Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 660 of 953

Thread: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

  1. #641
    Just Browsing...
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Bostonish
    Posts
    2,456
    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    shocked though that switzer wasn't selected. good god the kid had 3g in 4per!!!!
    It's a crime.

  2. #642
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    332
    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    shocked though that switzer wasn't selected. good god the kid had 3g in 4per!!!!
    Thanks for making my point Pookie....I should have said All Hockey East 4th forward rover who doesn't score with those 4 goals in 33 games. which is actually like 50 games with all the ice time the defense whisperer gives him. So he makes all Hockey East for his shut down defense?..for running that dynamic first PP unit?....LMFAO...you were on the BU forum calling him flat footed Charlie against ND....make up your mind Pookie Poo

  3. #643
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    332
    Quote Originally Posted by BU2K View Post
    It's a crime.
    No the crime is pretending McAvoy is All Hockey East...and it is pretty sad when your 8th D comes in for 2 games and scores as many goals as the 1st round so called superstar has the entire season.

  4. #644
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Bear Republic
    Posts
    4,799

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BUtogether View Post
    You were lucky to lose a couple of them
    hahahhaha, that's funny. Misery loves company i guess, still rather have your lot at this point by far.
    *****

  5. #645
    Holding court
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    HOTel cORAL esSEX
    Posts
    5,592

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    still rather have your lot at this point by far.
    Yup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010 View Post
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

  6. #646
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    332
    Quote Originally Posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    hahahhaha, that's funny. Misery loves company i guess, still rather have your lot at this point by far.
    I just said a couple....lol

  7. #647
    Holding court
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    HOTel cORAL esSEX
    Posts
    5,592

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

    Going to stir the pot a bit with this Campoli vs. McInnis debate. Feel bad for both of these kids to be honest. Not trying to pick on any particular player here but...

    Potentially Skewed Facts (but still facts):

    Record with Campoli: 7-2-1
    Record without Campoli: 11-12-3
    Record with McInnis: 14-13-4
    Record without McInnis: 4-1-0
    Campoli: +7 in 10 games
    McInnis: -1 in 31 games
    Record when McInnis records a point: 5-0-1
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010 View Post
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

  8. #648
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    South Shore, MA
    Posts
    7,442

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

    I'm thinking a case could be made that Campoli could replace any one of our top 6 D and it wouldn't hurt a bit. Just sayin'.
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

  9. #649
    Just Browsing...
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Bostonish
    Posts
    2,456
    Quote Originally Posted by BUtogether View Post
    No the crime is pretending McAvoy is All Hockey East...and it is pretty sad when your 8th D comes in for 2 games and scores as many goals as the 1st round so called superstar has the entire season.
    I didn't say I was pretending but whatever floats your boat Buttgatherer

  10. #650
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    332
    Quote Originally Posted by BU2K View Post
    I didn't say I was pretending but whatever floats your boat Buttgatherer
    Yes your comment was quite enlightening FU2K....yuck yuck we can both play the 5 year old name calling game...moron

  11. #651
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    332
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    Going to stir the pot a bit with this Campoli vs. McInnis debate. Feel bad for both of these kids to be honest. Not trying to pick on any particular player here but...

    Potentially Skewed Facts (but still facts):

    Record with Campoli: 7-2-1
    Record without Campoli: 11-12-3
    Record with McInnis: 14-13-4
    Record without McInnis: 4-1-0
    Campoli: +7 in 10 games
    McInnis: -1 in 31 games
    Record when McInnis records a point: 5-0-1
    Very similar to what goes on at BU but facts don't fit the NHL narrative

  12. #652

    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    5,337

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

    The big question for BC is future of York and how his age plays into recruits. I think both Harvard's and BU's recruiting uptick has something to do with this.

    I am surprised that a Marshall Warren, Wahlstrom, Wilde, and Rathbone are not BC bound.

  13. #653
    QU PC BC and Hobart fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Madison, Connecticut
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by BUtogether View Post
    No the crime is pretending McAvoy is All Hockey East...and it is pretty sad when your 8th D comes in for 2 games and scores as many goals as the 1st round so called superstar has the entire season.
    Should be interesting when the Bruins sign McAvoy at the end of the season... I wonder what you'll think of him as a Bruin

    Rough em up *ck em up BU sucks

  14. #654
    Just Browsing...
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Bostonish
    Posts
    2,456
    Quote Originally Posted by butogether View Post
    yes your comment was quite enlightening fu2k....yuck yuck we can both play the 5 year old name calling game...moron
    yawn...

  15. #655
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Northwest of Boston
    Posts
    1,092

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    Going to stir the pot a bit with this Campoli vs. McInnis debate. Feel bad for both of these kids to be honest. Not trying to pick on any particular player here but...

    Potentially Skewed Facts (but still facts):

    Record with Campoli: 7-2-1
    Record without Campoli: 11-12-3
    Record with McInnis: 14-13-4
    Record without McInnis: 4-1-0
    Campoli: +7 in 10 games
    McInnis: -1 in 31 games
    Record when McInnis records a point: 5-0-1
    Why stop there.
    Record with both Campoli and McGinnis in the line-up 3-1-1.

    Games Campoli was in that McGinnis was not: Colorado College, Maine, Arizona State, Northeastern wins and the Notre Dame loss in South Bend.

    I agree Campoli deserves more PT but it is not just a case of Campoli or McGinnis.
    Jerry has used many players seldom as a Freshman who he later uses quite extensively as key players. I think of someone like Paul Carey who fit that mold.

  16. #656
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    332
    Quote Originally Posted by BU2K View Post
    yawn...
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz...jacka**

  17. #657
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    332
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Trev View Post
    Should be interesting when the Bruins sign McAvoy at the end of the season... I wonder what you'll think of him as a Bruin

    Rough em up *ck em up BU sucks
    I will think thank god good riddance...hopefully the Bruins will actually coach him to play defense...but I'm guessing huge bust...hope I am wrong

  18. #658
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Bear Republic
    Posts
    4,799

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bothman View Post
    The big question for BC is future of York and how his age plays into recruits. I think both Harvard's and BU's recruiting uptick has something to do with this.
    i think a lot of us dont want to believe this but there's a lot truth to what you say IMO........not only that but the recipe that BC used for 15 years was tinkered with and then lost over the past 3-4 We've become the kings of Oct-Nov and Dec instead of the fine tuned machine of Feb-March and April that we were for years. I know, we made the FF last year but were not playing our best at the time of both tournaments
    *****

  19. #659
    #SOAR #FireTheMusket
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Chestnut Hill
    Posts
    2
    I talked with a BC hockey player last year at a BC baseball game, and he said that the assistant coaches are doing a lot of the work, and that Jerry relies much more heavily on them than he ever has before (basically that York is kind of losing it). As for the future of this program I'm slightly concerned. We have some good recruits in the pipeline, but we are clearly getting out-recruited by BU. When York retires BC should go after a guy like Bazin, but they won't because we won't hire someone who isn't an alum. I really hope we don't screw up York's replacement, but I have a feeling we will in some way. We don't exactly have a good track record on our commitment to athletics

  20. #660
    Also known as the Southern Dandaaay
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,706

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmont_63 View Post
    When York retires BC should go after a guy like Bazin, but they won't because we won't hire someone who isn't an alum.
    Keep your dirty, filthy, little hands off.
    Lowell Forever
    Forever Lowell

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •