Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

That fourth line was GREAT. If these were new lines we need to roll with this for a while.
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

These were the lines...

R. Fitz - Cangelosi - Brown
      Gaudreau - White - Dudek
      Cotton - Matilla - Calnan
      McPhee - Booth - Walker

McInnis-Savage
      Campoli-C. Fitz
      Kim-Moore

Calnan line potted 3, Fitz line got 1 and White line got 1... no cheapies in the bunch.

Cange gotta find a new stick. He's having trouble controlling the puck with the one he's using, going back to the turnover vs BU, to the present. Or perhaps just gripping the current stick too tight. Relax Cange... have fun!
      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

If the 4th line was great, that is very encouraging because the first three can all score in theory. Don't have the top end talent BU does but BU does not have a better. BC might even have a better 4th line. If those current lines click like last night, better equipped to beat BU in the Pot and potentially hockey east tourney.

Comment

Huge win. Showed lots of grit and heart to come back from being down 4-2. Woll might have been shaky early, but his stop on the shorthanded breakaway that would have netted ND a second SHG was the play of the game. ND scores there, that's the ballgame.
          The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
          BC - 12
          BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
            These were the lines...

R. Fitz - Cangelosi - Brown
            Gaudreau - White - Dudek
            Cotton - Matilla - Calnan
            McPhee - Booth - Walker

McInnis-Savage
            Campoli-C. Fitz
            Kim-Moore

Calnan line potted 3, Fitz line got 1 and White line got 1... no cheapies in the bunch.

Cange gotta find a new stick. He's having trouble controlling the puck with the one he's using, going back to the turnover vs BU, to the present. Or perhaps just gripping the current stick too tight. Relax Cange... have fun!
            One more good thing about those line set ups is that there is another Forward and Defenseman with tons of playing time that can easily replace an injured or ill player. Greco at Forward And Mattila on Defense as well as Edquist and Milosz in Goal. The team has depth. Was Mattila out injured and filled in by Campoli for that game?

Comment

Yes, Mattila the dman is currently hurt. I think York called it a quad issue.

Comment

It was encouraging to see the comeback and hopefully they can sustain the offence in their remaining games.

Still to many mistakes on defense and penalties that can hurt them.

Somehow Notre Dame blew that 3 on 1 when BC was shorthanded and a second SH goal would have nailed them. Woll saved them on that situation.

Before the season started some people were not sure if they would get 12 to 15 wins. For what they have lost from last season, they're managing well to the point they already have 17 wins and so far, first in HE.

Cangelosi needs to get going but hopefully he can start to get it together. Every game remaining is tough.
                NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
                  One more good thing about those line set ups is that there is another Forward and Defenseman with tons of playing time that can easily replace an injured or ill player. Greco at Forward And Mattila on Defense as well as Edquist and Milosz in Goal. The team has depth. Was Mattila out injured and filled in by Campoli for that game?
                  I'd like to see Greco get more time to be honest, he looked solid from what I saw of him early on. But Mattila has come on strong as of late.

We need to get White, Fitzgerald, and Cangelosi on a line = Whiskey-Cango-Foxtrot.
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                    One thing that could play in BC's favor is this will be only the 9th game ND has played on the road(4-3-1)as opposed to 17 at home. Can't figure that disparity.
                    ND treats all its sports like they do football, cram as many home games as possible on the schedule and put money in the bank. Road games don't pay lawsuit settlements for kids that Brian Kelly has killed and Manti Te'o's fake dead girlfriend cover ups.
                    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

gotta bump this thread? last of the 4 leading up to the 'pot. No let down Eagles after last week's big win.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                        gotta bump this thread? last of the 4 leading up to the 'pot. No let down Eagles after last week's big win.
                        Maybe just a little? Regardless, the Eagles' annual Whitt visit is always fun spectator hockey.
                        I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                          Maybe just a little? Regardless, the Eagles' annual Whitt visit is always fun spectator hockey.
                          as are 'cats visits to Conte. Over my years as a season ticket holder, by and large, the most entertaining games were with UNH if you remove the drama associated with the BU-BC rivalry.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                            as are 'cats visits to Conte. Over my years as a season ticket holder, by and large, the most entertaining games were with UNH if you remove the drama associated with the BU-BC rivalry.
                            I always think of and miss Jim Logue on your annual visit. Not knowing who he was, we chatted pre-game a few years back. Y'all had played the previous night, we had not. He asked me about the CCHA and WCHA games I had seen on TV. I felt honored when I realized who he was. Once the game started he started taking notes. I caught a glimpse, but he didn't want me looking at his tips for slowing sown our then high powered offense, who to key on defensively, etc. I made a point to greet and chat with him until he retired. Great old school hockey guy, speaks volumes for your program.
                            I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

I hear that there may be changes to the lineup today. Moore is fighting the flu - but should still play. This makes no sense. The guy has been struggling as of late and then to play him when he is sick makes no sense. Defense needs all the help it can get. This is a game BC should win.

Comment

With the quad injury that Mattila is down with BC may have to dress Moore and use him as much as he is able.

Comment

Working...
                                X