Shane Starrett, So, G, Air Force - Edmonton (NHL) 26-6-4, 26-6-4, 1.99, .925
              Chris Nell, Jr, G, Bowling Green - NY Rangers (NHL) 17-14-2, 2.15, .916
              '95, '95, '94, '94 and all undrafted...

Spencer Knight will come to BC in 2019 and be under a NHL team's control so it will be totally different.
              https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
              Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                HAHAHA that's hilarious if mookie is him. Sad!
                i was loling when i read that too. good one pro

Comment

When's the last time 2 Frosh and 1 Soph goaltender, drafted or undrafted, left the college ranks for the pros, in the same off season? Curious. Fairly common for a Jr., but I'm thinking it's rare for the Fr and So, but maybe not.
                  'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

• Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                    What do you mean we, Patriot Golfer?
                    Mookie would be "mookie" if he posted on ea
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      Mookie would be "mookie" if he posted on ea
                      Only if he slipped up again! :-)
                      Originally posted by mookie1995
                      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                      Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                      Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                        Wood was also pretty old. Turned 21 before he would have played his first game as a sophomore if he had stayed.
                        BC can use a Santini or McCoshen type defenseman right now from the incoming freshmen in September. They look thin back there.
                        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Who is heading to Vegas? Naturally, I am just assuming that Nick Papagiorgio will be there!

Comment

Who is heading to Vegas? Naturally, I am just assuming that Nick Papagiorgio will be there!

Honestly, BC doing this (not a surprise - York+McPhee) and then announcing via twitter with the Vegas gambling gif I really thought maybe it was April 1st or something.

While I continue to believe the NCAA would frown upon a championship in the dessert, one has to wonder if this may be a precursor to a FF bid in Sin City.

Comment

This sounds like a nice little Jan. 1st - 7th get away to me. A little golf, a little sight seeing, lots of dice rolling and of course, Eagle hockey. What could be better?
                              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

this sucks!!!!

bc playing in vegas and bu in ariz along with maybe la! and mookie moving to the middle east for a couple years gonna miss it. mookie would head out for both sets of games. that is gonna be awesome.
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X