Page 20 of 45 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

I have been scratching my head about Campoli's lack of PT since I first saw him vs CC.
    Heavy hitter. Cleans house in front of net. Defensively sound. He was a +3 vs ND on 1/28.
    5 puck movers on the ice at all times... Santini's game wouldn't fit the new style.
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Quote Originally Posted by FiveHole12 View Post
    I have been scratching my head about Campoli's lack of PT since I first saw him vs CC.
    Heavy hitter. Cleans house in front of net. Defensively sound. He was a +3 vs ND on 1/28.
    5 puck movers on the ice at all times... Santini's game wouldn't fit the new style.

The new style does not seem to work against BU or other top teams. Joe Woll can only do so much ....

BTW , SAntini is playing in the NHL. SO that style works.
    Last edited by recruited; 02-08-2017 at 01:37 PM.

Can you guys let me know which sections are the home shooting end at the Conte?

Quote Originally Posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
    Can you guys let me know which sections are the home shooting end at the Conte?
    BC shoots twice toward the end of the alphabet sections(R & S behind the net). So any section from M to X is on that end. I assume that may have something to do with the luxury boxes at that end that overlook both Conte and Alumni. The band is at the opposite end in section H.

Quote Originally Posted by BC/HE View Post
    BC shoots twice toward the end of the alphabet sections(R & S behind the net). So any section from M to X is on that end. I assume that may have something to do with the luxury boxes at that end that overlook both Conte and Alumni. The band is at the opposite end in section H.
    Fwiw, if you sit in sections Q or T you're going to have a hard time seeing the play along the dasher and even the goaltender because those sections border R & S, the student sections where they stand for the whole game.
    A bad cause requires many words.

Quote Originally Posted by SonofSouthie View Post
    Fwiw, if you sit in sections Q or T you're going to have a hard time seeing the play along the dasher and even the goaltender because those sections border R & S, the student sections where they stand for the whole game.
    Oh don't worry. I don't want to be anywhere near your students.

I have a couple of tix available in Section P if anyone is interested. Southie?
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Quote Originally Posted by FiveHole12 View Post
    I have a couple of tix available in Section P if anyone is interested. Southie?
    Sry, no can do.

Great seats too if anybody is interested.
    A bad cause requires many words.

Good start so far, team really looks invested. Woll a tremendous mistake on first goal and then optional defense after that.

Another ridiculous replay delay. NOT offside.

What is Dennehy questioning? Not even close.

Doggie Out! Afuera!

Awful, just awful. A home game against a team they should beat, when every precious point counts and that's the effort they come out with? Ugh.
    The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
    BC - 12
    BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

First win for Merrimack at Conte in 30 tries. Bound to happen eventually but that is a killer loss in pwr.

Holding court

Didn't see that abortion on Friday, thank goodness. Sounds like the defense was horrific again, in particular McInnis. Need to get him on the bench and put in Campoli ASAP. Shouldn't be rocket science. At least they didn't load up on penalties I guess? But then you see a too many men penalty and wonder where everyone's head is. I don't know, hard to find positives here. Usually making the NCAAs is a badge of honor and at least you put up another year on the NCAA banner but for this program I don't see any point in going one-and-done and would rather see a more deserving team take that spot in the tourney.

We've left them for dead before but that was when they had far more talent. And obviously that first period last Monday was pretty much one of the worst 20-minutes I've ever seen any BC team play. In the Beanpot. Against BU. It says a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010 View Post
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    Didn't see that abortion on Friday, thank goodness. Sounds like the defense was horrific again, in particular McInnis. Need to get him on the bench and put in Campoli ASAP. Shouldn't be rocket science. At least they didn't load up on penalties I guess? But then you see a too many men penalty and wonder where everyone's head is. I don't know, hard to find positives here. Usually making the NCAAs is a badge of honor and at least you put up another year on the NCAA banner but for this program I don't see any point in going one-and-done and would rather see a more deserving team take that spot in the tourney.

We've left them for dead before but that was when they had far more talent. And obviously that first period last Monday was pretty much one of the worst 20-minutes I've ever seen any BC team play. In the Beanpot. Against BU. It says a lot.
    Yeah, McInnis is awful and has been that way for a while. What do you do when the old man is an assistant coach? Brown and McInnis (the father) played together at BC years ago. Lots of history there and some loyalty too it seems. But what about loyalty or doing what is right for the the rest of the team. Defense has been awful. Need to change things up some.

Holding court

McInnis still in the lineup tonight. *shrug*
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010 View Post
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Marty is only a volunteer assistant right? Wouldn't be a big deal to sit Luke. If they need to find another volunteer, plenty of candidates.

Lost to NU. granted they are in first place but the season is now just about over.

Didn't see the game, guess BC had potential game winning goal called back. I'm sure it was a tremendous call...

The McInnis thing is a head scratcher. It's understandable to see an 18 year old struggle making the jump from Prep to College without the year or two so many spend in the USHL.
    What's harder to understand is why York doesn't give Campoli more of a shot.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by PPGuru View Post
    The McInnis thing is a head scratcher. It's understandable to see an 18 year old struggle making the jump from Prep to College without the year or two so many spend in the USHL.
    What's harder to understand is why York doesn't give Campoli more of a shot.
    Pretty sure he was in USHL with Youngstown last year

Thread Information