Page 18 of 47 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 929

Thread: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

  1. #341
    Go 'cats!
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Manchester, NH
    Posts
    1,277

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    gotta bump this thread? last of the 4 leading up to the 'pot. No let down Eagles after last week's big win.
    Maybe just a little? Regardless, the Eagles' annual Whitt visit is always fun spectator hockey.
    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

  2. #342
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Bear Republic
    Posts
    4,799

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    Maybe just a little? Regardless, the Eagles' annual Whitt visit is always fun spectator hockey.
    as are 'cats visits to Conte. Over my years as a season ticket holder, by and large, the most entertaining games were with UNH if you remove the drama associated with the BU-BC rivalry.
    *****

  3. #343
    Go 'cats!
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Manchester, NH
    Posts
    1,277

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    as are 'cats visits to Conte. Over my years as a season ticket holder, by and large, the most entertaining games were with UNH if you remove the drama associated with the BU-BC rivalry.
    I always think of and miss Jim Logue on your annual visit. Not knowing who he was, we chatted pre-game a few years back. Y'all had played the previous night, we had not. He asked me about the CCHA and WCHA games I had seen on TV. I felt honored when I realized who he was. Once the game started he started taking notes. I caught a glimpse, but he didn't want me looking at his tips for slowing sown our then high powered offense, who to key on defensively, etc. I made a point to greet and chat with him until he retired. Great old school hockey guy, speaks volumes for your program.
    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

  4. #344
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    36

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

    I hear that there may be changes to the lineup today. Moore is fighting the flu - but should still play. This makes no sense. The guy has been struggling as of late and then to play him when he is sick makes no sense. Defense needs all the help it can get. This is a game BC should win.

  5. #345
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    205

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

    With the quad injury that Mattila is down with BC may have to dress Moore and use him as much as he is able.

  6. #346
    The Original Dope Detector theprofromdover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,604
    Quote Originally Posted by PPGuru View Post
    With the quad injury that Mattila is down with BC may have to dress Moore and use him as much as he is able.
    Mattila is dressing.

  7. #347
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Southie
    Posts
    1,635

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

    Game is on ESPN3.

    http://www.espn.com/watchespn/
    A bad cause requires many words.

  8. #348
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Bear Republic
    Posts
    4,799

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    I always think of and miss Jim Logue on your annual visit. Not knowing who he was, we chatted pre-game a few years back. Y'all had played the previous night, we had not. He asked me about the CCHA and WCHA games I had seen on TV. I felt honored when I realized who he was. Once the game started he started taking notes. I caught a glimpse, but he didn't want me looking at his tips for slowing sown our then high powered offense, who to key on defensively, etc. I made a point to greet and chat with him until he retired. Great old school hockey guy, speaks volumes for your program.
    i never met the man but know a lot of people who have and he is universally liked and respected so not surprised with your experiences.... I bet Jerry misses him a whole lot
    *****

  9. #349
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Southie
    Posts
    1,635

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

    Got the W. Don't know what Calnan was thinking. Expect a little more out of the team captain.
    A bad cause requires many words.

  10. #350
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Franklin, MA
    Posts
    1,009

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

    Boy, the Eagles have a ton of scoring depth. 13 players with double digit points. Leading HE in goals with 64 (13 more then NU who has 3 of the top 10 scorers in the country). Really impressive.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

  11. #351
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Bear Republic
    Posts
    4,799

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SonofSouthie View Post
    Got the W. Don't know what Calnan was thinking. Expect a little more out of the team captain.
    right? really entertaining game to watch as is the norm when we play these guys.

    Quote Originally Posted by RENCEB View Post
    Boy, the Eagles have a ton of scoring depth. 13 players with double digit points. Leading HE in goals with 64 (13 more then NU who has 3 of the top 10 scorers in the country). Really impressive.
    which is certainly a lot different than some of the recent teams where there was no threat of a goal when 3rd and 4th lines were on the ice
    *****

  12. #352
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Greater Boston, MA
    Posts
    8,323
    Quote Originally Posted by SonofSouthie View Post
    Got the W. Don't know what Calnan was thinking. Expect a little more out of the team captain.
    I Agee and when they had control at 5-2, they did what I said to the guy next to me not to do.

    Stupid penalties, sloppy decisions with the puck in their end of the ice and doing their best, to give the game away.

    Getting tired of the Firtzies with their breakdowns. One in particular Casey with his sloppy lackadaisical play misfires on his pass and coughs it up in his end forcing someone on his team to take a penalty to make up for his poor play in his end which led to a power play goal by UNH.

    If you get in trouble clear the puck hard out of the zone or take an icing and regroup. More often than not, this kind of play leads to goals and a team like BU will make them pay on Monday.

    Casey just does not know when to back down and back off to avoid needless penalties that hurt the team or any other guy on the team that does the same idiotic thing.

    The captain taking a major is something that is unacceptable when you literally have the game in control if you play smart hockey

    It is a young team, sure but maturity counts from the upper classmen and leading by example is important wins games. Maybe we need a Tommy Cross on the bench to show these guys

  13. #353
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    384

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

    Looking at the standings, I don't think there is any realistic way BC and BU do not finish as the top two teams in the league. Need to play mistake free Monday to win. Can Chris Calnan be suspended for the Beanpot? Or is it the next league game?

  14. #354
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by PPGuru View Post
    With the quad injury that Mattila is down with BC may have to dress Moore and use him as much as he is able.
    Moore is awful. Consistently turns over the puck under pressure or falls down on the rush. Not sure why he gets all the ice he does.

  15. #355
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Greater Boston, MA
    Posts
    8,323
    Quote Originally Posted by recruited View Post
    Moore is awful. Consistently turns over the puck under pressure or falls down on the rush. Not sure why he gets all the ice he does.
    I don't think there is a lot of depth on defense unless you convert a forward to play defense.

  16. #356
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Northwest of Boston
    Posts
    1,091

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by recruited View Post
    Moore is awful. Consistently turns over the puck under pressure or falls down on the rush. Not sure why he gets all the ice he does.
    +16 being 5th on the team is a stat that says otherwise. Cangelosi +24 Savage +19 Kim +17 and Brown +17are the only ones ahead of him. Sure hope you are not a recruit trying to justify playing time over him.

  17. #357
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Greater Boston, MA
    Posts
    8,323
    Quote Originally Posted by BC/HE View Post
    +16 being 5th on the team is a stat that says otherwise. Cangelosi +24 Savage +19 Kim +17 and Brown +17are the only ones ahead of him. Sure hope you are not a recruit trying to justify playing time over him.
    Now I'm curious

    Casey and Ryan have the most penalties on the team. What is their plus/minus ratings?

  18. #358
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    South Shore, MA
    Posts
    7,441

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BCeagle View Post
    Now I'm curious

    Casey and Ryan have the most penalties on the team. What is their plus/minus ratings?
    Matt Gaudreau has the most PIM with 48 (+13)
    C. Fitz 38 PIM (+13)
    R. Fitz 36 PIM (+11)
    White 32 PIM (+12)

    Stats
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

  19. #359
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Bear Republic
    Posts
    4,799

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by FiveHole12 View Post
    Matt Gaudreau has the most PIM with 48 (+13)
    C. Fitz 38 PIM (+13)
    R. Fitz 36 PIM (+11)
    White 32 PIM (+12)

    Stats
    21 sure plays with a lot of **** and vinegar. Fivehole12, you remember the game we went to see at PC where they tied it at the end when Jerry was going for i dunno what record but Matty G stood in the aisle next to our seats, he looked 10. Who would have thought he'd be leading the team in scoring as a SR? ( i know, white and Fitz were hurt but still)
    *****

  20. #360
    Doggie Out! Afuera!
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    South Shore
    Posts
    670

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BCeagle View Post
    I don't think there is a lot of depth on defense unless you convert a forward to play defense.
    Please no, just don't. You're giving me flashbacks of Danny Linell back on defense or Boyle getting turnstiled by Tim Kennedy in the 2007 National Championship game.
    The ORIGINAL Cross Check

    Frozen Four appearances since 98'
    BC - 12
    BU - 2

    BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •